Author Topic: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter  (Read 20064 times)

Sanuye

Re: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »
I like to share pics and vids with my friends.
And I share everything I like, so in my links there's a lot of what I find funny or moving and when I want to see something again, I just go on facebook :D

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2010, 03:19:56 AM »
As for privacy settings, I've put everything at "friends only".. that was one of my main gripe about Facebook.. How just because someone was a friend of a friend that they could see everything!
Even worse is, that the "programs" can see everything as well (hence the warning not to install them). Companies can easily farm this to get information on a load of people this way... There is one or two settings that are not to be set to "friends only" but something else to be effective.

I mostly say "regret" as I way of saying: "what the heck am I gonna do with that?" it's not like my life is all that interesting and if anybody wants to know what I'm doing - just ask!
Like Jon, I mainly "use" it on my phone. I just read what others wrote and occasionally comment on that. I myself very rarely do postings myself. BTW, you'll also quickly want to make sure to remove all those posts from all the games to clean up the feed. Besides friends, I also follow a few news outlets or similar.

Bejewelled 2 had run its course with me, until Blitz came along. The speedy gameplay really makes it feel fresh.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2010, 04:41:32 AM »
I have been wasting entirely too much time with Bejeweled Blitz lately.

RossRoy

« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2010, 04:45:40 AM »
Like Jon, I mainly "use" it on my phone. I just read what others wrote and occasionally comment on that. I myself very rarely do postings myself. BTW, you'll also quickly want to make sure to remove all those posts from all the games to clean up the feed. Besides friends, I also follow a few news outlets or similar.
Yeah I saw that. My home page was getting completely spammed by "This guy unlocks that trinket in this game" Finally found how to hide them!

Bejewelled 2 had run its course with me, until Blitz came along. The speedy gameplay really makes it feel fresh.
Like I saidd, match-3 puzzles aren't my thing. i tried Blitz but got bored after 4 or 5 "bouts"

Critter

« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2010, 05:08:28 AM »
I used to play Farmville  :bag:.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2010, 06:01:52 AM »
Admitting you have a problem is always the first step towards recovery. :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2010, 12:47:57 PM »

I just got my biggest score ever at 452000+  :thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »

:o

Wow, I couldn't imagine it would go that high. Did you use any of those new stylish upgrades?

Najemikon

« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2010, 03:21:17 PM »
You mean the "boosts"? Yeah, you have to get anywhere decent. You earn coins to buy the boosts and they've started a daily spin thing to win more. You can also buy coins to use, but what saddo would spend money like that?  :shrug:

They did give you 30 Facebook credits or whatever to spend on the coins and I wish I realised something quicker. I use Firefox and a No Script plug in and when I spent the coins, it couldn't register that I'd spent them until I turned off No Script. Thing is it gave me my Bejewelled coins twice! I think if I'd kept repeating the attempt I could have got about a million.  :devil:

Actually I just found a YouTube video of a guy scoring 647,000 without boosts. Just sheer speed, the bloody maniac!  :o There are also tips on "legal cheats". One is, if you can't get to the top spot because friends score higher than you, remove them from your profile...  ::)

Critter

« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2010, 03:24:32 PM »
Admitting you have a problem is always the first step towards recovery. :laugh:

And then I played Frontierville

:bag: :bag:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2010, 09:30:05 PM »

Wow.  I've never gotten anywhere near that high.  Usually when I try the  boosts things, I screw up and do worse. :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2010, 03:08:38 AM »
You mean the "boosts"? Yeah, you have to get anywhere decent. You earn coins to buy the boosts and they've started a daily spin thing to win more. You can also buy coins to use, but what saddo would spend money like that?  :shrug:
I haven't really tried the boosts yet. Probably during my vacation.

There certainly is people who will buy them for real cash too. Just like Farmville items or horse armor. Now that's the people with no life.

Actually I just found a YouTube video of a guy scoring 647,000 without boosts. Just sheer speed, the bloody maniac!  :o There are also tips on "legal cheats". One is, if you can't get to the top spot because friends score higher than you, remove them from your profile...  ::)
If I suddenly don't show up in your friends list anymore, you'll kinow what happened :laugh:

I find it cool that they reset the stats every week. So while you are the best this week, I'd get another chance next week.

RossRoy

« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2010, 03:16:25 AM »
There certainly is people who will buy them for real cash too. Just like Farmville items or horse armor. Now that's the people with no life.

I always find it fascinating (in a bad way) when I hear those stories about people buying thousands of dollars worth of .... digital furniture for their flat in Second Life! I mean.. what the?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2010, 03:36:40 AM »
I always find it fascinating (in a bad way) when I hear those stories about people buying thousands of dollars worth of .... digital furniture for their flat in Second Life! I mean.. what the?
Sony reported once that business in Playstation Home was quite good. Same thing.

I occasionally visit Home, just to see what it's about and play some of those mini games. I also acquired some stuff for my avatar, but only everything I can lay my hands on for free!

But then, I'll admit I am guilty of having payed for one or two skins for the little Sackboy shortly after the game had come out. Wouldn't do that again though. If "skins" come with other content (new maps, nex levels, etc.) then that's fine, but just by itself it's pointless.

RossRoy

« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2010, 04:24:09 AM »
Doing it a few times to try it out, I can understand.

But I can't wrap my head around people paying real money for .... avatar clothes??

Addons in games, new maps, new weapons, new episodic content I can understand. I've gladly purchased those a few times.

Heck even purchaing XP to level up your character in a RPG to get through a tough spot, I can understand.

But 5$ for a digital beer? A designer Vuitton purse for a digital representation of yourself? Like I said above.. avatar clothes?

Sorry.. sometime the stupidity of humanity is just overwhelming. What is it that guy said? "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."*

I'm really sorry if any of you fall in the camp of purchsing those frivolous things. It is your own money you can do what you want with it. I'll just never understand why. And I will never stop thinking it's stupid. Sue me.