Poll

Will I Make 92 Days without watching any horror?

What are you smokin?... There is no way!
4 (26.7%)
I Have  Faith!... You will make it!
11 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Will I Make It?  (Read 47367 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Will I Make It?
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »
I was almost tempted to create my 2009 Halloween Marathon thread sooner tonight just for teasing you :tease:

But I've decided that I can wait a couple of days again :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2009, 11:54:23 AM »
 :laugh: That is right Marie! I said Watch! So something like horror on Audio Book would be ok... hmmm... I know our library has a nice sized audio book section... wonder if there is any Stephen King mixed in there! :tease:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2009, 03:12:37 PM »
I guess you can listen to the interview with Richard Liberty and watch the featurette about the mines where they filmed. The other stuff contains images of zombies and is clearly off-limits for you :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2009, 04:26:11 PM »
 :P That's ok... I think I can make it another 3½ days!  :hmmmm: Well... maybe!  :surrender:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #274 on: September 27, 2009, 11:18:33 PM »
You made it this long..you should be able to last another 3 and a half days. :)

Are you planning to start at midnight again?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2009, 11:46:22 PM »
I don't have an alarm clock in my room... so it all depends on what time I wake up. Last year I was so excited about starting the marathon that I wok up at 10min to midnight. So I woke myself up... opened DVD Profiler and looked for that ever important first choice! :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2009, 12:02:30 AM »
I was thinking of using the movie pick function of DVDP to decide what I watch and when since we don't really use it (at least me). Of course in creating a second database with all the low budget horror movies in my collection.

Look fun and surprising to me.

richierich

« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2009, 12:19:44 AM »
I was thinking of using the movie pick function of DVDP to decide what I watch and when since we don't really use it (at least me). Of course in creating a second database with all the low budget horror movies in my collection.

Look fun and surprising to me.

Thats not a bad idea, as i've been agonising over to what to watch in this relatively unknown genre for me   :hmmmm:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2009, 12:26:27 AM »
The movie pick is something I could never use. Because for me my mood is the most important thing when I go to watch something. And if it picks... say a ghost story when I am more in the mood for a zombie movie I would just keep clicking till I see something I am more in the mood for.

I never been a fan of that movie pick function in profiler... not only do I never use it... I even removed the icon from the toolbar. :P

I think... at least at this point I will be starting day one with...

- Brotherhood of Blood
- Dead Set
- Maybe something from the 50 movie boxset
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2009, 12:36:43 AM »
Not a problem for me, since I've already decided what genre of movie will appear in my marathon this year. The only thing I've decided is to choose a starting point that will be 1980. That give 142 movies to choose from, before I'll enter the ones I will order next week.

A low budget is a low budget... I don't think that it makes a big difference if the movie is about vampire, werewolf, zombie, serial killer, giant mushroom or killer trees.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 28, 2009, 12:50:10 AM »
That is where I differ.. what the movie is about makes all the difference in the world. I can ALWAYS watch a horror movie. But I have to be in the mood for any certain type of horror.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2009, 01:10:22 AM »
That's why you are the expert :laugh:

Just as a test I've tried it and this is the result.

Looks ok to me as a solution... at least for me ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 28, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »
A Huge THANK YOU to Tom!!! I have been sitting around playing with profiler and the forum here. When I remembered the Custom feature on Tom's Trading Poster plugin. So I get playing with it.... Now all I have to do is...

Go to Collection --> Flagged --> Custom Trading Poster... and then paste what it copies to my post.

It pastes....

------ From Below this Line ---------

Title: Brotherhood of Blood
Movie Count: 
TV Ep. Count: 
Other Count: 
Time Started: 
Plot:
Two horror legends reunite again. After the success of Rob Zombie's The Devil's Rejects, legendary actor Sid Haig (House of 1000 Corpses, Kill Bill 2) and horror icon Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead) team up again in Brotherhood of Blood, a claustrophobic thriller about a team of vampire hunters who must infiltrate a nest of the undead to save one of their own.

My Thoughts:

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

------ To Above this Line ---------

Saving me a lot of work posting to my marathon thread... I just have to type in the The numbers for the count, The time Started & My Thoughts... and then add however many skulls I want to give it to the one already there.

So once again... THANK YOU Tom!!!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »
A Huge THANK YOU to Tom!!! I have been sitting around playing with profiler and the forum here. When I remembered the Custom feature on Tom's Trading Poster plugin. So I get playing with it.... Now all I have to do is...

You're welcome :)
Though you can achieve the same thing with an HTML window. The TradingPoster is usually used for multiple profile listings like in the WhatYaGot thread. But it can of course also be used for review postings.

Go to Collection --> Flagged --> Custom Trading Poster... and then paste what it copies to my post.
Btw, this function is also available as a toolbar icon.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 28, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »
Thanks Tom!

I really don't have a spot for another HTML Window :P Or know for sure what to put into it! :P But the icons did get past me... was sitting right there for me and I didn't even notice it!  :bag:
Pete