Author Topic: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter  (Read 20063 times)

lyonsden5

Re: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2010, 11:33:40 PM »
came across this today. Looks like some twitter only deals available.  :thumbup:

Alien Redrum

« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »
Nice one, thanks!

RossRoy

« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2010, 04:33:53 AM »
Well.. I was completely and utterly bored tonight. Guess what I did?
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001393253903

Wonder if I'll come to regret it in the future ...

Critter

« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2010, 04:35:19 AM »

I sent you a friend request.

RossRoy

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2010, 04:37:46 AM »

I sent you a friend request.

already accepted ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »
just sent one

lovemunkey187

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2010, 01:08:20 PM »
I've sent one too, with a couple of suggestions.

Rogmeister

« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2010, 06:18:50 PM »
Ahhh, so that's who that is...I wondered who it was that had sent me a friend request.  My problem here is that English is my only languate...  :tv:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2010, 07:01:20 AM »
My advice is:
Install as few "programs" as possible. Stay away from the games. Make sure to adjust the privacy settings to something suitable to you, the defaults are fairly "open",

RossRoy

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »
My advice is:
Install as few "programs" as possible. Stay away from the games. Make sure to adjust the privacy settings to something suitable to you, the defaults are fairly "open",

As for privacy settings, I've put everything at "friends only".. that was one of my main gripe about Facebook.. How just because someone was a friend of a friend that they could see everything!

I mostly say "regret" as I way of saying: "what the heck am I gonna do with that?" it's not like my life is all that interesting and if anybody wants to know what I'm doing - just ask!

I don't know.. I've never seen the point of Facebook.. and now that I have registered, I see it even less!

Najemikon

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2010, 02:06:55 PM »
I just find it an easy way to keep in contact with people I'm interested in. Plus it ties in neatly with my smartphone and gives me a Facebook phonebook. A few people who have their numbers on Facebook appear in my contacts without me having any idea what their number actually is. And if they remove their number, they will simply disappear from my phone.

RossRoy

« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »
Facebook integration with smartphone sounds interesting - but is utterly useless to me since I refuse to pây over 2000$ for a 3 years period for a phone I'd barely use.

I don't know, I've had the account for a few days now, maybe I just haven't figured it all out yet.

Tried Farmville this weekend - meh! Way too social for my taste. Keeps complaining I can'T do that because I don't have enough neighbours or this guy or that gal needs help on their farm would you send them a gift? Why can't I just grow my farm at my own pace.

Najemikon

« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2010, 02:46:26 PM »
So far as games go, I just play Bejewelled Blitz. Completely anti-social. It just gives you your standing amongst your friends. So for instance, this week, I can see I'm kicking Dragonfire's ass.  :thumbup:

Rogmeister

« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »
I play Bejeweled Blitz too but it won't work right on my computer so I can only play it when I visit my brother.  And his computer had a virus the last time I was there so I haven't played it in awhile.  I don't care for community games like Farmville...I could play The Sims or one of those farming games on my GameCube if I wanted to do that.  But I still get endless invites for that game.

RossRoy

« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2010, 05:57:14 PM »
I tried Bejeweled Blitz but I don't really like those match 3 puzzle games, due in no small part that I completely suck at them.