Author Topic: phpDVDProfiler & rSync  (Read 5269 times)

Touti

Re: phpDVDProfiler & rSync
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 10:50:28 PM »
:dance:

That was so easy.  All I had to do was to copy a shortcut to my batch file in the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs" folder in the VM.  Within a few seconds it was added in my Windows 7 start menu.

I'm happy now   :thundergod:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 11:02:34 PM »
Congratulations!  :cheers:

RossRoy

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 11:14:01 PM »
Nice!  :thumbup:

Hey I have a quick question... say I want to get Windows 7, if I want XP mode in it, do I absolutely have to get at least the Professional version? Or can I get it with Home Premium also? Because other than XP mode, there's nothing in Professional that I need that is not in Home Premium...

Touti

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 11:25:59 PM »
Nice!  :thumbup:

Hey I have a quick question... say I want to get Windows 7, if I want XP mode in it, do I absolutely have to get at least the Professional version? Or can I get it with Home Premium also? Because other than XP mode, there's nothing in Professional that I need that is not in Home Premium...

Unfortunately you need either Professional or Ultimate.  I don't think Microsoft intented XPM for the home users, I think their goal with this is to allow companies to move to Windows 7 while still retaining 100% backward compatibility with applications they use and might not be willing/ready to upgrade or changed.

That said, if you install Windows 7 Home you can still run a virtual XP with Microsoft Virtual PC.  You're just not gonna have it nicely integrated and be able to run XPM applications side by side with Windows 7 applications in the same desktop.

RossRoy

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 11:34:28 PM »
That said, if you install Windows 7 Home you can still run a virtual XP with Microsoft Virtual PC.  You're just not gonna have it nicely integrated and be able to run XPM applications side by side with Windows 7 applications in the same desktop.

Well I already do a lot of Virtualization, though I use Sun's VirtualBox, but I like the integration between Win7 and XP Mode. But it's not worth 100$.

Touti

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 11:42:38 PM »
I understand your point.  I get all my OS's for free through my employer's MSDN subscription.  If I had to pay for my operating systems I'd still be on Win 95b :)

RossRoy

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 11:48:21 PM »
I understand your point.  I get all my OS's for free through my employer's MSDN subscription.  If I had to pay for my operating systems I'd still be on Win 95b :)

I'm starting to think I should probably jump to Ubuntu, and use VirtualBox with virtualized XP for the few Windows apps I still actively use. I don't even do much gaming on the PC anymore.

Touti

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 11:53:03 PM »
I tried Ubuntu before moving to Windows 7 and I liked it.  The only reason I didn't keep it is because the driver for my "old" nVidia graphics card was a bit shaky and I didn't want to put any more money on the machine.

I have an NVidia GeForce 7600GS.  Sometimes when booting my Ubuntu it would switch to a 640x480 or 800x600 and when I tried to change it back to a higher resolution it wouldn't give me anything better in the available choices.  Then I tried the NVidia driver instead of the one that came with Ubuntu and things got worse.

I also very much like windows media center and I couldn't find anything similar for Ubuntu.