Author Topic: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter  (Read 20060 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
« on: July 05, 2009, 11:17:19 PM »
all these Web 2.0 buzzwords that no one really needs.

I am on them all.  :-[

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000059499290

http://www.myspace.com/dj_doena

http://twitter.com/DJDoena (only german, though).

And now I only need 212 friends like Sheldon  :training:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Rogmeister

Re: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »
I have a Facebook page...I use the same profile image there as here, I think...and I also have a MySpace page.  At MySpace, I found someone else was using Rogmeister so my page ends with "therogmeister"...he may be a Rogmeister but I am THE Rogmeister!  :tease:  I have never used Twitter, though, and am not even sure what that's like.  And these days I rarely use MySpace much.  Maybe I should go there now and enter a blog entry which is my main reason for using MySpace...  :thundergod:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 12:42:55 AM »
I checked out all those sites... but I dunno... I just can't get into them.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 01:49:41 AM »
I had flushed myself out of facebook but I'm back on it to keep in touch with an old friend who doesn't really like emails.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:12 AM »
I had flushed myself out of facebook but I'm back on it to keep in touch with an old friend who doesn't really like emails.

I tried to find you buck only found groups that said "Eric Gagne SUCKS". Do you play baseball by any chance?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 09:05:19 AM »
Not the same guy :laugh:

Eric Gagné was one of the best closer in the major league some years ago with Los Angeles. But like it happen usually with all the closer his arms had paid an high prices. He had suffer injury after injury since his star days and to make thing worse his name was mentions in the Mitchell report (a vast investigation on the steroids used in the MLB). Last time I heard of him he was trying a return with the Quebec City team in the Northern League (I supposed that it doesn't go too well).

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 11:10:49 AM »

I tried to find you buck only found groups that said "Eric Gagne SUCKS". Do you play baseball by any chance?
If you haven't connected to hi yet, you can fnid Eric through my friends list...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 12:57:54 PM »

If you haven't connected to hi yet, you can fnid Eric through my friends list...

I don't see him there....
Karsten

Touti

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »
What did they do with the suggestions for friends ?   I get lots of suggestions for people that none of my friends know and they no longer tell you the reason for each suggestion.  Seems a far fetched attempt to make people add friends for Facebook applications to have access to more info.

I juste sent a bunch of invitations, I think I got everyone here with a Facebook account!

Rogmeister

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »
I see I got mine!  :thanks:  I'm off to approve you...  :thumbup:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 05:20:13 PM »
all these Web 2.0 buzzwords that no one really needs.

I am on them all.  :-[

I'm on neither. Just a few years ago, I was still a Usenet guy, and even web forums seemed like an abhorrent idea to me.
Matthias

Rogmeister

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »
Well, Eric and I are now Facebook Friends...too bad we don't speak the same language!  :laugh:

Touti

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »
I guess I'm gonna have to start writing my deep and intellectual thoughts in french and english now.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »
I'm on MySpace.  I joined because my wife was on there and I wanted to see what the fuss was.  I played with it for a few weeks, then got bored.  I'd delete my account, but I play that silly Mobsters game.  That's my only reason for staying and I pretty don't do anything on there but that.  My biggest complaint with it is that 99% of the MySpace pages look like they were designed by a 3 year old.  It's an assault on the senses.

I joined Facebook as well.  I've found it to be the best method to find old high school / college friends.  I sometimes get bored and post things or see what friends have to say, but in general I leave it alone until I get a message that someone wants to add me.  My biggest complaint here is the constant requests to join various games / groups / etc.  I have one "friend" (my wife's friend actually) who got mad because I didn't become a "fan" of some actor or comedian I've never heard of.

Of the three, Twitter is the one I enjoy the most.  Not to share my feelings with the world.  There's very few people who care about what I have to say.  But I do enjoy reading the occasional thought from friends, musical groups, TV shows, etc.  Since each message is so tiny, I don't get overwhelmed with input. I have a Twitter app on my phone and about once a day or so I'll launch it to get the latest news.

I'm pretty sure my account on all of them is www.SomeStupidSocialNetworkingSite.com/mejharrison.  I try to keep the same username on every site I sign up for so I have one less thing to remember. :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 11:35:14 PM »
Any one of you Stephen Marsden? I just got a friend invite and the name doesn't ring a bell.
Karsten