Poll

Will I Make 92 Days without watching any horror?

What are you smokin?... There is no way!
4 (26.7%)
I Have  Faith!... You will make it!
11 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Will I Make It?  (Read 48586 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Will I Make It?
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2009, 06:10:25 PM »
- Dark Light (Basically no overview online other then to say it is a Vampire Movie! I love Vampire Movies!)
It was a lot of research yesterday, but I've found what this film really is... This is an Irish movie made in 1993 called Zombie Genocide, don't worry for the title since they talk of vampire in the end credit. In your list you have forgot to include Abe's Tomb who is a vampire movie and it looks like the best one in the set.

Only 6 movies to do ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2009, 06:27:37 PM »
Thanks! I will definitely keep Abe's Tomb in mind! And very cool! I don't know how you can do such a big set so quickly! I think I would be seeing doubles by now!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2009, 09:55:50 PM »
After more than 20 hours of works it's done ;D
All the film are individually profiled. The parent profile isn't from me, some errors are present like the running time, the video format (since when are we entering one when they are different for each of the movies?), the production year and maybe some other things...

The covers aren't included in the backup (too big), but you can get them all in my collection (the one in my link) and all the movies had one (some are just screen capture, since they were never released individually).

Don't forget to backup your collection before since the profiles are manually made and I think that it can conflict with your other manual profiles (Sebastien can explain it better than me).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2009, 10:57:43 PM »
Thanks Jimmy... I downloaded the file and am now backing up my collection!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2009, 11:04:01 PM »
Now it's the time to check what the movies included in my other boxset look like :whistle:

Addiction 6.2/10
At the House of Madness 4.7/10
Awaken the Dead 1.5/10
Caregiver 5.2/10
Clean 4.7/10 (this one is a production from my province ;D)
Cope 4.6/10
Dead Country 2.7/10
DeadHouse 2.2/10
Deadly Memories 3.3/10
Death Becomes Them No Score (it's a musical :tease:)
Death Factory 3.4/10
Death From Beyond 2 2.3/10
Dee Flowered 3.4/10
Demon Slaughter 2.6/10
Demons in My Head 3.5/10
Divine Intervention 4.3/10
Dr. Shock's Grindhouse of Horrors 1.6/10
Forever Dead 1.9/10
Frightworld 2.0/10
Fungicide 3.0/10
Grave Mistake 3.1/10
Hell Hath No Fury 3.0/10
Hell's Highway 3.8/10
Holy Terror 3.0/10
In the Woods 2.5/10
Johnny Sunshine 2.1/10
Kottentail 5.3/10
Machine Head 5.2/10
Master of Darkness Magic No Score
Night 1.6/10
Prey for the Beast 2.3/10 (Canadian movie ;D)
Raving Maniacs 4.2/10
Reservoir Cats (nothing that I can find right now on imdb :()
Satan's Whip 3.0/10
School of Horror 3.1/10
Shadow People 2.1/10
Sick Bastard 2.9/10
Sinner No Score
Skeleton Key 3.6/10 (of course this isn't the Kate Hudson movie :laugh:)
Slaughtered 3.7/10
Stereotypes Don't Just Disappear into thin Air 1.4/10
Stiff Odds 3.1/10
Storm of the Dead 2.8/10
Swamp Zombies 2.7/10
Tartarus 4.4/10
The tenement 3.9/10
Torment 2.6/10
Trees 4.9/10
Trees 2 4.3/10
The Walkers 4.5/10

Looks like another fun one with many zombie movie. Many synopsis look good, but sometimes it doesn't pass that well. Of course the score are low, but I've learn to not trust the imdb voters since most of them expect those movie to look exactly like Hollywood productions...

Anything familliar here Pete?

Edit : Amazon had already send it yesterday, so I will certainly receive it the 23 or 24.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 11:42:03 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2009, 11:50:35 PM »
That is cool... like I said... I got this one set coming. I will see what I think of them before buying another set. See if there is enough worth it for me. :P

I ordered that set and other movie from Amazon today... and I already got a shipment notice from them! both shipped already... separately! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2009, 12:28:17 AM »
After more than 20 hours of works it's done ;D
All the film are individually profiled. The parent profile isn't from me, some errors are present like the running time, the video format (since when are we entering one when they are different for each of the movies?), the production year and maybe some other things...

