Author Topic: Anyone up for a photo thread?  (Read 44558 times)

Najemikon

Re: Anyone up for a photo thread?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2010, 12:21:37 AM »
That brings back memories! That looks like a smaller version of the ones I was using back in '92... :laugh:

I somehow missed Critter's pics. They're very good; you seem to capture the mood well, even the "blurry" Muse one. Overall I'm inexplicably drawn to the first Lily Allen one... :P Good to see she's still causing trouble.

Lily Allen was one of my favourite acts for the day. She really knows how to get the crowd going and shes absolutley hilarious, especially in TV interviews, she's definatly an artist that really doesn't take crap from anyone.

I'm proud to come from the same country as Lily Allen. She does have a great irreverent attitude that means she's armour plated to critics and you're right, she is so naturally witty. Should be though, considering her family. Her dad is the actor Keith Allen, who you might vaguely know as the brief doomed lodger in Shallow Grave or more recently, The Sheriff of Nottingham in the new TV Robin Hood.

And bizarrely, her step-dad is comedian Harry Enfield!

Critter

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2010, 12:36:07 AM »
That brings back memories! That looks like a smaller version of the ones I was using back in '92... :laugh:

I somehow missed Critter's pics. They're very good; you seem to capture the mood well, even the "blurry" Muse one. Overall I'm inexplicably drawn to the first Lily Allen one... :P Good to see she's still causing trouble.

Lily Allen was one of my favourite acts for the day. She really knows how to get the crowd going and shes absolutley hilarious, especially in TV interviews, she's definatly an artist that really doesn't take crap from anyone.

I'm proud to come from the same country as Lily Allen. She does have a great irreverent attitude that means she's armour plated to critics and you're right, she is so naturally witty. Should be though, considering her family. Her dad is the actor Keith Allen, who you might vaguely know as the brief doomed lodger in Shallow Grave or more recently, The Sheriff of Nottingham in the new TV Robin Hood.

And bizarrely, her step-dad is comedian Harry Enfield!

Wow I knew her father was an actor but I didn't know about her step-dad. She sure was amazing to see live and I recommend it to anyone to see one of her concerts. She had a cigarette in one hand, mic in the other and sometimes laid down on the stage and kept singing. She also managed to call the entire audience pussies (think 20 - 30,000) people becuase we were all wearing sunglasses while she was actually the one facing the sun. Very funny stuff.

Critter

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2010, 12:42:51 PM »
I have been mucking around in photoshop latley and remember that Pete had some old pics on here he said could do with a touch up. So I had a go, I personally feel I made some areas worse but I'm still just in the learning progress of this program.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2010, 01:17:46 PM »
Wow! Thanks... I think it came out right good. But damn... what a homely kid! LOL I tell you what... there was no acne cream strong enough to help that kid! LOL  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2010, 04:55:46 PM »
Excellent job, Critter! Shame about the subject... :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »
 :laugh: That is why I became the wolfman on the other site... the hair covers up all that ugly!  :laugh:
Pete

Critter

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2010, 11:40:03 PM »
No worries, I actually had fun doing it and it was useful for me to have photos to practice on. If anyone has any other old photos I would be willing to have a go.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2010, 12:17:33 AM »
Well... how do you feel about a real challenge then!  ;D

Here is an old picture I found of my mother that was in very bad shape. But I scanned it anyway to see what I could do with it.

Here is my attempt at improving it... but don't care for how it came out. especially in her face where the red finger print was.

Her hand and her left arm didn't come out well either.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2010, 01:02:06 AM »
Wow that is a tough one. I will have a go but I won't be promising anything here  ::)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2010, 02:01:17 AM »
LOL... don't worry... no expectations. I just thought you would like to play with it for the practice.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2010, 02:03:27 AM »
Ah yes it is certainly good practice, thanks for these photos. I don't have many old photos laying around the house so I have to rely on other people to find ones to practice on.

Critter

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2010, 09:48:54 AM »
Okay so I started with the original and managed to clean up some parts. The areas that I had the most trouble with were her arms and the top she was wearing, as you can probably see I didn't do a great job on those parts. The hand especially cause me a lot of grief, so much of it was covered up that I had to somewhat guess at some stages and it ended up looking like a crappy brush job. ::)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
That is cool... considering what you had to work with I think you did really good! :)
Pete

Critter

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »
Thanks Pete, that photo certainly looks like it's been through a lot.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »
WOW - I think it looks great!

Pete - do you know what that pennant is your mom is wearing? It looks quite interesting.