Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 1767 times)

Boomstick98

Battlestar Galactica
« on: September 22, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »
I'm a little confused. I got started watching Battlestar Galactica within the last year and was wondering is season 4.5 the last of the series? I keep seeing these other DVDs coming out. Battlestar Galactica: Caprica and Battlestar Galactica: The Plan. Are these just made for TV movies that go along with the series or are they an additional miniseries? Are either of these included in the season 4.5 set? I was bitten once already by the Battlestar Galactica: Razor DVD. I bought it not realizing it was going to be part of the Season 4.0 set. :thumbdown:

Also, I have seasons 1.0 - 4.0 on DVD. Does anyone have 4.5 on Blu Ray? I was thinking of getting 4.5 on on DVD just so it matched the rest of my season sets, but if the picture quality is a big improvement I might get the blu ray version.

RossRoy

Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 06:37:57 PM »
Season 4.5 is the last season of Battlestar Galactica, and completes the story.

Caprica is a new series that takes places before the events of Battlestar Galactica. The currently available DVD is the Pilot episode so to speak. It'll probably be included in the first season set of Caprica (like they did with the miniseries for BSG)

As for BSG: The Plan, it is a sort of retelling of BSG, but from the Cylon's point of view. They keep alluding to the fact the Cylons have a plan at the beginning of each episode. The Plan is supposed to expose that plan.

None of them are included with Season 4.5. I got burned on Razor too BTW.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 06:45:49 PM »
The release policy of BSG is somewhat confusing in all countries I know of: US, UK, Australia & Germany had all a mix of half season boxes and full season boxes labelling them x.0 x.1 and x.5 at random.

As far as I know there isn't a full season box for season 4 - yet. So far there's only a 4.0 and a 4.5, each containing 10 episodes of the final (fourth) season of BSG.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Boomstick98

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:46:08 PM »
Season 4.5 is the last season of Battlestar Galactica, and completes the story.

Caprica is a new series that takes places before the events of Battlestar Galactica. The currently available DVD is the Pilot episode so to speak. It'll probably be included in the first season set of Caprica (like they did with the miniseries for BSG)

As for BSG: The Plan, it is a sort of retelling of BSG, but from the Cylon's point of view. They keep alluding to the fact the Cylons have a plan at the beginning of each episode. The Plan is supposed to expose that plan.

None of them are included with Season 4.5. I got burned on Razor too BTW.

Thanks, this cleared things up quiet a bit. I discovered BG late in the game, so I was a little lost.  :thanks:

Boomstick98

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 08:20:53 PM »
I've decided to get season 4.5 on DVD so that it matches the others I have. ;D (The lower price had nothing to do with it....... :P)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 09:52:30 PM »
I still haven't seen any of this show.  I need to rent it sometime or something.