Author Topic: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter  (Read 20082 times)

m.cellophane

Re: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 03:51:13 AM »
Facebook <--I like FB and agree with Mark that it's cool for connecting up with lost high school/college friends. And DVD friends.  :P
twitter <--I'm trying to get into twittering  :-\
My Space <---I'm only there because my kids wanted me to have an account. I hardly do anything there.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 06:51:07 AM »
I don't see him there....
I may have confused it with another Erikc :bag: Not sure what happened there. However, sure enough, as mentioned above, Eric the contacted me and we are now Facebook friends. But I assume you are connected to him by now as well...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 08:48:34 AM »
Your updates are protected...
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 09:24:27 AM »
Your updates are protected...
Well, that way he can say whatever he wants without getting into trouble :laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 12:13:15 PM »
...Apologies for necro-posting but I stumbled across this, If anyone would like to add me on facebook feel free.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=552765273

...Also included are the pictures od the Ladybird/Ladybug plague I experienced this summer  :laugh:

I also have Twitter :S I seem to have no followers and be following 5 people .... I don't really get it.

Rogmeister

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 03:11:18 PM »
I have a MySpace page but rarely go to it anymore.  I am still pretty active in Facebook though I often do little more than update my status there.  I do play a game on it when I visit my brother's (my own computer doesn't have a fast-enough connection for that).  And I don't Twitter though I've wondered about that off and on...

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »
I follow my local sports teams/players, Karsten and Starman (Kevin from invelos) on Twitter and I would check it on occasion. I recently added Howie Mandel and I check it daily because he cracks me up with some of his lines.

Myspace I pretty much ignore.

Facebook I check once a day - I do have pictures posted of my cats and dogs if anyone is interested (Dolce and Meemo are my foster cats).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »
I'm not a member on any of those... Sometimes I think of creating my own blog (sound more usefull than the thing listed here), but each time I face the same conflict. My english isn't that great, so it would be in french and I ain't sure that most french speakers would be interested by what I want to do... It's easier for me to wrote in my native language than in english as I do for my review here (that's why I'm never satisfied with them, since I wrote them in english). Of course it's always possible to translate my writing in english using Google and reworking the result a little.

Maybe I will make the jump one day if I'm satisfied with the english presentation (writing it in french would be a waste of time because of the subject). I'll let you know if it happens, so you will be able to read all my raving...

Now guess what I want to talk about in this non existent blog :laugh: 

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 04:23:08 PM »

Now guess what I want to talk about in this non existent blog :laugh: 

Quentin Tarantino?

snowcat

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 04:46:46 PM »
Jimmy, if you still wanted to write a blog you could write it in both English and French (different pages that link to each other.) and just have some one go over the English version for you?

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 05:17:29 PM »
Jimmy, if you still wanted to write a blog you could write it in both English and French (different pages that link to each other.)

THAT sounds strangely familiar. ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Rogmeister

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 06:12:24 PM »
Anyone on Facebook can add me as a friend if they've a mind to.  Since Emma listed a link for her, I went ahead to add her (she has to agree) and Achim is already one of my Facebook friends.  If Emma approves me, I think I would be her 200th friend...I have just over 100 myself.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
I am up to 14 since I added HÃ¥vard Berakvam (Berak) and Emma today. ;D

Rogmeister

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 06:34:27 PM »
I actually have a few more from here than I realized.  I had forgotten a few others here were also my Facebook friends.  Pete is one...even though he never uses it  ::)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »
Quentin Tarantino?
:hmmmm:
Not really :devil:

you could write it in both English and French (different pages that link to each other.) and just have some one go over the English version for you?
I don't plan to write a french version (too much trouble for a minority), just write my preliminary text in french and translate before the diffusion even if I take a risk to see some grammatical error...

Completly unrelated to your post : Translation error are easier to read than typo error :laugh: