Author Topic: DVD Profiler 3.6.0 Beta is available  (Read 19896 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Profiler 3.6.0 Beta is available
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2010, 03:56:42 AM »
While we're on this subject, have any of you seen LMGTFY.com? It's a very clever website. Basically it very quickly helps you create a link you can send to someone who asked for tech support and it demonstrates to them how they should resolve their problem. Works every time.
Used it on a colleague once. Saw it used in a forum several times (Invelos...?). Hilarious idea!

MEJHarrison

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2010, 05:57:33 PM »
This beta seems like all the previous ones.  Ken really impresses me, gets 98% there, then just seems to call it quits.  I've got two outstanding issues with my plug-in, but his responsiveness in the plug-in forum died a couple weeks back.  If only he'd just go that extra 2%.  I'm still hoping he'll do something about my issues, but past experience has told me that he's ready to be done and move on. :voodoo:

Of course that just puts us closer to the iPhone version I guess! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Najemikon

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »
Please let him do an Android version too!

MEJHarrison

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2010, 07:23:24 PM »
Wow, I no sooner complain about Ken's lack of attention in the plug-in forum and he finally replies to my questions! ;D So that's great news.

But I still feel when he reaches the end of a beta cycle that it always feels like he's in a big rush to be done with it.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
Please let him do an Android version too!
Try to make a request on the DVDP forum :laugh:

lyonsden5

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »
The new, non-beta versions just went live.  :thumbup:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2010, 07:46:39 AM »
Does it create a lot of conflict with PHPDVDP? Am I better to wait that Fred update PHPDVDP before installing it? I don't really want to make my online collection useless because of it...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2010, 08:40:52 AM »
Does it create a lot of conflict with PHPDVDP? Am I better to wait that Fred update PHPDVDP before installing it? I don't really want to make my online collection useless because of it...

I'd wait.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2010, 08:45:36 AM »
Thanks this is what I tought with the new addition. I'll download it and wait before installing it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2010, 11:21:03 AM »
I installed the second or third to last beta and only then realized that now my phpDVDProfiler will be unusable for a while :bag: Fred, I understood, is even rather busy with real life, hence the new version may take a while. :weep:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2010, 12:12:39 PM »
That's why I never do the beta test, it seems to had some fun new stuff in this release like the custom collection and the trailer thingy (even if I find completly stupid that it depend on YouTube and not our hard disc, of couse my internet speed connection is what make it useless1). But my online collection relied a lot more on PHPDVDP than the one on invelos since 60% of my stuff aren't in the database, so it's really important for me to not take chances with the new released and wait. Of course, I hope it won't be too long of a wait...

1. Without forgetting that YouTube doesn't allow nudity wich is the reason why I deleted my account. Considering the kind of movie I own it sounds even more like a bad idea to me (I'm sure I ain't the only one, but I decided to stop loosing my time with this useless fight on the DVDP forum a long time ago ::))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:20:18 PM by Jimmy »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »
To the rescue here I come:

Transform your 3.6.0 XML format back to the 3.5.1 format: http://doena-soft.de/dvdprofiler/3.6.0/Convert360XMLTo351XML.zip
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »
I had to bugfix it. I wrote the output file in the wrong encoding (UTF-8 instead of Windows-1252). Please re-download.
Karsten

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »
Transform your 3.6.0 XML format back to the 3.5.1 format: http://doena-soft.de/dvdprofiler/3.6.0/Convert360XMLTo351XML.zip

If your XSDs are correct, the new XML output doesn't seem to record overlapping collection types and their properties.

I also noticed that there is already a hotfix (Repair Tool) that doesn't seem to be part of the official download yet. I guess, I will still wait a few days before upgrading to 3.6.
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2010, 05:06:50 PM »
If your XSDs are correct, the new XML output doesn't seem to record overlapping collection types and their properties.

Yup, it does not. I requested it in the beta phase but he didn't implement it.
Karsten