Poll

Will I Make 92 Days without watching any horror?

What are you smokin?... There is no way!
4 (26.7%)
I Have  Faith!... You will make it!
11 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Will I Make It?  (Read 48596 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Will I Make It?
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
Actually... I just looked again... and that was recommended to me 2 years ago!  :o Didn't have the thread I thought I did! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »
OK... I finally found last year's thread. I discovered that there was some recommendations that were in them I forgot about. So it is becoming a good source for ideas.

Jon...
Last year you mentioned The Orphanage for a foreign horror. If THIS is the one you were talking about... at the price I will be checking it out. Is it the one you were talking about???
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2009, 05:53:35 PM »
If THIS is the one you were talking about... at the price I will be checking it out. Is it the one you were talking about???
I dare say that it's the one he was talking about. Great film, by he way :thumbup:

Be warned though, it's in Spanish and from what I saw at the link you posted there is no English dub.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2009, 06:09:25 PM »
Yeah... I know. I have a few like that anyway. What with being such a slow reader I definitely prefer the dubs over the subs. But I will do my best to get through it. :)
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »
Tom, Karsten, Matthias, James or Roger (even if I think that neither of you are big horror fan) want to try it?
I don't have many horror movies, but I have planned to watch a few movies which fit the marathon theme and I haven't watched in quite some time.

Najemikon

« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »
You've ordered Duel? Good man! And thinking about Orphanage too (yes that is the one you found). There's REC too, and the US remake (Quarantine) is supposed to be pretty good. :thumbup:

I'll hopefully join in, but not at your level... ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2009, 08:09:58 PM »
Hope that you will include the Argento's movies that you have bought sooner this year (or last year :hmmmm:), at least Phenomena and Tenebre. I'm curious to know your oppinion on those two.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2009, 10:34:55 PM »
You've ordered Duel? Good man! And thinking about Orphanage too (yes that is the one you found). There's REC too, and the US remake (Quarantine) is supposed to be pretty good. :thumbup:

Very Close. I now have Duel and that Orphanage I linked to in my cart for the next order. I still can't place an order for a couple more weeks! But they are in there... all set to be ordered!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2009, 02:11:16 AM »
With Underworld: Rise of the Lycans arriving today... I am really feeling the pain of not being able to watch horror tonight!  :(
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2009, 03:11:05 AM »
Same feeling because of my copy of Dead Set who laught at me on my unwatched pile of dvd. Even more because I've decided to watch only low budget independant horror movies in my marathon and I can't check it before november...

It's weird that we like to torture ourself like this :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2009, 03:22:03 AM »
I won't torture myself like that! I mean I don't mind watching some low budget independent horror... but I have to watch some biggies too!  :P

Achim is sending me a copy of Dead Set also... so I am really hoping it arrives in time to fit into my marathon. Which I am pretty sure it will from what he said.  :thumbup: But the question is... if I love it... and rave about it in my review... will you still be able to wait till November?  :tease:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2009, 05:09:22 AM »
But the question is... if I love it... and rave about it in my review... will you still be able to wait till November?  :tease:
Sure ;D
I already know that it will be a good one, because of the review written by Jon last year. He can't misguided me everytime like he did with 28 weeks later :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:11:15 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2009, 06:23:59 AM »
Yeah... I know. I have a few like that anyway. What with being such a slow reader I definitely prefer the dubs over the subs. But I will do my best to get through it. :)
That is why I pointed it out, just to avoid surprises later on.

I heard otherwise about Quarantine but may give it a rent at some point. I absolutely loved REC.

BTW, I will e travelling to Germany from Oct. 2 thru Oct. 22. I might want to take a few DVDs, like the appropriate titles from the Hitchcock marathon, but certainly nothing for a Horror marathon. I may squeeze a few in after my return.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2009, 08:17:40 AM »
I've decided already the last orders I will do in october for the marathon (just have to wait my next pay the first)

2 title from Amazon (uk)

Remember I've mentioned this one in the must see movie thread. Weird that I've to import a Canadian film from the UK, but it isn't available in North America

This one looks like a fun one and since I've nothing from Norway.

and the last two Pendulum Pictures 50 movies set from Amazon since the price is so low

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2009, 10:04:21 AM »
I almost got a 50 movie set at Sam's Club today when I was in there..I went to check on a few other things, but I always look at the DVDs in there.  Anyway, I put it back for now..still might get it.  And I just found it on Amazon for $1 less.  I' think I saw The Brain That Wouldn't Die once...or at least part of it.  I also saw a ..bizarre version of the movie that someone did as an attempt to make a movie just as entertaining as a big budget movie.  It wasn't.  The title is some long mess..I just called it Night of the Whatever when I reviewed it on epinions...I ended up getting the movie to review because of my writing reviews there.  Anyway...I sort of know the one movie and I've heard of others.  So I was thinking it might make a decent set.

http://www.amazon.com/Horror-Classics-Movie-Pack-Collection/dp/B0001HAGTM