Author Topic: I Had To Put Down One Of My Cats Today  (Read 1058 times)

Rogmeister

I Had To Put Down One Of My Cats Today
« on: August 18, 2009, 06:00:50 AM »
One of my cats Shadow contracted cancer earlier this summer (I first found out about it around a month ago) and it did its deadly work fast.  He had lost nearly half his weight (which was a lot considering he weighed at most just under 13 pounds) and during the weekend he lost the ability to stand or walk.  By the time the vet's offices opened this morning (why can't they be open on weekends?) he was nearly gone and was barely breathing by the time I got him there.  There was nothing else that could be gone so I had to let him go.  Shadow was a silver and black Maine Coon (long-haired cat).  This leaves me with just one cat, Cindy, the black & white seen with me in my profle photo.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I Had To Put Down One Of My Cats Today
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 06:19:54 AM »
Sorry to ear about the loos, Roger. I am sure it's better for him where he is now.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about Shadow. I'm lucky to have an emergency vet that never closes. It must have been terrible to have to watch him be so sick.

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »
Sorry to hear that Roger.

It's actually incredible how fast you get attached to the little critters, and losing one a certainly a tough, emotional time.

We have not had a cat in quite a long time (last one drowned in the pool during spring after the ice gave under his feet, and the previous one got beaten to a pulp by a raccoon), but we got a new one a few weeks ago. She's a cute little mixed-race, 3 months old.

Yesterday evening, she almost gave me a heart attack!

We close our bedroom doors to prevent the cat from joining us in our sleep because she's so small and we don't want to squish her while sleeping. But I can't sleep if my room door is closed, so I have to make sure she's upstairs, and then close the door to the basement. But I couldn't find her yesterday! I didn't dare close the door, in case she was sleeping somewhere in the basement. I even went as far as stopping the dryer to make sure I hadn't locked her in there!

I have no idea where she spent the night, but this morning, she was with me, bright and early, just as playful as ever!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 04:07:07 PM »
Sorry about Shadow Roger!  :weep:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »
Thanks, everybody.  I appreciate all the kind words.  :thanks: