Author Topic: I was working with luminous fish and I thought: "Hey, loom!"  (Read 1433 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
I was working with luminous fish and I thought: "Hey, loom!"
« on: November 15, 2009, 10:48:19 AM »
Happens to me all the time. Yesterday evening I was watching Gladiator and when Commodus tells Maximus how they nailed his son on the cross I thought "Even the Romans reserved that for special occasions" which is a quote by Lex in the second Smallville episode and I thought "Hey, you could watch a few eps of Smallville again".

Sometimes it can become quite irritating when I'm at work and we're talking while drinking a coffee and I suddenly make such a topic jump because a word caused a mind flash and I remembered something I wanted to tell. It's just like going from luminous fish to loom.

Does something like this happen to you too?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

Re: I was working with luminous fish and I thought: "Hey, loom!"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:34:07 AM »
All the time! I end up with a list of Things I Must Do in the next hour and then... I don't. :laugh:

I especially do it with music. I have to force myself to sit and listen to an album, because during one song, I might get reminded of another I haven't listened to in ages so I line it up for the next track and so on, and so on.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »
Sure. Of course, some may consider this kind of topic jumping to be a sign of ADD (?; you know, that deficit this with short attention span).

I also still have unwatched Smallville here :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 11:42:01 AM »
Hmmm, I think I have ADD with an OCD complex. So I obsess over not concentrating on one thing!  :dance:

Critter

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:42:59 AM »
This happens to me all the time, especially with TV shows I have watch heaps like Buffy or The Simpsons. The smallest thing will remind me of something that happened in an episode I've seen and I usually blurt it out. Thankfully I have some friends who are also obsessed with those shows and usually get what I mean but other times people just get blank looks  :P

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 02:21:59 PM »
I'm so glad I am not alone!

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 06:45:47 PM »
Something like this happened to me again this week. I was watching an episode of "Blood Ties" (which has Dylan Neal in one of the lead roles) and I suddenly had the urge to finally continue watching Dawson's Creek  :bag:
I had stopped watching after the third season (which I really had enjoyed when it originally aired. I did like the Joey/Pacey storyline). I have the fourth season unwatched for five years now. I didn't like to continue watching it, because I wasn't interesting to again watch a couple breaking apart, which we just watched a whole season of them finally getting together. I have watched now the first disc of the fourth season, and against expectations I was enjoying it. The five years brought me enough distance to be finally able to enjoy the continuing storyline.

snowcat

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »
I have this problem XD worst one is when someone talks to me then I drift off thinking about something they reminded me off ;P I call it my JD complex.

*Scrubs reference*

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »
I do it too. 

Sometimes when I'm reading reviews at Epinions I think how I want to watch this movie or read that book...I don't even know how many lists of that stuff I've made and now can't find.   :laugh:  I'll start on one review and then I feel like I have to start on another one immediately.  I have thought up things I want to mention in a review at times, but when I can't make myself a note..then by the time I'm working on the review, I've forgotten.  Drives me nuts.   :laugh:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 10:45:10 PM »
I have thought up things I want to mention in a review at times, but when I can't make myself a note..then by the time I'm working on the review, I've forgotten.  Drives me nuts.   :laugh:
Happens to me all the time when writing my small reviews here. I should take notes while watching a movie, but I don't want to  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 02:02:54 AM »
When I watch movies at home on DVD, sometimes I make notes.  I've never attempted it in a movie theater though I have seen someone doing that before. 
I more often will make notes on the extras from some DVDs..especially the ones that have a bunch..like the James Bond movies or the new Batman releases.