Author Topic: Anyone up for a photo thread?  (Read 46070 times)

Critter

Re: Anyone up for a photo thread?
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »
What made you decide to stop drinking?
Did you drink allot?

No I did not drink a lot. When I did drink I hardly drank anything at all. When I was in High School though many people in my circle of friends were seriously into drinking, as well as drugs. I didn't like what it did to them most of the time so it turned me off. I had a friend who once woke up in an apartment in St Kilda and she had no recollection of how she got there, and then she was told she had done E the night before and she couldn't remember that either. The worst part is she didn't even seem to care. Things like that just turned me off ever wanting to drink, and really I never like the taste of it when I did drink so I didn't see any need to continue. My best friend is a non-drinker also so it was good to always have at least one other sober person with me at parties.

Najemikon

« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2010, 01:18:36 PM »
Sophie, are you sure you're Australian? ??? :P

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2010, 01:20:20 PM »
I've never drank alcoholic beverages either. I would take a tiny sip and always thought they tasted lousy so what's the point.

My friends loved it because I've always been the designated driver.

Drugs never interested me either. I like feeling the way I do naturally and really never wanted to alter that.

Marijuana was the only thing I ever indulged in but not in 20 years or so. Now I'm more interested in its medical uses.

Critter

« Reply #303 on: November 20, 2010, 01:21:31 PM »
Sophie, are you sure you're Australian? ??? :P

A vegetarian non-drinker who doesn't like football? Sometimes I'm not even sure myself  :P

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2010, 04:51:02 AM »
I don't really drink either.  I'll have a frozen maragrita once in a while and that's about it.

Critter

« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2010, 05:45:39 AM »
This is my fish Alpha. He's a Siamese Fighting Fish. I've only had him a month or so.

I wanted to take a second close-up photo of him but a combination of an excited fish that wouldn't stop moving, a bad camera and the reflections in the glass meant I only got a lot or red blurs.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2010, 05:48:28 AM »
Very nice, has he won many fights?  :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2010, 07:30:15 AM »
No but I do have a few sea snails in there that seem to keep disappearing.  :hmmmm:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »
No but I do have a few sea snails in there that seem to keep disappearing.  :hmmmm:
:laugh:

Makes me think of the aquarium where they added an octopus to a shark tank, thinking that nothing couldn't happen with that combination. Then the sharks started to disappear... :o

Critter

« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2010, 11:25:04 AM »
:laugh:

Makes me think of the aquarium where they added an octopus to a shark tank, thinking that nothing couldn't happen with that combination. Then the sharks started to disappear... :o

Ha! I watched that video at work just the other day with my co worker. It was incredible! That is one octopus no one should mess with.

kahless

« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »
This is my fish Alpha. He's a Siamese Fighting Fish. I've only had him a month or so.

I wanted to take a second close-up photo of him but a combination of an excited fish that wouldn't stop moving, a bad camera and the reflections in the glass meant I only got a lot or red blurs.

I like those Betta Splendens very much.  :thumbup:
I had one few years ago in my aquarium, but there was a lot of trouble with the Guppys (they are frazzling the fins). Maybe I'll give it another try. BTW: I've seen very often that people (e.g. in hotels) have a Betta Splendens in very small glasses (kind of flower vase). That is definetely cruelty to animals!  :redcard:

Critter

« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2010, 11:41:35 AM »
BTW: I've seen very often that people (e.g. in hotels) have a Betta Splendens in very small glasses (kind of flower vase). That is definetely cruelty to animals!  :redcard:

I agree, for some reason many people seem to think that Betta's can be kept in very small confinements. I also think it's cruel. In the pet shop they keep them in tiny little glass squares with hardly any room to move and they all look half dead. I made sure to get a nice big tank with plenty of places to roam and explore for my betta. He can go inside that little mountain in the middle and the little vases as well. I am thinking of trying to get some betta compatible fish for him and see how it goes.

kahless

« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »
I am thinking of trying to get some betta compatible fish for him and see how it goes.

Those fishes could be Callichthyidae, Ancistrus and gourami. But this depends on the aquarium size. Earlier or later you will like a bigger aquarium.  ;)

Critter

« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2010, 12:03:30 PM »
I am thinking of trying to get some betta compatible fish for him and see how it goes.

Those fishes could be Callichthyidae, Ancistrus and gourami. But this depends on the aquarium size. Earlier or later you will like a bigger aquarium.  ;)

That will probably happen eventually. Either that or just a few different tanks instead of one. I didn't even set out to own a fish, my friend recently moved to Singapore and gave me the fish because she knew I would look after him, and she obviously couldn't take him with her. I didn't really want a fish, but since I have had him I have come to the realisation that I actually love fish haha. Now I just want more!

snowcat

« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »
  :yahoo:

AND ITS FINALLY PAINTED!!!

decorating however is not :/ still got lots of stuff to buy and shelves to put up but...

When the rest is done ill show pics of that to :p

;) ignore my radiator needing a dramatic re-paint..... its been that way since I moved in XD
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:46:31 PM by Emma »