The covers aren't included in the backup (too big), but you can get them all in my collection (the one in my link) and all the movies had one (some are just screen capture, since they were never released individually).

Don't forget to backup your collection before since the profiles are manually made and I think that it can conflict with your other manual profiles (Sebastien can explain it better than me).

Just wanted to say thanks again Jimmy... I am all set now... even got the images from your site. And no problem with the manual profile numbers... I am no where near that high!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2009, 01:54:03 AM »
Now it's the time to check what the movies included in my other boxset look like :whistle:
Addiction 6.2/10

For a moment I was wondering if that is the Ferrara movie. But it isn't.
Matthias

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2009, 03:23:05 AM »
A little bit more than 2 weeks before we start the marathon and I was wondering... Who will participate this year? Of course Me and Pete, but I really hope to see a lot of us doing it this year (with or without individual reviews, sure I prefer the former).

Am I correct to think that Marie, Sebastien, Achim (even if you will be in Germany for a time) and Jon will enter again this year and that Rich will be here for the first time?

Tom, Karsten, Matthias, James or Roger (even if I think that neither of you are big horror fan) want to try it?
Kathy, you need more reviews so it's your chance and you must watch the one you have bought because of Pete?

Me I can wait, it will look so much like when I was teenager renting any direct to video horror film without knowing anything about them. I'm so glad to have found those box of independant films (I think of ordering the last 2 I don't have in october :laugh:). 

Pete I think I'm more work up than you this year ;D
No, I know it's impossible :laugh:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2009, 05:22:03 AM »
Tom, Karsten, Matthias, James or Roger (even if I think that neither of you are big horror fan) want to try it?

Dunno. I don't have many horror films. Some mainstream stuff that isn't really worth bothering. Some musicals, but I reviewed most of them a while ago. Maybe I can do some vampire movies that are a little on the strange side (Nadja, Wisdom of Crocodiles, Addiction).
Matthias

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2009, 06:51:50 AM »
I probably will.  I might even try to add to my collection too..though I guess I have more horror type stuff than I had thought.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2009, 11:48:42 AM »
Oh, you better believe I am excited about it Jimmy! Yesterday I was going through some of my files in the computer... cleaning out what I didn't need anymore and such... and came across the article I wrote for this site last year... And thought... well I knew we have at least some new members here from the past year so why not repost it here.

Last Year I Wrote:
October – My Favorite Time of the Year
Every since I was a young boy of about 10 years old I have been a huge fan of pretty much anything and everything horror. Because of this I absolutely loved when October came around. It is a time of the year when what I love every day of the year is the norm and celebrated by all. Horror movies coming on all channels pretty much any time of the day.

How it all Started:
I will never forget how my love of horror started. When I was about 10 years old or so I had trouble sleeping one night. We had just gotten cable hooked up that day and I was still excited by all the channels we had. Especially a channel that was showing movies uncut and commercial free… a channel called HBO.  I thought wow! What an idea! I was mesmerized by the possibilities. Towards the middle of the night I was still tossing and turning in my bed as my family slept. What else could I do? I got up and sneaked back into the living room where the only TV in the house was at that time. When I got out there I went straight to HBO wondering what I would see. I was very lucky as a movie was just about to start. That movie was “The Shinning” starring Jack Nicholson. Without even an idea of what it would be I settled in for the movie. While watching it I was both excited and scared. I was pretty much jumping at every sound in the house. Combine that with the fear of getting caught watching TV when I was supposed to be in bed. The adrenalin was really flowing! By the end of the movie I was completely hooked. All I wanted to do is watch more horror movies. Luckily my mother didn’t concern herself with me loving horror so much. She pretty much knew even at that young age I was mature enough to handle it. She was just a little concerned about me sleeping at night. But for me that just never was a problem. I started out being scared during the movie itself then fine afterwards. But through the years that changed. Before I knew it no matter how “scary” the movie was said to be they just did not scare me. I loved every second of them, but there was no being scared watching a movie. I was quick to come to the realization that horror movies are nothing more then fake situations and I was having fun watching them all.

