Author Topic: Today I'm buying myself a treat.  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm buying myself a treat.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »
As someone far more knowledgable than I said - Exercise is King, Nutrition is Queen and together they make a Kingdom.

Another truism - Eat like a King at breakfast, a Prince at lunch and a Pauper at dinner. Research has shown that following this regime the average person weighed between 10 to 15 pounds less at the end of the year. There was no change in their normal caloric intake or exercise, just the time of day the calories were consumed.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »
I wasn't advised to do anything about my health by medical advice, something in me just clicked and decided that it was time to get off my expanding behind, so I joined a gym....
If anyone wants any tips from a none qualified gymaddict and I will do my best to give you safe and sound help.

Did you go to the gym when you were alive?
I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank Sloe Gin and smoked Lucky Strikes.
(Daisy Adair in Dead Like Me. SCNR)
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 08:08:42 AM »
Did you go to the gym when you were alive?
I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank Sloe Gin and smoked Lucky Strikes.
(Daisy Adair in Dead Like Me. SCNR)
I agree with this and also always liked this one:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming: 'WOW! What a Ride'!!!"
[not sure where it's from, I saw it in someone's signature at Invelos]

Of course, a little gym and some exercise (I still have to push myself a little more; I started but am not doing enough) serves the purpose to have a longer life and enjoy Sloe Gin and Lucky Strikes even longer :D

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »
Of course, a little gym and some exercise (I still have to push myself a little more; I started but am not doing enough) serves the purpose to have a longer life and enjoy Sloe Gin and Lucky Strikes even longer :D

Many years ago, I worked at an East German institute doing sports training analysis. So if someone dares to bother me with this gym stuff, I certainly have some really good horror stories to serve as an excuse.  :whistle:
Matthias