Author Topic: The West Wing  (Read 775 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
The West Wing
« on: September 12, 2009, 10:22:52 PM »
Has anyone ever seen this TV series? They have the first two seasons of it at Big Lots for $6 apiece and wonder if I should pick them up.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: The West Wing
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »
Has anyone ever seen this TV series? They have the first two seasons of it at Big Lots for $6 apiece and wonder if I should pick them up.

Can't recommend it highly enough. A very intelligent and brillantly written network series that takes a serious (albeit idealistic) look at high-level politics in the U.S. The serious matter is well balanced with a sharp and clever humor.

The series was created by Aaron Sorkin (Sports Night, Studio 60). He left the show after the 4th season. I only have seen the "Sorkin years", but the general opinion is that the quality of the show dropped after that, although not to the levels of embarassement provided by, let's say, "Commander in Chief".

BTW, I can't believe they throw it away at $6 a season. I paid about 40 EUR for each, which at the current exchange rate equals $60 a season.

:suicide:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 12:35:07 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:51:55 AM »
I couldn't believe they were so cheap either - I almost bought them as a blind buy. I'll run out in the morning and pick them up. Thank you!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:32:45 AM »
It is a show I never watched before. When I went to Big Lots I saw them there... and was going to try it out myself to see if I liked the series. But all they had here was season 2... and I didn't want to get that without getting season 1 to watch first (I have to watch them in order the first time!) So I ended up getting a couple sitcoms instead.
Pete