Author Topic: Is there any plans for a CD Profiler ?  (Read 997 times)

Touti

Is there any plans for a CD Profiler ?
« on: November 01, 2009, 11:17:18 PM »
 :hysterical:

But seriously, I'm gonna start buying music on CD's again and I want to catalog my collection, I was wondering if some of you could recommend something other than Collectorz.com ?

Najemikon

Re: Is there any plans for a CD Profiler ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 12:54:38 AM »
Well, I don't know about an independent cataloguer, but what I do is encode all my CDs to FLAC, so I have lossless quality and the convenience of playing from a server, therefore my library is through my media player (Monkey or Songbird) and is pretty tight. Every disc I encode gets all the art picked up by MuvUnderCover and I use dbPowerAmp to process the FLACs and that uses CDDB amongst others to pull the data down.

Touti

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 01:01:48 AM »
I didn't convert to flac yet because my mp3 player doesn't support it.  I want CD's to take with me next summer when I go on my 4x4 adventures and I want a good cataloguer to keep track of what I own.

I know many like the Collectorz.com programs, I tried their DVD one once and I didn't like that when I enter a UPC it brings me the same DVD from multiple sources and I have to choose one. 

I suppose I could also do it with a good ol' software called Spreadsheet.

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 01:22:08 AM »
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with Access and Excel. I can't think of a decent one because most are geared toward conversion as well.

That said, I think if I play a CD in Monkey or WMP, it offers to fetch the data anyway. Maybe it can put it in a library without ripping anyway? That could be exported for editing, but you'd have a powerful set of related data...