My Horror Marathons:
It didn’t take me long to get the idea of horror marathons for Halloween. I was already at the age of no more trick or treating. So what better to do on Halloween then watch horror movies? My marathon idea actually started as a one night deal where my friends and I would go to the local video store and rent a handful of movies to watch after school into that night. My friends and I did it like that for several years. This was until I started collecting movies. Once I got a good collection of horror movies I upgraded my marathon to the week of Halloween. For the most part I was watching them alone as my friends would only come over one night, being Halloween night. The week long marathon went on for many years. Into the years of collecting DVDs as I never really got into collecting movies until I started collecting DVDs. About five years ago is when I made the jump to month long horror marathons. The idea of a whole month of horror was just too good not to attempt. The month long marathon went well but I found myself burning out a little towards the end of the month. But that was easily cured by a small break in November away from horror. In the early days of the month long marathon my main goal was always to be sure to watch at least one horror movie every day in the month. But it did not take me long at all to beat my last year’s total number watched. The very next year I found myself with two goals to my marathon. Then about two years ago another bright idea came to me. As much as I love collecting my TV series there had to be a way to incorporate them into my marathon as well. That is when I thought it would be great to not only allow horror series but Halloween episodes of any series into my marathon. That was the birth of my Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon. This gives me yet another goal as I try to beat my total of TV series episodes as well as my total number of movies and at least one show per day. Just last year I had my greatest marathon achievement when I beat all 3 goals. I ended up watching 84 Horror movies and 34 TV series episodes within the month. I was asked many times, why a month long marathon? The answer is simply my love of horror. I love every second of it, and I like to challenge myself when it comes to this hobby.

This Year’s Marathon:
I would be lying if I didn’t say I was concerned if I would be able to beat last year’s totals. But whether I am able to beat last year or not, I will be having a great time giving it all I have! I am not too concerned beating the TV series episodes, I think that will be right easy for me actually. But the movie totals I am not so sure about that one. And if that is not enough I am actually considering yet another category into my marathon. I am thinking about maybe adding an “Other” category where I can add stuff like short stories and documentaries. Either way, this will be another year chock full of horrific fun!

In closing I would like to take this opportunity to officially challenge all the members at this wonderful site, DVD Collectors Online, to join me in this year’s Month Long Horror Marathon! Come on and join it. Even feel free to start easy and take the challenge of one horror movie per day in October. And if you are feeling really brave… bring it on and try to beat my totals this year! I am ready for you!

And last year I DID beat the previous year's totals!  :thumbup: But can I do it again this year? I really don't know... but I will echo what I said in that article...

I would be lying if I didn’t say I was concerned if I would be able to beat last year’s totals. But whether I am able to beat last year or not, I will be having a great time giving it all I have!

And Matthias... if you don't feel you have enough to join in like some of us are doing... how about like I said in the article... watch 1 horror movie a day for the month? If not... feel free to join in with what ever you can fit in to watch... everyone should watch at least some horror in October!  :thumbup:
Pete

richierich

« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »
A little bit more than 2 weeks before we start the marathon and I was wondering... Who will participate this year? Of course Me and Pete, but I really hope to see a lot of us doing it this year (with or without individual reviews, sure I prefer the former).

Am I correct to think that Marie, Sebastien, Achim (even if you will be in Germany for a time) and Jon will enter again this year and that Rich will be here for the first time?

Kathy, you need more reviews so it's your chance and you must watch the one you have bought because of Pete?

Me I can wait, it will look so much like when I was teenager renting any direct to video horror film without knowing anything about them. I'm so glad to have found those box of independant films (I think of ordering the last 2 I don't have in october :laugh:). 

Pete I think I'm more work up than you this year ;D
No, I know it's impossible :laugh:

I am trying to find out which of my tv series have 'halloween' specials which I can watch as part of my marathon, but unless it is in the episode title I don't know how else to find them with a search??

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2009, 02:38:50 PM »
It isn't a fun job... but what I ended up doing is making a "Halloween Episode" tag in profiler... then going to TV.com episode guides... list all episodes (all seasons) and search the word Halloween. Plus whenever I get a new set... when I watch and find an episode that fits I just tag that disc (and mention episode in notes if it is not obvious). I don't know how many shows we  have that are the same... but here is my list... may be helpful some at least.

