Author Topic: Update On My Eye Situation  (Read 3428 times)

Rogmeister

Re: Update On My Eye Situation
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 06:54:10 AM »
 :thanks:  Thank you, Achim, that's a pretty good description of what happened.  I actually had both eyes dilated as the doctor was checking both eyes out.  When I went to the emergency room on Saturday, the doctor there found a loose stitch in my right eye from an operation I had back in June.  That was a two-part operation...to correct my hemorrhage (I had that one for about a half-year...we had a couple of delays before the surgery finally got done) and the other part was removing a cataract and replacing it with an implant.  My brother wonders if I don't spend too much time online which might contribute to my problems.  He might be right but I don't know if I care for one solution he suggested...selling my computer.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 07:12:51 AM »
He might be right but I don't know if I care for one solution he suggested...selling my computer.
That surely is the last measure to be considered? Maybe look into getting a screen that will be more pleasing for your eyes? Low radiation, good contrast, etc.?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 09:41:42 AM »
Roger, does using a computer actually cause any problems? I can't imagine how watching TV or a computer screen could cause the eye to hemorrhage. 

Rogmeister

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
I don't think it's the reading or watching TV that causes the problem...but using them while you recover can slow that process.  I'm not sure exactly why...maybe because you're scanning one word or image to the next and trying to process all that information.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »
The next time you see your doctor would you mind asking how/why TV or computer is affecting your eyes. I can not help myself, I need to know the "why" of things. Our eyes are constantly moving even when we sleep. REM sleep stands for Rapid Eye Movement sleep and is something we all do nightly. Is it the movement of your eyes or is it something to do with pixels?

I would also ask what other activities have a cause and effect on your eyes. For example, does reading have any effect on you? Are there things you can or should do to help you in your recovery or prevent this from reoccurring in the future?  Are there things you should not be doing during the recuperation process - for example bending over or heavy lifting.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 06:10:30 PM »
I doubt this is the same thing... but our eye doctor told me not to worry about Britt watching TV... even close... as he said it's a big myth that watching TV (even close) is bad for your eyes.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 05:56:52 AM »
I doubt this is the same thing... but our eye doctor told me not to worry about Britt watching TV... even close... as he said it's a big myth that watching TV (even close) is bad for your eyes.
Darn, too bad I couldn't have your doctor talk to my mum about 30 years ago :laugh:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
It doesn't matter what that doctor said - I still won't let my niece and nephew sit too close to the TV. My mother is always right, besides if I couldn't do it neither can they! :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 12:32:36 PM »
It doesn't matter what that doctor said - I still won't let my niece and nephew sit too close to the TV. My mother is always right, besides if I couldn't do it neither can they! :tease:

And that is the excuse I used with Britt when the doctor told me that (in front of Britt!).... that "if I couldn't do it... neither can you!"  :P
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 01:58:59 AM »
Well, I think my eye may be hemorhagging again.  I'm seeing "floaters" again (bits of blood) and a bit of "filmy" look to things and I can't focus on much very clearly, especially things close up like the printed page or things on a monitor screen.  I just finished watching a western (which I may try to type a review up via my ongoing westerns marathon) but that will likely be it for me as far as trying to watch anything.  So this could be the last you hear from me for maybe close to a week.  Ciao...

Critter

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 02:01:48 AM »
Sorry to hear about this Roger, an eye hemorhage must be awful! I hope you can deal with it soon and yet your eyes back to normal and watching DVD's!  :P

Rogmeister

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 02:11:29 AM »
Thanks, Critter.  It's not painful...just annoying.  The worst part is my eye docttor that I see about this stuff is in Pittsburgh (in another state) usually and he only comes to my hometown one day a week...Wednesday.  There probably won't even be anyone in his offices to take messages until Monday so I'll call then to see if they can fit me in for this Wednesday.  If not, I'll have another blurry Christmas...

Critter

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 02:16:56 AM »
Haha if Christmas over there is anything like it is here then by the end of the day there might be quite a few people having blurry Christmas', though for a different reason :P. In that case you could fit right in haha.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »
There must be something causing this to happen. Does the doc know what is causing the bleeding Roger? Do you have any lose of vision? If they don't know what is causing this, have they checked for MS?

I'm sorry that you are going through this again, it must be so annoying. I will miss your posts but the important thing is to take care of yourself and get better.

Rogmeister

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 02:32:21 AM »
Well, I have had diabetes for at least 2 years (it was actually first diagnosed in June of 2007) and that has caused all sorts of problems sos it is likely due to that.  I'm starting to wonder if I will have to ultimately quit online activitity altogether because of this.  I hope not but you never know...