Author Topic: Millenium (Books).  (Read 1562 times)

Touti

Millenium (Books).
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:10 AM »
I know it's a DVD forum but I'd like to know if others have read Millenium and what they tought of it.  I'm in the middle of the 2nd one so please no spoilers.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Millenium (Books).
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:55 AM »
I haven't read that one.

richierich

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 01:40:47 AM »
I know it's a DVD forum but I'd like to know if others have read Millenium and what they tought of it.  I'm in the middle of the 2nd one so please no spoilers.

you got a link to this set eric?

Touti

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 02:15:11 AM »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 03:13:55 AM »
I haven't read any of his works but the series sounds great. Let me know what you think of it.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 03:18:49 AM »
That does sound interesting

Touti

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 03:28:19 AM »
I finished the 1st book last week and I'm in the middle of the 2nd one now.  It's very good, I think I couldn't have picked a better series for going back to reading.

I strongly recommend them.

richierich

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 02:25:46 PM »
yep im sold on them.

will purchase the set for my xmas reading - thanx fort he heads up  :thumbup:

Touti

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 03:48:12 PM »
yep im sold on them.

will purchase the set for my xmas reading - thanx fort he heads up  :thumbup:

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.......and I think you will.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 03:53:24 PM »

Never heard of them. What are they about?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 04:31:51 PM »
It's hard to tell what they're about without giving away too much info but I'll do my best.  Oh BTW, it's important to know that these were written in Swedish and then translated so if you're really not into translations then they may not be for you.

Mikael Blomkvist is a reporter and co-owner of a magazine called "Millenium".  They specialize in finding and exposing financial frauds.   Some circumstances and a set of events led him to meet Lisbeth Salander.  She's the most interesting character of the books.  Following some problems as a teenager and events that are not yet explained after one and half book, she's been put under guardianship by the government.  I don't know if guardianship is the right word, in french we say "Tutelle" but it's this thing where the government considers that you can't take care of yourself entirely so they appoint someone who controls your money and all.

Lisbeth is almost anorexic, she's got tattoos and piercing everywhere, she totally refuses to answer any question about herself, in short she's a complete antisocial...................but she's also a genius hacker and she's got a photographic memory.

In the first book they meet under certain circumstances as I already mentioned and they end up working together on an investigation for a very rich man who wants to know who killed his niece 30 years earlier.

In the 2nd book, Salander and Blomkvist are no longer seeing or talking to each other but somehow, and for different reasons, they end up working on the same case.  "Millenium" is working on a special release of the magazine and a book about russian prostitutes that are brought to Sweden by organized  crime.  Lisbeth Salander also investigates this but for a completely different (and personal) reason.