Poll

Will I Make 92 Days without watching any horror?

What are you smokin?... There is no way!
4 (26.7%)
I Have  Faith!... You will make it!
11 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Will I Make It?  (Read 47423 times)

Najemikon

Re: Will I Make It?
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »
Just got the Blu-Ray!  :thumbup: Marvellous film. Still makes me laugh to think Sinatra was lined up for it...
Just the first one or you have the complete serie of Dirty Harry?

I have the boxset of DVDs, which I'll probably sell. When push comes to shove, the sequels range from quite bad, through routine, to occasionally brilliant, but none match up to the first.

Over the past few weeks I've been catching whatever disease Eric has. Why keep things I won't want to watch regularly? :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »
I haven't got the equipment to make it worth going Blu yet... so I am considering this on my next order...

Dirty Harry Ultimate Collector's Edition
Includes all five Dirty Harry films: all special features on the Dirty Harry Special Edition and Deluxe Editions, plus additional special features and contents specific to the Ultimate Collector's Edition. Bonus Feature-Length documentary Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows; a 40+ page hardcover book; Wallet w/metal badge and removable laminated I.D. card; Five 5"x 7" Reproduction Lobby Poster Cards plus an exclusive UCE card; Scorpio Portrait of a Killer Poster-Sized (19" x 27") map of San Francisco detailing Harry’s hunt for the killer; Never-Before-Seen Production Correspondence

Out of these movies...
Dirty Harry: I seen and enjoyed
Magnum Force: Never Seen
The Enforcer: Never Seen
Sudden Impact: Never Seen
The Dead Poo;: I Seen and Enjoyed

so my question is... is the middle 3 movies worth it? Or should I just buy separately and get the 2 I know I like?
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2009, 05:10:04 PM »
Oh, it's definitely worth getting, Pete. I think Dead Pool is the worst one, a step too far! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, I'm just not desperate to see it again. Meanwhile all the others I think are much better. If you enjoyed Dead Pool, no way could you fail to like the others. :P

If I could get the Blu set at a good price, I'd still have it.

lyonsden5

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »
Get them all!!!  :capito:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2009, 05:23:54 PM »
Thank You both... I will plan on getting the set above with them all in it. (as long as the price don't go up between now and payday)...

Looks like a good set and the DVD version is only $35.99... that is only about $7.20 each... can't complain about that.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2009, 11:21:10 PM »
Get the set Pete ;D
Not only the movies are all good, only Jon doesn't like The Dead Pool, but it looks like an awesome set and the price is really low (I've paid almost 60 $CAN last year for the Deluxe edition of the 5 films).

The 5 films make a real fun marathon ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2009, 11:36:03 PM »
I was thinking the same thing... it would be fun to have a marathon of all 5 movies!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2009, 02:19:11 AM »
I really hope that Black Christmass will be purchase for the marathon this year...
Make no sense to me to have the crappy remake and not the canadian original classic :whistle:

Najemikon

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2009, 02:41:01 AM »
I really hope that Black Christmass will be purchase for the marathon this year...
Make no sense to me to have the crappy remake and not the canadian original classic :whistle:

Seconded. Pete would be arrested by the DVD Collection Police if there was such a thing. Shit, I'm thinking of forming such an organisation, just so I'd have the authority to arrest Pete for watching rubbish remakes before the originals. I'd impound his whole damn collection and replace it with musicals until he placed the order for Black Christmas... :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2009, 02:46:51 AM »
 :laugh: Believe it or not... I was thinking earlier today that I need to finally get the original Black Christmas!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2009, 03:07:35 AM »
I'd impound his whole damn collection and replace it with musicals until he placed the order for Black Christmas... :devil:
This is what we call police brutality :hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2009, 03:46:38 AM »

Seconded. Pete would be arrested by the DVD Collection Police if there was such a thing. Shit, I'm thinking of forming such an organisation, just so I'd have the authority to arrest Pete for watching rubbish remakes before the originals. I'd impound his whole damn collection and replace it with musicals until he placed the order for Black Christmas... :devil:

Oh my...that sounds like cruel and unusual punishment...especially considering Pete's feelings on musicals.
Remind me not to get on your bad side. ;)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2009, 07:43:10 AM »
Achim this isn't that kind of movie :tease:

Anyway Dawn of Dead is overated, Day of the Dead is better. I don't say that I don't like it, just that I don't think that it's the best Romero's movie.
:laugh: I know. It was just that I expected some more. I do like it and should give it a second viewing rather sooner than later.

I'll agree with you that Day of the Dead is much better than it's reputation would make us believe. I like it a it myself. I just don't think it's better than Dawn. Dawn has more to say while Day suffered a lot from being downsized fro what Romero had origanlly planned for the third one (Day and land rolled into one doesn't come close to his intended vision).

Just got the Blu-Ray!  :thumbup: Marvellous film. Still makes me laugh to think Sinatra was lined up for it...
Just the first one or you have the complete serie of Dirty Harry?
I own the complete series on Blu-ray and while they got slowly worse with each installment they are all mostly cool films. First one remains the best, though, despite the most famous one-liner being in the third one.

It's interesting how they used the second film to clarify the intend of the misunderstood first one :laugh:

EDIT (hadn't noticed there was a new page):
Yes Pete, I also suggest getting the set. If you enjoyed even the last one, then the middle ones should be a no-brainer.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:46:02 AM by Achim »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2009, 08:45:21 PM »
What to do... what to do?..

My niece and sis-in-law recently gave me a late B'day present...

And now every time I see them they ask me if I watched it yet and what I thought of it. I know most people do not see this movie as horror... and in DVDP it is listed as Drama, Fantasy & Romance. But I have always seen anything dealing with Vampires to at the very least have an under-tone of horror... after all vampires are monsters.

Can a movie dealing with a horror monster in any way not be considered at least partially horror? I not sure I think so. What is all your thoughts on this?

And before you ask... yes I do see stuff like Buffy the Vampire Slayer as horror. As they are creatures that are trying to kill you. But in this case it seems it is just a romance story with one of the involved happens to be a vampire? I don't know. I never seen anything dealing with vampires that wasn't at least partially horror.

OMG... I am in shock! My sis-in-law came over today and she didn't even ask me if I watched this movie yet!  :o
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »
Just read the recap and it will be like you had watched it. It was enough to me :laugh:

Unless read about horror movie is forbidden also :shrug: