Author Topic: Restaurant Waldgeist  (Read 1496 times)

Touti

Restaurant Waldgeist
« on: November 03, 2009, 11:58:51 PM »
Please somebody...................anybody............tell me this isn't true.

Najemikon

Re: Restaurant Waldgeist
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 12:17:20 AM »
 :hysterical:

Oh it will be true! Some years ago, restaurants local to me were offering a "Hungry Man" menu. My mate tackled one once and it was awe-inspiring. The plate was huge and he picked a grill... I can't begin to describe the amount of food on that thing! The hilarious thing was that if you managed to finish it, they gave you a free pudding!

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 12:24:08 AM »
How about this one? Not so much about quantity.. although that quad-bypass?

Touti

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 12:36:32 AM »
The hilarious thing was that if you managed to finish it, they gave you a free pudding!

Like you'd have anywhere left to put it.  And I thought that Magnan Restaurant in Montreal were crazy with they 20oz roast beef.

It looks like the Waldgeist isn't a joke
http://www.derwaldgeist.de

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 09:08:06 AM »
Do not know about the Hamburgers but you will get Schnitzels in that size on most rowing club beer gardens along the river Main.

When I worked in Frankfurt we would occasionally go to one and eat a Schnitzel.

There they have a rule: If you can eat two you get the third for free.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 09:19:56 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
There they have a rule: If you can eat two you get the third for free.

I was thinking after Eric commented on my "free pudding" note, while it sounds ridiculous, I was always fascinated by the people who managed the Hungry Man challenges. They were always thin! I saw a lot of people who... [politemode]were perceived to obviously enjoy their food more than others[/politemode] fall by the wayside, barely managing half. It just proves it's metabolism as much as anything and yes, they will have their third Schnitzel and the pudding, thank you.  :laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 09:22:29 PM »
:hysterical:

Oh it will be true! Some years ago, restaurants local to me were offering a "Hungry Man" menu. My mate tackled one once and it was awe-inspiring. The plate was huge and he picked a grill... I can't begin to describe the amount of food on that thing! The hilarious thing was that if you managed to finish it, they gave you a free pudding!

Sounds much like a small fast food place near me, sells burgers that have 6 burgers, 6 pieces of bread, bacon, tomatoes etc etc it looks like a scooby doo sandwhich, it costs £10 and if you finish one (with no help) you get a free can of pop ;P

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 01:52:22 AM »
They were always thin!
My friend and familly are always surprised to see how much I can eat. I ain't the biggest guy (usually between 110 and 120 pounds), but I sure eat a lot and big portion without any weight gain thanks to my metabolism that is really fast ;D