Author Topic: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter  (Read 20553 times)

lyonsden5

Re: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »
Any suggestions for a desktop app to run twitter? Someone suggested TweetDeck, seems good enough to me. I only have one account but I would like to monitor Facebook as well, if possible. I also want something smallish (one of my monitors isn't working (grrrrrrrrr - video card issues I guess) so I'm running out of monitor space.

Most of them I've looked at run on Adobe Air. Is this a typical resource hog like other adobe products seem to be? (there's always some adobe something running in the background... )  :-\

I know Karsten uses a plug in for Firefox. I typically use chrome as my browser. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a browser plugin as long as it fits what I need.

snowcat

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
I use Brizzly as a chrome plug in its ok but I prefer Tweetdeck, Tweet deck is good because not only can you see a list of tweets, but you also see a list of tweets that are aimed directly at you... the ability to see Facebook is great too!
(you need adobe air to run Tweetdeck also)

lyonsden5

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2010, 10:57:04 PM »
Thanks Emma. Think I'll give TweetDeck a try. Just hesitant about adding Air to my machine. Oh well... it can't be that bad. Must embrace the new technologies after all.

lyonsden5

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2010, 11:11:23 PM »
Installing Air didn't require a re-start so... yay!

TweetDeck all set up and ready to go  ;D

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2010, 08:40:01 PM »
Just wanted to let you know that I decided to renovate my Blog. New Wordpress version, new layout.

http://doena-journal.net/en/

What I post there are mostly are mostly copies from my postings here but you're still welcome. ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

lyonsden5

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »
I just won an autographed set of the Season One DVDs for (Destination Truth) from Josh Gates. He had a twitter puzzle and I was one of two who sent the answer before anyone else. His email said she answered a few seconds earlier but since I showed my work I actually was more correct than she was (he requested we show our work). My "work" was a copy paste of my browser history  :laugh: We exchanged a couple of emails and my DVDs are on the way!  :yahoo:

He tweeted the pieces of the puzzle as questions/clues 1 - 12. You needed to answer the first clue in order to figure out the next one. Pretty cool! It was great fun actually and I'm glad I won as I am a really big fan of the show!

So now my tweeting has actually paid off!  : :celebrate:  :bag:

snowcat

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2010, 08:58:17 PM »
:p congrats Rick!

I never win those things :(

lyonsden5

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2010, 09:06:30 PM »
 :thanks: Neither do I typically!

Najemikon

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2010, 09:08:42 PM »
Well done, Rick! :clap:

While I'm here...  As a few of you know I've been working on a blog and this evening, I've got it up and running!  :yahoo:

www.moviegoose.co.uk   :P

Daft name, I know, but seriously, try and come up with a movie related web-site name that hasn't already been registered. Not easy. :training:

Nor is populating the damn thing. So far I've just been copying in my reviews, so there is nothing new or exciting there yet. Like Karsten, I won't be reducing what I do here. This is for re-posting and stream-of-consciousness stuff. Plus, I've subscribed to a site that offers preview tickets and they're expanding to more regular offers for those who can do reviews from blogs. So here I am!

Please, have a browse, though like I say, it's really just a stream of reviews so far (and just horror ones at that).

lyonsden5

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »
Got it bookmarked  :thumbup:

snowcat

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
I like your site Jon!

http://experiment2501x.wordpress.com/

¬_¬ Thats mine.. updates sporadically... but kind of just houses reviews from here.

¬_¬ I promise that when my work load dies down in May I will start to update and review more... everything is coming to an end at college right now! so gotta keep working.

Najemikon

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »
Thanks, guys! :D

Rick, what is Destination Truth? Does he set out to prove/dis-prove myths? Looks pretty good.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »
Daft name, I know, but seriously, try and come up with a movie related web-site name that hasn't already been registered. Not easy. :training:
Easy : Golden Sin Palace :tease:
I'll check your blog later since I ain't home
Like Karsten, I won't be reducing what I do here.
Now you make me look bad since I've closed my XXX review topic since I started my blog :weep:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 10:17:45 PM by Jimmy »

lyonsden5

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2010, 12:32:49 AM »
Thanks, guys! :D

Rick, what is Destination Truth? Does he set out to prove/dis-prove myths? Looks pretty good.

Actually he does. It's an entertaining show but I enjoy it mostly because of him and his very dry humor. When I looked into his background I found has 2 degrees. One in archeology and one in drama. Some of the expeditions they have been are are insane. You can find out more about him here and I'm sure you can grab ean episode or two of the web somewhere. Syfy.com has them but I don't know if they will play for you.  :shrug:

I found it kinda funny when we were at the Animal Kindgom at Disney World last year they had a display of a cast of a footprint Gates found of a possible Yeti in their Himalayan ride. Good episode too that one was.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2010, 03:51:42 AM »
Hmmm, now I am wondering if I should post my reviews on my site as well. They are only far and between and not as good (hmmm, another incentive to write), but at least it would give my site a little purpose again; since all the DVD Profiler stuff is horribly outdated now.

My site is "handmade", so it'll be slightly more work (I don't use a blog engine of any kind), but again, at least I put some use the domain other than just phpdvdprofiler.