- 21 Jump Street: Season 4: Disc 2 - Old Haunts in the New Age
- The Addams Family: Vol. 1: Disc 1 - Halloween with the Addams Family
- The Addams Family: Vol. 2: Disc 3 - Halloween Addams Style
- Angel: Season 5: Disc 2 - Life of the Party
- Bewitched: Season 1: Disc 1 - The Witches are Out
- Bewitched: Season 2: Disc 1 - Trick or Treat (Another good search term)
- Bewitched: Season 3: Disc 1 - Twitch or Treat
- The Big Bang Theory: Season 1: Disc 1 - The Middle Earth Paradigm
- Blue Collar TV: Vol. 1 - Halloween
- Bones: Season 3: Disc 2 - Mummy in the Maze
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2: Disc 2 - Halloween
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4: Disc 1 - Fear Itself
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 6: Disc 2 - All The Way
- Charmed: Season 3: Disc 1 - All Halliwell's Eve
- Charmed: Season 8: Disc 2 - Kill Billie: Vol. 1
- Commander in Chief: Part 1: Disc 1 - First...Do No Harm
- The Cosby Show: Season 2: Disc 1 - Halloween
- Dark Angel: Season 2: Disc 2 - Boo
- Dead Like Me: Season 2: Disc 4 - Haunted
- Eerie Indiana: Complete Series: Disc 2 - Scariest Home Videos
- ER: Season 3: Disc 2 - Haunted
- Everybody Loves Raymond: Season 3: Disc 1 - Halloween Candy
- Friday the 13th: The Series: Season 1: Disc 2 - Hellowe'en
- Friends: Season 8: Disc 1 - The One With The Halloween Party
- Ghost Whisperer: Season 2: Disc 2 - A Grave Matter
- Ghost Whisperer: Season 3: Disc 2 - Weight of What Was
- How I Met Your Mother: Season 1: Disc 1 - Slutty Pumpkin
- The Jeff Foxworthy Show: Season 1: Disc 1 - With Two You Get Cow's Milk
- Knight Rider: Season 3: Disc 1 - Halloween Knight
- Knight Rider (2008): Disc 2 - Knight of the Living Dead
- M*A*S*H: Season 11: Disc 1 - Trick or Treatment
- Millennium: Season 2: Disc 2 - The Curse of Frank Black
- Monk: Season 4: Disc 1 - Mr. Monk Goes Home
- Mork & Mindy: Season 2: Disc 2 - A Morkville Horror
- NCIS: Season 4: Disc 2 - Witch Hunt
- Picket Fences: Season 1: Disc 2 - Remembering Rosemary
- Roseanne: Halloween Edition (Best of Disc) - Boo!, Trick or Treat, Trick Me Up Trick Me Down, Halloween IV, Halloween V, Skeletons in the Closet, Halloween: The Final Chapter
- Sabrina: The Teenage Witch: Season 1: Disc 1 - A Halloween Story
- Sabrina: The Teenage Witch: Season 2: Disc 2 - A River Of Candy Corn Runs Through It
- Sabrina: The Teenage Witch: Season 3: Disc 1 - Good Will Haunting
- Sabrina: The Teenage Witch: Season 5: Disc 1 - The Halloween Scene
- The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror (best of Disc) - Treehouse of Horror 5,6,7 & 12
- Smallville: Season 5: Disc 2 - Thirst
- Square Pegs: Disc 1 - Halloween XLL
- Tales from the Darkside: Season 1: Disc 1 - Trick or Treat

I imagine I still have some in my collection I never noted yet. But I will tag them as I find them!  :thumbup: I also do tags for Christmas episodes... and as of this past May... Birthday episodes. :)

Another thing you could try to catch some (if you use child profiles for TV Series) Search Overviews for the word Halloween. May find a few more that way.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2009, 03:28:30 PM »
You know... I was just going over last year's marathon thread (I just miss my horror movies!)  :bag: :P and I was reminded of the fit (so to speak) that Jon had when I called Maximum Overdrive one of my favorites of the '80s.  :laugh: And Jon recommended that I see (Not if I see... but When I see!) one called Duel. Well because of my going over last year's thread... and seeing Jon's recommendation again... I now have Duel in my Amazon cart for my next order. But you do know Jon, If I  hate it... it is all your fault!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete