Author Topic: Decorating  (Read 1519 times)

snowcat

Decorating
« on: November 13, 2010, 07:16:54 PM »
:/ So im currently in the process of painting my bedroom red.... I hate decorating.... so, I bought my paint... which is ridiculously expensive! and now it needs another coat  >:( so thats like £50 on paint!

now I have to buy new curtains, bed sheets, a tv bracket and make new shelves.... :/ why is it so expensive to decorate!

...Oh... and time consuming :/

...Anyone else hate decorating?

Rogmeister

Re: Decorating
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 07:28:41 PM »
Hmmm...I thought this thread was going to be about Christmas decorating!  :laugh:

I rent an apartment...so I'm not allowed to do anything like that anyway...

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »
Painted my house on the outside last year.
Next year I'll have to do the inside again. I'm really looking forward to furniture shifting ... NOT

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 07:46:42 PM »
I don't mind - I'm usually the person my friend's call when they need help.

I wish you had freecycle by you. I recently picked up around 75 gallons of high quality paint from a store that was going out of business after over a hundred years.

They had hundreds of rolls of wall paper but when I first bought my house I spent hundreds of hours removing over a half inch build up of who knows how many decades of wall paper. I swore I never wanted to see the stuff the rest of my life!

You should try and start something like that in your area. Its environmentally friendly and saves money too.

snowcat

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »
Yeah Freecycle always sounds like a great idea!

...I hate wall paper to! ... im painting the walls, haha.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 10:06:28 PM »
Redecorating does take time...and money unfortunately.

I've helped my mom and step dad do a lot...my mom did use wallpaper in some rooms.  I like what she has.  I've also helped remove it and know that is a pain in the ass.
I was still in high school when they got married and it wasn't long after that before step dad started doing stuff around the house.  Redid the bathroom - the only one at the time.  He eventually build on a master bedroom for them and bathroom.  He built on to the back of the house and made a family room and moved the utility room...he built my mom a sewing room.  He's also replaced all the floors and the support beams.  He's done a lot.  I usually helped with moving stuff..then with painting later or hanging wallpaper when we did that. 
I even helped my step dad a bit when he put the new cabinets in the kitchen.  That was not easy.

Critter

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »
When I painted my room a couple of years back we just hired a professional to do it. He brought his dog with him, she was adorable!

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 06:05:12 AM »
I hate it. Period.

I would be perfectly happy not caring at all what anything looks like so long as I have the pieces of furniture and bare essentials that I want.

Basic cream-white paint everywhere, no pictures, no useless nicknacks covering furniture or taking of floor space, and no extra furniture to hold the nicknacks that I don't want in the first place much less it sitting on the furniture that I want.  Apparently, though, other people don't like that. Maybe that's why i don't get visitors :whistle:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Critter

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 08:44:26 AM »
I hate it. Period.

I would be perfectly happy not caring at all what anything looks like so long as I have the pieces of furniture and bare essentials that I want.

Basic cream-white paint everywhere, no pictures, no useless nicknacks covering furniture or taking of floor space, and no extra furniture to hold the nicknacks that I don't want in the first place much less it sitting on the furniture that I want.  Apparently, though, other people don't like that. Maybe that's why i don't get visitors :whistle:

That would certainly not be my style. I've always been slightly turned off by those simplistic style of houses when I go to them I get this creepy feeling the whole time as if I'm in a place where no one actually lives. Because of that I seem to overcompensate and my room is pretty much clutter central. My shelves are full of little statues and knick knacks I have collected over the years and almost every single space of wall is covered with a poster or something. Of course many people are turned off by that overly cluttered appearance as well.

snowcat

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 08:52:07 AM »
...I think hiring a professional is a little bit out of my budget... renting and decorating myself at the same time is hard enough.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 08:58:29 AM »
I'm not into decorating. Give me four white walls and I'm perfectly happy. I have a few "knick knack" items but you can count them on one hand. I don't get why people would fill their shelves with this rather useless stuff, I'm probably too rational for it.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

kahless

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »
I don't get why people would fill their shelves with this rather useless stuff, I'm probably too rational for it.

Me too, but my wife and my daughter have a completly other point of view! They say a home looks uninhabitated without this stuff.   ;D

snowcat

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 09:31:33 AM »
To be honest my shelves are filled with DVDs, Books, Games and a couple of movie items such as Jurassic Park figures and a couple of other film figures...

I would paint my room white... but it makes me feel like im in a hospital... so im going for some colour, I chose red because its my favourite colour... but, all of the basic paints are the same price.... so that doesn't really effect it.

Critter

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »
I don't get why people would fill their shelves with this rather useless stuff, I'm probably too rational for it.

Me too, but my wife and my daughter have a completly other point of view! They say a home looks uninhabitated without this stuff.   ;D

I like thier thinking!  :P