Author Topic: Weather  (Read 21292 times)

Critter

Re: Weather
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 06:00:15 AM »
Just last night the temperature dropped significantly here and it's now quite cold: 15C/60F

I'm actually jelous of this Achim. I would love to have 15C instead of 39C. I'm cooking!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 06:03:04 AM »
November was warmer than normal..but it was really nice.
Then the temperature took a big dive in December.  Last Wednesday, it was like 54 when I went to work.  I left at like 7:45 am.  By that afternoon it was like 29.  Horrible high winds, though thankfully the electric didn't go out.  It stayed cold for several days and then warmed up a bit over the weekend..and Monday it was back in the 50s again.  Now today it is freezing again.

Stupid weather.

Critter

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 06:07:32 AM »
It's funny how a lot of you are in freezing weather right now and where I am today there was severe fire warnings due to heat. I wish we could swap  :(.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 06:36:51 AM »
Well, I would prefer 39C (as I have an air condition unit at home) to the 15C (as I don't have ater at home).

Critter

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 06:46:34 AM »
Fair enough, I just worry about fires when it is this hot. This is the hottest day SINCE Black Saturday which means everyone has been on tenderhooks all day. Luckily no major fires have broken out that I have heard of.

snowcat

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:38 AM »
Coventry, UK, Coventry, WARWICKSHIRE
Updated: 1 sec ago

3.9 °C
Mostly Cloudy

...looks like we are gonna get some Snow.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 04:02:04 PM »
Well, I would prefer 39C (as I have an air condition unit at home) to the 15C (as I don't have ater at home).
But would you prefer a -21C like we have here this morning? At least it doesn't wind, but it isn't funny to get out for smocking :thumbdown:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 06:00:24 AM »
But would you prefer a -21C like we have here this morning? At least it doesn't wind, but it isn't funny to get out for smocking :thumbdown:
Since I already prefer 39 over 15, I think a -21 is out of the question.

Although, to some degree a nice, dry -21, where you have heating inside and proper clothing for outside, can be more bearable than a humid +10 without heating in the appartment. ;)

I remember having a "beach themed" party in Sweden once, with -17C outside. At midnight (New Year's Eve) we went outside. ...obviously large quantities of alcohol had numbed out feeling.

Other than that, perfect time to quit smoking :hysterical:

Halo2

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 09:29:03 AM »
Kathy, I used to live in Rome, NY from 74-78. When a storm would hit Buffalo, it would often move on and hit us. I had a 4' picket fence around the back yard and usually the snow would be on level with the top of it. I would take the snow blower around the inside of the fence so the dog would have some place to go out and do her business.

:laugh:

lyonsden5

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 05:50:45 PM »
Right now it's a perfect 22C with a light breeze blowing. This is definitely the time of year to Live in Florida. For the next 3 months it's just about perfect.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 06:16:31 PM »
Right now it's a perfect 22C with a light breeze blowing. This is definitely the time of year to Live in Florida. For the next 3 months it's just about perfect.

You forgot the... :tease:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 05:54:19 AM »
You forgot the... :tease:

:slaphead:

I knew Rick's message seemed incomplete, just couldn't put my finger on it :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 06:59:40 AM »
It is snowing here now...has been for hours.  Supposed to get several inches by morning.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »
Not weather, but thought I mention:

We just had a 6.8 earthquake on the east coast of Taiwan, which "only" left me with a 4 where I am. Still, it shook quite violently (compared to smaller ones we get occasionally) and I was somewhat scared, jumped up, grabbed my shoes and headed towards the door. 30sec later it was over. Scariest earthquake since the big one in 2001.

Considering that "4" is still "smallish" makes me slightly shiver...

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 04:55:19 PM »
I have never felt an earthquake, thank goodness, but I can imagine how scary they might be. I'm glad you are all right, was anyone hurt?