Author Topic: Trailer Park  (Read 9640 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Trailer Park
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 07:01:13 AM »
I don't normally read Harry's site, but from what he was saying, would you reckon he liked the movie?

:hysterical:

I can't wait to see that movie!!!

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 09:14:05 PM »
"Did he say strap in or..."

This is great.

Family Guy: Blue Harvest (Empire news link)

Najemikon

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 09:21:28 PM »
I loved Dog Soldiers and I thought The Descent was the best horror movie for years. Proper old school filmmaker is Neil Marshall. And it looks like he's cut loose with this one!  :o

Doomsday

I found the link on Empire. I agree with most of their thoughts that this looks like a good mix of 28 Days Later and Mad Max. I'd add Land of the Dead to that too. I do not agree with their claim of "no real money shot". How about Rhona Mitra's arse amongst other things?  :devil:

EDIT: Rhona was memorable in a small role in Shooter. I just saw that she was also in Highwaymen. Is that the same one Lovemunkey's been on about? Suddenly I'm more interested!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 09:24:28 PM by Najemikon »

lovemunkey187

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 10:59:26 AM »
I loved Dog Soldiers and I thought The Descent was the best horror movie for years. Proper old school filmmaker is Neil Marshall. And it looks like he's cut loose with this one!  :o

Doomsday

I found the link on Empire. I agree with most of their thoughts that this looks like a good mix of 28 Days Later and Mad Max. I'd add Land of the Dead to that too. I do not agree with their claim of "no real money shot". How about Rhona Mitra's arse amongst other things?  :devil:

EDIT: Rhona was memorable in a small role in Shooter. I just saw that she was also in Highwaymen. Is that the same one Lovemunkey's been on about? Suddenly I'm more interested!

Like the look of that, Mad Max meets 28 Days Later meets Glasgow on a Saturday night.

Yep, Highwaymen was the one I was on about.

lyonsden5

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 02:01:11 PM »
Mulder and Scully together again!  :yahoo:

click

I can't find a trailer for it yet. I'll keep an eye out.

Najemikon

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 09:52:43 PM »
I'm no Trekkie, but I thought this was pretty cool...

http://www.empireonline.com/video/startrekxi/

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 10:33:27 AM »
I saw Cloverfield today.

What a great movie! Pumped up by Harry's review (see lasty post on previous page), I found his assessments very much on the spot. It's an unusual take on the genre and very exciting at that. It may take a little longg to get going with the main action, but once it gets going, it's GOING!

(click to show/hide)

Warning:
The movie is filmed handheld all the way through. If you are sensitive, motion sickness may occur (let's called it the Blair Witch effect) :devil:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 10:43:23 AM »
Warning:
The movie is filmed handheld all the way through. If you are sensitive, motion sickness may occur (let's called it the Blair Witch effect) :devil:
At least it's supposed to be this way because of the hand-help camera.

What I didn't like about Bourne 3 was the camera unsteadyness even in quiet scenes such as talks.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 06:13:43 PM »
Thing is about handheld, it's all or nothing. I don't like films that switch between styles, so didn't mind Bourne's handheld talky bits. It kept up the invisible editing theme.

Najemikon

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »
This looks wonderful. I haven't got a direct link to the trailer, but this will take you to IMDb for various options. I strongly suggest you make the effort and seek out what's shaping up to be a great little British film...

Son of Rambow

It's the story of Will who isn't allowed to watch TV or movies. He makes friends with another boy, Lee, who is a bit of a bully. One day at Lee's house he sees Rambo playing and it fires his imagination. Lee is making a version of Rambo and wants Will to star in it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 02:08:15 PM by Najemikon »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »
Son of Rambow
Watched the Trailer, which caught my interest after the first 10 seconds!

IIRC this is not the first time I hear about this; will have to make an effort to remember to get the DVD (I doubt this will play in Taiwan).

Najemikon

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 09:09:40 PM »
Yeah, it's been around for a while. I saw interviews going back a year. I'd forgotten about it and suddenly thought to see if there was a trailer yet.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 09:41:14 AM »
Went to the cinema yesterday and watched Never Back Down, Pathology, In Bruges.
The trailer for these were on before hand, and look quite interesting

Teeth   :hmmmm:

Street Kings :clap:

Stop Loss :hmmmm:

Najemikon

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 03:47:55 PM »
Teeth looks... erm... scary. Or shit. Can't work it out, but it could be Freudian genius mixed with a bit of decent b-movie horror.

I like the look of Street Kings. Empire have reviewed it as 3 out 5, which sounds fair. Does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's anything like Training Day (minus the ridiculous contrived twist) then it'll be great. Keanu Reeves seems to suit the role and he needs to bury Neo very deep, IMO.

Stop Loss got another fair review from Empire. I think they implied it wasn't as sharp as it could have been, but the story seems so unjust that it hardly matters. They said Channing Tatum was very good in particular. He certainly made the trashy Step Up more watchable than it deserved. On a side note, I just dared to venture into the IMDB forums to see the reaction to Stop Loss. Oh my...  :o

EDIT: Meant to say, regards my earlier post for Doomsday. I might have been wrong, judging by the reaction its had. :(

lovemunkey187

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2008, 10:17:27 AM »
EDIT: Meant to say, regards my earlier post for Doomsday. I might have been wrong, judging by the reaction its had. :(

That was another trailer that was sandwiched between Iron Man adn The Incredible Hulk.

And it looked cooler on a 20' screen than it does on a 17" monitor.

:redcard: they should've retained the cast from Hulk for the sequel, just from the trailer I'm not convinced about Ed Norton.