Author Topic: New Monitor  (Read 1083 times)

ninehours

New Monitor
« on: November 30, 2007, 08:55:16 AM »
I've just bought myself a early Xmas present a Dell E248wfp TFT Monitor 24" 5ms 1000:1 Widescreen Monitor, I had a 19" Widescreen monitor before and was not expecting it to be that much bigger........But it's GIGANTIC  :o i can't believe how much extra space i have am typing this and have only just reached the other side of the screen  ;)  if anyone is in two minds about upgrading there monitor just do it  :thumbup:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: New Monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 09:16:57 AM »
I have a 22" 16:10 TFT myself and I really like it. It has the same height as my 19" 4:3 TFT but the extra space is phenomenal.

The 22" is my DVD screen in the bedroom. When I am posting in forums the DVD window uses the upper right quarter of the screen while the browser window is on the left side. When I am watching from the bed, the DVD window is fullscreened.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Monitor
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 10:12:13 PM »
Congrats!

i can't believe how much extra space i have am typing this and have only just reached the other side of the screen  ;)
That's weird, sometimes... I had to get used to it myself. It's a little bad to read some sites this way though, as the human brain can handle lines of approx. 80 characters best (read that somewhere; that's also somehow an e-mail standard).