Author Topic: New shows on ABC on September.  (Read 1656 times)

Touti

New shows on ABC on September.
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:50:23 PM »
I'm looking forward to those 2 new shows, especially "V".  Anyone one else plans on watching them ?

Flash Forward - Premieres Sept. 24th
A mysterious global event causes everyone to black out simultaneously for two minutes and seventeen seconds, and each person sees a glimpse of their lives six months from now. When they wake up, everyone is left wondering if what they saw will actually happen.

V - Premieres Nov. 3rd

Today, the world woke up to find spaceships over every major city. The Visitors claim to have come in peace, bringing gifts of medical miracles and technological breakthroughs. They promise to do no harm. They're lying.

Most people believe the aliens have arrived just when we needed them most. We're eager to embrace their generous offers of help, but while tracking a terrorist cell, Homeland Security agent Erica Evans stumbles upon something far more sinister. Erica discovers that the aliens have plans to infiltrate our governments and businesses, planting seeds for their plot to control mankind. Convincing anyone of the truth will be impossible because the Visitors have two powerful weapons. First, they've given the people faith with their reassuring presence and gifts. Second, they've rallied our youth. Thousands of teens, including Erica's son, have been recruited as 'Peace Ambassadors' but they're actually serving as unwitting spies. When Erica gets thrust into the resistance movement, she'll have to balance her covert activities with her job and her role as a mother, fighting to protect her son Tyler - even as he joins forces with the enemy.

From executive producer Scott Peters, Emmy-nominated creator of The 4400, comes a bold re-imagining of the sci-fi classic. Let the invasion begin.

The series is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. Scott Peters is executive producer/writer and Steve Pearlman and Jace Hall are executive producers.

RossRoy

Re: New shows on ABC on September.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:51:42 AM »
I definitely plan on watching "V", but I'll be waiting for the DVD.

lyonsden5

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 02:46:28 AM »
Both sound interesting. I'll give them both a shot I'm sure.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
The Flash Forward seems like a cool concept if pulled off right. It has David S. Goyer as a director (whois morefamous for his writing though) and a bunch of semi-famous actors (John Cho, Jack Davenport, Joseph Fiennes). If this thurns out to be good (from reviews, I doubt it will show here) I might want to get the DVD.

I am not entirely interested in "V". :bag:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 08:37:13 AM »
I definitely want to watch V.  The other show sounds interesting too.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 10:50:41 AM »
I plan on watching both V and FF.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 03:00:03 PM »
I really don't enjoy watching TV series on TV. The commercial breaks take me right out of the story. I must be a bit (a lot!) obsessive because, even with books, once I start it I like to finish it without interruptions. I'll keep reading your postings and then decide if I want to buy it on DVD.

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 03:33:16 PM »
I really don't enjoy watching TV series on TV. The commercial breaks take me right out of the story.

I'm with you on that. Even the waiting a week between episode, and that's not counting season break and what not, I find way too long. I'd much rather wait a year reading reviews and ratings and then watch on DVD than suffer through the TV presentation.

richierich

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 03:49:40 PM »
I really don't enjoy watching TV series on TV. The commercial breaks take me right out of the story.

I'm with you on that. Even the waiting a week between episode, and that's not counting season break and what not, I find way too long. I'd much rather wait a year reading reviews and ratings and then watch on DVD than suffer through the TV presentation.

Thirded here  :hmmmm:
Can't stand watching any serial on television anymore, the inane brainless adverts destroy any faith left in humanity  :suicide:

PS - will no doubt get both series when available on dvd

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 04:32:08 PM »
That's on of the reasons I don't watch real TV anymore. But these generous distributors on the data highway have already taken care of that particular problem. ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 08:44:08 PM »
I just hope ABC will give both series a chance to take off before starting messing around with it and trying it in a different day and time slot every other week.  Although not the greatest of all, "Men in trees" was a nice and funny little show that could have slowly grown a faithful audience if they haven't messed so much with it.

ABC is far from being as bad as FOX but they're not the most patient people either, if they don't like the ratings after 3 or 4 weeks they may decide to play around.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
All the commercial breaks annoy me as well..especially with how stupid many of the commercials are now.I also get annoyed when any network won't give a new show time to establish an audience.  A few weeks is nothing..some shows that ultimately had huge ratings took a few years to build up to that.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 01:34:14 PM »
I just hope ABC will give both series a chance to take off before starting messing around with it and trying it in a different day and time slot every other week.  Although not the greatest of all, "Men in trees" was a nice and funny little show that could have slowly grown a faithful audience if they haven't messed so much with it.

I suffered through the second season, but I found it all just too twee and nice.