Author Topic: List Of Busiest Forums On The Net  (Read 2933 times)

Touti

Re: List Of Busiest Forums On The Net
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »
I don't like big forums either, especially when they are European because the time difference with me makes it almost impossible to take part of a discussion.  There's hardly anyone posting when I go to bed and there's thousands of new posts when I get up in the morning.

Anyway I never understood the (imo stupid) pride that some forum owners take in having thousands of registered members when they know damn well than less than a hundred visit it regularly and only a handful actively participate.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 10:38:01 PM »
I was joined a forum that a member of Epinions had started...there were a few hundred members there and it was ....intimidating.  Some people acted friendly, though never felt like I fit in there.  Then the owner up and shut it down with no warning...pissed a lot of people off.  After that, I found a few smaller forums to post it....eventually found one that I still post at now.  There might be 10 regular members there plus a few who stop by every once in a while.

Critter

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 11:27:07 PM »
I'm the same as you guys on big forums. I'm registered in about 3 or 4 large forums and I do post on them but I do it rarely. I mainly use them to read sometimes and then occasionally post. It's the smaller forums like this one where I post heaps. Feels like you can actually get to know the people rather than just be another username in a huge sea of members.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 12:40:51 AM »
the only large forum I frequent is the Home Theater Forum... but I don't post there nearly as much as I do here.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 12:46:40 AM »
I frequent a large Anime forum that has over 200,000 members. I hardly ever post there though, they are so strict and have so many rules that it's confusing. I really only use it to read through threads.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 06:06:26 AM »
I have registered in a few support forums, so that I could ask a question. After the case was solved I would never return. They may have deleted me.

Then there is stuff like PlayStation, where your login matches the login for the PSN network or like DVD Profiler where you need a login to use the software (IIRC).

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 03:49:22 AM »
Hypothetical question:

Do you think that the anime forum would have that many members if Skip was a member?

Discuss... ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »
Don't know, but that is an excellent avatar, Antares! :thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 07:11:52 AM »
The General is the first silent film to be released on Blu-ray, just these days, I think.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 07:31:10 PM »

It sucks that you can't use gif files at profiler, I would love to use it there.