Author Topic: The Book of Eli  (Read 1421 times)

Boomstick98

The Book of Eli
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:11:25 AM »
I just saw the trailer for this online for the first time. It looks like a post apocalyptic action film. Kind of reminds me of the latest Fallout game.  ;D It stars Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman. I am pretty excited to see Washington and Oldman go head to head.  :thumbup:

Any thoughts?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: The Book of Eli
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 05:47:58 AM »
I saw the trailer when I went to see Surrogates.  Not sure if I want to see the movie or not yet.  Maybe.

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »
It looked pretty cool when I saw the trailer on the net, I think i may go an see it when it comes out, depends what else is out at the time.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:55:26 AM »
So it's similar to The Road as well...? From what I have heard The Road is similar to Fallout (3) as well. (Great game, by the way. I recently sold it and am now waiting for my copy of the Game of the Year Edition.)

Weird how sometimes films come out in pairs (Full Metal Jacket vs. Platoon; Armageddon vs. Deep Impact; etc.).

Boomstick98

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 06:25:28 PM »
So it's similar to The Road as well...? From what I have heard The Road is similar to Fallout (3) as well. (Great game, by the way. I recently sold it and am now waiting for my copy of the Game of the Year Edition.)

Weird how sometimes films come out in pairs (Full Metal Jacket vs. Platoon; Armageddon vs. Deep Impact; etc.).

Your right it doesn't seem to take long before a copycat appears. As of right now I am looking forward to both "The Road" and "The Book of Eli". Both have great actors and look really good.

Didn't that just happen with Paul Blart and Observe and Report?  ;D

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
iven the time it takes to create a movie it's often more freak coincidence rather than copying the other one. E.g.: I would not suspect neither Kubrick nor Stone to making a copycat film of the other...

Paul Blart the Mall Cop? And there is a film with similar theme to that? :laugh:

Boomstick98

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 09:17:08 PM »
Yeah, there is a movie called Observe and Report that stars Seth Rogan. Its a comedy about a mall security guard too.  :laugh:

I did read somewhere that Observe and Report was actually made first and got shelved for some reason. :-\

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:22:17 PM by Boomstick98 »