Author Topic: Die, Ebay, die!  (Read 2992 times)

Touti

Re: Die, Ebay, die!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 06:25:48 PM »

It's good for dvd & cds but what about other stuff?

Any suggestions of other places to advertise (I've decided to sell 3 of my Sideshow Premium Formats and a couple of other statues)?

Amazon's Marketplace maybe.  Don't know if it's good but if not it can't be worst than ebay.

Najemikon

Re: Die, Ebay, die!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 06:43:04 PM »
Well, they can bollocks. I have a new friend and I was reminded of it when I just posted a link to tease Achim in another thread: PlayTrade. Find a DVD on www.play.com and click "sell". They show you how much they sell it for and how cheap the second hand ones are, so you can undercut. Then choose UK and/or Europe to post to and it's on. It's beautifully simple from start to finish. Fees are probably about the same as Ebay, but because you can price match, you list at a much higher starting price. And the great thing I just realised? I can sell Region 1! Ebay can't let you do that.

It's good for dvd & cds but what about other stuff?

Any suggestions of other places to advertise (I've decided to sell 3 of my Sideshow Premium Formats and a couple of other statues)?

Never tried Amazon, but worth checking as Eric says. At the same time, I'd still have a crack at that sort of thing on Ebay. Apart from the feedback rubbish, free postage wouldn't apply.