Author Topic: Welcome Brittany  (Read 13495 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Welcome Brittany
« on: December 08, 2009, 09:37:53 PM »
Pete,

beware what you are writing from now on (especially about xmas presents!) you're being watched now... ;)

And you Brittany, we welcome you here in these humble halls.

:thundergod:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:57:56 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Welcome Brittney
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 09:42:35 PM »
Aw, thanks!  :-[

And I think dear old dad knows I'll be reading around here since he already have to watch me around IMs!!!! :P

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
Hey Welcome Brittney! Im sure you will enjoy it around here  :hysterical: I know I do!

What comics do you read?

I read a few hear are the titles I currently collect

Tales of TMNT
Spawn
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic Universe
Xforce
Cable
Titans
Invincible Ironman
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:46:14 PM by Emma (snowcat) »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 09:50:24 PM »
Hi Baby Girl! (14yrs old... some baby!) :P
glad to see you here! Be prepared... people here loves to read our reviews... so you need to jump right in to write some!  :thumbup:

Pete,

beware what you are writing from now on (especially about xmas presents!) you're being watched now... ;)

And you Brittney, we welcome you here in these humble halls.

:thundergod:

Yeah.... gotta watch what I say about Christmas... that is for sure.

Not for Brittany!
(click to show/hide)
Pete

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »
What comics do I read? Well, I'm a regular reader of Spectacular Spider-Girl and other associated series (note the avatar) but others I enjoy include
  • DeadPool/Cable & DeadPool (best villain type guy ever!!!)
  • Spider-Man
  • GLI/GLA (LOL to Flatman & Squirrel Girl!!  :hysterical: )
  • Fantastic Four
  • Some What if? issues (what if daredevil wasn't blind, what if Spidey's spider sense went crazy, etc.)
  • Avengers

Those are some basics in the online library on a site I go to that I really like, some are just bazaar, but don't get me started or I'll be here for hours! My username is my warning!! ::)

But it looks like fun here, so I can't wait to post around. :yahoo:

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »
Well, it's very good to see you here, Brittany!  :thumbup:

Emma, you have the Union Flag in your avatar. Where are the proper comics?  :yellowcard:

snowcat

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 10:10:48 PM »
Yeah, I read some of the older stuff to! I love Spider-man but I stopped buying it when it started to be released 3 times a month :/ more then my pocket can afford!

I love Deadpool to, hes an interesting character, however im not looking forward to his movie :p

"What if The Hulk had the Brain of Bruce Banner" was always my favourite what it... I just think its a hilarious idea  :laugh:

I'm sorry Jon :( I hate Judge Dread and 2000 Ad ;P cant get into them!

..Although the Dr Who comic published by IDW is illustrated by an artist that I know :D

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 10:14:05 PM »
Trust me, you wouldn't like where the Spider-Man archs went.  :(

The DeadPool movie I think will be pretty cool, as long as there are no dance numbers like in SM3 :thumbdown:

And glad to see some super-fans out in this site, I thought I'd be alone here, so for that I say  :thanks:

snowcat

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
LOL! Emo Spider-man dancing  :hysterical: I was laughing so much in the cinema.

I imagine Deadpool will be more like Wolverine... although I find it strange they are classing it as an X-men Origins film... considering he has been an x-man on and off never really a full member :S ... I suppose it was because of his part in the wolvie film though.

A few people have told me that Spider-man has got a bit strange... anti-venoms and such :S it all sounds confusing.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 10:22:40 PM »
A warm welcome from me too Brittnay!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:31:07 AM by Kathy »

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 10:23:55 PM »
I just felt embarrassed for him! I know he's just a character and all, but I had to watch that through my fingers!!

There was a thread on the other site I went to on openings people would love. In a minute I'd be happy to show you mine!! ;D

It's gotten way worse! :( Spider-Man changed all of reality after his Aunt May got killed. He made a devil with Mephisto (devil) so no one remembers he revealed his secret identity on national tv and his Aunt never got shot, but he also never met MJ!!! :( In comics, the 90 were the Renaissance, but now comes the Dark Ages!!!! :(

A nice to meet you too Kathy!

snowcat

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 10:25:41 PM »
That sounds like a cool idea! id like to see it!

:S Oh dear... Spider-man does sound bad... Silly Marvel! shouldn't have put him up to 3 times a month! then they had to make silly stories so they had something to write.

Najemikon

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 10:28:57 PM »
This is why I stay away from US comics. They make some strange decisions sometimes! Still, they work very much in cycles, so soon they'll kill everyone off in another Crisis or Zero Hour and start again. I still have a rare Spiderman relaunch from the the '90s where they went back to basics. I forget who did the art now, but he was credited with making Spidey popular again. Sounds like they need him again...

I remember the daft Batman story where they asked readers to vote on the next chapter to see if they wanted to kill off the current Robin and they did!  ???

I'm sorry Jon :( I hate Judge Dread and 2000 Ad ;P cant get into them!

:o

That's "Dredd"...  :slaphead: ;)

Well, if you ever get the chance, at least check-out Halo Jones. By Alan "Watchmen" Moore and it's absolutely fantastic. Nothing like Dredd, so don't be concerned...  :weep:

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
well Jon, I think it's beyond repair at this point :( but I think it'd be cool to show my version of the opening for the new DeadPool movie.

*opens at a fight scene between DP and a bunch of other guys*

Hey folks. This fight scene? Oh, we'll get to that. This is the point of the movie where I tell you you are at the DeadPool movie.......I know, doesn't make any sense to me either. But before the show really gets cookin', you folks in the isle, try to squeeze between those two fatsos in the third row. Guys stop staring at the girls, girls, start staring at me, and let's get on with the show! Wow they're hot....I mean, yeah, um.....enjoy.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »
 :laugh:
Pete