Author Topic: Anyone up for a photo thread?  (Read 44563 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Anyone up for a photo thread?
« Reply #405 on: December 13, 2010, 04:02:01 AM »
   4. Go to Options > Game and change Difficulty to Hard. Then go back to the Main Menu
   5. Go to Bonuses > Store > Tweaks > and buy Infinite Ammo, One-Shot Kills, and Fast Motion and Enable them. Then go back to the Main Menu
   6. Go to Options > Game again and change difficulty back to Crushing. Then go back to Main Menu
Seems the key here is, not to actually start gameplay... :hmmm: I am currently doing a playthrough "just for fun" (first hard, then crushing), as I lost my save games and want to go back to se all those special features. I wouldn't dare change difficulty if I still needed the trophy, but now I actually may try this.

I'm going for it! If I don't get the trophy then so be it. I'll just have to do it the proper way.

Critter

« Reply #406 on: December 13, 2010, 04:03:14 AM »
I've been attempting to do it the proper way and it is HARD! My God, if you get hit by even one bullet you are basically dead straight away. They really don't call it Crushing for nothing. I'm only up to chapter 4 I think and It's taking me so long.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #407 on: December 13, 2010, 04:06:55 AM »
I've been attempting to do it the proper way and it is HARD! My God, if you get hit by even one bullet you are basically dead straight away. They really don't call it Crushing for nothing. I'm only up to chapter 4 I think and It's taking me so long.

That's pretty much how I imagined it. It's Call of Duty on veteran, a couple hits and your dead.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 13, 2010, 04:15:39 AM »
It's way more than one bullet, actually. It is very quick though... Use of cover is much more required than in the other difficulty settings.

Critter

« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2010, 10:28:01 AM »
So today I got Pringle my Bearded Dragon. Here are a couple of pics. Sorry that the close up ones are bad but I had to take them through the glass, I couldn't hold him and the camera at the same time.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:54:21 AM by Critter »

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2010, 10:45:18 AM »
Very cool Sophie, just make sure you feed him  ;)

Critter

« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2010, 10:49:26 AM »
He ate some crickets before, it's funny watching him chase them around, but so far he hasn't touched his fruit. I can tell he is still very jumpy and on edge though from being in a new environment all of a sudden, and he doesn't trust me yet. In a week or two though I should see improvements on that. Also I keep calling him he, even though at this stage he could be either gender haha. I need to call him something until I find out. I think Pringle is a name that can go either way though.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 17, 2010, 02:14:14 AM »
I usually go to my niece's Mon. trough Fri. for an hour or so to play with the dogs and feed her 2 dragons. They love their crickets but as they grew older they started to really enjoy fruit and veggies.

It's so funny because, if you don't know it, they are quite animated. My niece usually has lettuce, carrots, beans and apples at her house for them. But, when I come over I always bring a bunch of different things - berries, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, bananas etc. in addition to her stuff.

So, when I come over, they get pretty excited to see me. Racheal, my niece, didn't believe me so I showed her. I hid in the kitchen while she went in the living room with the bowl of food and they didn't do anything.

Then, she came back in the kitchen and I went in. Well, they did their usual dance. They ran down the tree stumps, leaped up on the glass and started to scratch it trying to get to me! They were leaping in joy at the mere site of me...well at the site of what I brought them!

They get excited for both of us if we bring crickets, but fruit and veggies...they only dance for joy with me! :P

Critter

« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2010, 02:22:42 AM »
That's cute. Pringle ate some apple last night, and today along with his crickets he is also eating some broccoli. I know they are all different so I'm trying a few different things to see what he likes. He is also becoming more content with just sitting in my hand now, he closes his eyes if I stroke his back, it's really cute. He is still so small, he can fit just in the palm of my hand. He was really funny last night as well, almost the second I turned his UV ray light off he fell asleep, it was just like "That's it, lights off sleep time now". And he actually sort of curled up and half buried himself in the wood chip substrate and slept like that. He made a little bed out of it.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2010, 02:39:00 AM »
Sophie - I forgot to mention - if you want, you don't need to use wood chips to line the cage. We found that a thin layer of newspapers works wonders. The dragons seem to prefer it and it is much easier to clean.

Critter

« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2010, 02:48:50 AM »
Yeah I have read that particle substrates aren't as good, as the Dragons can sometimes swallow them while trying to eat. It was all they had in the store though, either that or sand which I heard was even worse. At the moment I have laid down paper towel across half of the tank, and I put his food on that. Although eventually I would like to get rid of the woodchips altogether and just use something like a non adhesive shelf-liner. I probably won't have time to do that until after Christmas though.

snowcat

« Reply #416 on: December 18, 2010, 04:12:39 PM »

So its snowing here... and well... everything has pretty much stopped transport wise. I spoke to the postman today who told me that tomorrow there are two rounds, which is strange because there are usually none... I dread to think what the back log is like.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #417 on: December 19, 2010, 01:12:56 AM »
These are great, I got this as a birthday present a few years back, they are simply known as 3D Posters.

Critter

« Reply #418 on: December 19, 2010, 01:20:24 AM »
That poster is trippy!!

You actually have that? If I put that thing up in my room I would never sleep again.  :laugh:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #419 on: December 19, 2010, 01:23:53 AM »
Yep, it's to the left of my PC tower and I love it. Also in my study I have a 23 year old poster of A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors.