Author Topic: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter  (Read 20106 times)

snowcat

Re: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 09:55:38 PM »
Quentin Tarantino?
:hmmmm:
Not really :devil:

you could write it in both English and French (different pages that link to each other.) and just have some one go over the English version for you?
I don't plan to write a french version (too much trouble for a minority), just write my preliminary text in french and translate before the diffusion even if I take a risk to see some grammatical error...

Completly unrelated to your post : Translation error are easier to read than typo error :laugh:

Lol, thats cool! if you wanted anyone to check over it or anything once you had translated, I don't mind.. Ill try my best to help!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 02:23:10 AM »
Time for a little announce, but maybe some of you had already noticed...

I've created my blog a couple of days ago. So if you want to see my adult movie reviews they will be here from now and of course since it's a blog my raving will appear from time to time. My blog use an adult notice but nothing is really more shocking than what was in my review here (just a case of better be safe than sorry), of course some risqué pictures could appear...

Anyway if you want to read me you can use the link under my watched movie box or the little planet earth under my avatar.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 03:03:18 AM »
Does that mean you no longer post them here? That's a shame. While I'm not overly interested in adult movies, I did read your reviews. That's something I like about this place: Due to its manageable size, I tend to read almost everything here. On a larger forum, I would skip over stuff that has no immediate interest to me. Likewise, I would probably never actively seek out adult review sites.
Matthias

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 04:51:31 AM »
I will continue to post the regular one like the ones in my unknown movies topic when I'll watch something worthy for sure. For the xxx movies I ain't sure yet, but the review I post on my blog aren't different than the ones I've writen here (you will not see any pop-up or publicity there, the only difference is the adult warning).

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:55:58 AM by Jimmy »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »
Hey, I'm reply-worthy  :yahoo:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2010, 11:32:27 PM »
 :laugh: Well done! If it had been Kevin Smith, I'd have said "meh" as he talks to everyone...  ;)

But what did you ask her? :hmmmm:

snowcat

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 11:42:12 PM »
Awesome! congrats Karsten :p

I disslike Twitter :p im following 5 people and have no followers *grumble*

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2010, 11:47:14 PM »
But what did you ask her? :hmmmm:

She tweeted (twoted?) about the possible Veronica Mars movie and I told her that I'd love to see her in more serious movies other than these harmless summer romancy flicks.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2010, 11:50:35 PM »

I mostly follow Tweeters who have series infos like Michael Ausiello from EW @EWAusielloFiles and some celebs and/or their Alter Egos like @ActuallyNPH / @BrosLife and @NathanFillion / @WriteRCastle
Karsten

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2010, 12:22:28 AM »
More people follow me on my blog :tease:
Ok it's just one more than you :laugh:

But 163 visitors read my stuff since I've started it one month ago ;D
not too bad for a really amateur reviewer of adult movies :whistle:

BTW, I dislike Twitter also. Seriously what can you say that is so important or news worthy in a couple of phrase :shrug:

Rogmeister

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 12:55:15 AM »
As I've mentioned before, I do not use Twitter but I do use Facebook and MySpace.  For awhile, I wasn't really doing anything with MySpace but have used my blog there again recently a couple of times.  I got mad with MySpace though because when I joined, someone else was using the title "Rogmeister" so I had to use "TheRogmeister" for mine  :laugh:  I also have a couple of other blogs, one at a gaming site but my main one is at LiveJournal.  If you want to check that one out, here is the URL:

http://rogmeister.livejournal.com

At least I think that's right...  ::)

Najemikon

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2010, 02:20:13 AM »
More people follow me on my blog :tease:
Ok it's just one more than you :laugh:

But 163 visitors read my stuff since I've started it one month ago ;D
not too bad for a really amateur reviewer of adult movies :whistle:

BTW, I dislike Twitter also. Seriously what can you say that is so important or news worthy in a couple of phrase :shrug:

It's handy for updates from companies that use it. Couple of sites post about limited time offers or latest patches, etc. Like Karsten, I follow "interesting" people too. Stan Lee's comments regards Spidey 4 have been funny, though as optimistic as you'd expect. Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright are good fun too for geeks and I found out about Edward Woodwards death because of them. Overall, Twitter cuts through the bullshit as well though, because the celebrities call foul on the tabloid press instantly. For instance, a journalist in this country made some awful comments about Stephen Gately who had recently died and Twitter ganged up on her en masse. It was brilliant to watch.

I also liked it when Simon Pegg made a throwaway comment about a cable channel called Dave annoying him because they were cutting the episodes of Spaced they were showing. Someone from Dave Tweeted back and said sorry, and it wouldn't happen again!

snowcat

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2010, 09:29:57 AM »
:p lol.... lucky you Jimmy.... I may have to create a more conventional blog again.... maybe on Wordpress, the current one is more part of a site :S I don't think people can subscribe.

As for Twitter I like to see directors tweet interesting things, but I really don't use it often. I have an acccount deleted it then went back and got another one.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 10:13:57 AM »
I use the Firefox plugin Echofon, this way the tweets just pop up in the lower right corner and I don't have to visit the Twitter website.
Karsten

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 09:29:03 AM »
I use a program for Twitter on my iPhone. and have the feeds listed thru Adium, an IM program on my Mac).

I follow 3 and have 2 followers (Karsten and IGN simply followed me when I startewd following them). I followed Kevin Smith once but he is such a spammer then I had to stop.

I don't tweet myself. I think I made one, maybe two comments to other's tweets (both Karsten, I think), not sure they ended up where they were supposed to go :laugh:

I look tweets about every three or four days. :shrug: