Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 146403 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #690 on: September 12, 2011, 02:03:44 AM »
Found out a few more titles coming in that big box my friend is sending me...

Deadliest Catch: The Complete First Season
Forty-foot waves, freezing temperatures, swinging 700-pound crab pots, a nearly 100 percent injury rate … but also the chance to earn enough money for a family to live on for a year, for just a few days’ work. Welcome to one of the worlds deadliest jobs: the Alaskan crab fisherman.

Deep in the frigid waters of the Bering Sea lurks the highly lucrative, yet often elusive, king and snow crabs. Each year, approximately 250 boats converge on Dutch Harbor, Alaska, awaiting the start of the official harvesting seasons announced by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.

Crewmembers regularly pull 20-hour shifts in freezing weather, exposed to the harsh elements on a slick deck, often pitching to and fro. The harried, exhausted men have on purpose: catch as much crab as possible before the authorities announce the end of the season.
Why do men risk life and limb every season? Money. In the season prior, the king crab harvest alone was worth $65 million at the dock. But the potential to make such good money – fast – brings with it an all-too-often tragic consequence.
Deadliest Catch: The Complete Second Season

United 93
It's an event that shook the world. Honest, unflinching and profoundly moving, "United 93" tells the unforgettable story of the heroic passengers and crew members who prevented the terrorists from carrying out their plans for the fourth hijacked plane on September 11, 2001. As on-ground military and civilian teams scrambled to make sense of the unfolding events, forty people who sat down as strangers found the courage to stand up as one.
The West Wing: The Complete Second Season
As Season Two's 22 episodes unfold across this 4-disc set, the President and his staff have been targeted for disruption by rival politicians, soon after being targeted by would-be assassins. Yet the determined colleagues continue to serve the U.S. and its President as the administration heads through midterm elections and into a crisis that leads to allegations of criminal conduct. Presented with must-see bonus materials, 'The West Wing's second season won the Best Drama Series Emmy and Golden Globe Awards.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 12, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »
I just found out that the following two will be in that big package I have coming...

Righteous Kill
After 30 years as partners in the pressure cooker environment of the NYPD, highly decorated Detectives "Turk", played by Academy Award® winner Robert De Niro (Raging Bull) and "Rooster", played by Academy Award® winner Al Pacino (Scent of a Woman) should be ready for retirement. But, before they can hang up their badges, they are called in to investigate the murder of a notorious pimp, which appears to have ties to a case they solved years before.

This adrenaline fueled psychological thriller features hip-hop superstar Curtis Jackson (Get Rich or Die Tryin'), Carla Gugino (Sin City), John Leguizamo (Moulin Rouge!), Donnie Wahlberg (Saw II and III) and Brian Dennehy (Death of a Salesman) and was directed by Jon Avnet (Red Corner) and written by Russell Gewirtz (Inside Man).
Scarface
In the spring of 1980, the port at Mariel Harbor was opened, and thousands set sail for the United States.  They came in search of the American Dream.  One of them found it on the sun-washed avenues of Miami...wealth, power and passion beyond his wildest dreams.  He was Tony Montana.  The world will remember him by another name...SCARFACE.

I am a bit ashamed to admit this... but I have never seen Scarface:bag: Though I have heard it is an excellent movie. Never even heard of Righteous Kill before today. But how bad could it be with both Robert De Nero and Al Pacino in it?

I also found out that she is trying to finish up the package today to hopefully get it in the mail tomorrow. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 12, 2011, 11:57:55 PM »
I found out that my friend actually got the package out today!  :thumbup: Here is the list of titles that I do know about...

Titles in Bold are movies I never seen before.

1. American Pie Presents The Naked Mile
 2. Analyze That
 3. Angels & Demons
 4. Antwone Fisher
 5. Bad Boys
 6. Breakin' All the Rules
 7. The Da Vinci Code
 8. The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
 9. The Deadliest Catch: Season 1
10. The Deadliest Catch: Season 2
11. The Dukes of Hazzard
12. Duplicity
13. Failure to Launch
14. The Family Stones
15. Fighting
16. First Knight
17. First Sunday
18. Fool's Gold
19. For Your Consideration
20. Forbidden Kingdom
21. Forget Paris
22. Four Feathers
23. Fun with Dick and Jane (2005)
24. Get Rich or Die Trying
25. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
26. Ginger in the Morning
27. The Girl Next Door
28. The Gladiator
29. The Glass House: The Good Mother
30. The Golden Compass
31. Good Luck Chuck
32. The Good Night
33. A Good Year
34. GoodFellas
35. Grandma Boys
36. The Great Debator
37. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
38. Here on Earth
39. Hot Wheels: Acceleracers: Breaking Point
40. Hot Wheels: Acceleracers: The Speed of Silence
41. I Spy
42. The International
43. The Interpreter
44. Jackass: The Movie
45. Joe Dirt
46. Kicking and Screaming
47. King Arthur
48. The Larry Sanders Show: Season 1
49. Laws of Attraction
50. Legally Blonde
51. Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde
52. Little Black Book
53. The Longest Yard (2005)
54. Look at Me America
55. Lost in Translation
56. Lovers and Liars
57. Lucky # Slevin
58. Lucky You
59. Mad Dog Morgan
60. The Man in the Iron Mask
61. The Matador
62. Matchstick Men
63. Meet the Fockers
64. Michael Allred's G-Men from Hell
65. The Missing
66. Most Wanted
67. Mr. 3000
68. My Best Friend's Girl
69. Napoleon Dynomite
70. Nazi Atrocities: The Real Truth
71. Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter
72. Nicholas Nickleby
73. A Night at the Roxbury
74. No Country for Old Men
75. One Way Out
76. Out Cold
77. Pathfinder
78. Paycheck
79. The Punisher (2004)
80. Righteous Kill
81. Say Anything
82. Scarface
83. The Spiderwick Chronicles
84. United 93
85. West Wing: Season 2

As I said... titles in bold are movies I never seen before. Are there any must see movies in the above list... where oh where should I start? :P

Not to mention... these are just the titles I know about. I do believe there is other titles I don't know about as well. :)
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 13, 2011, 12:14:12 AM »
Oh my...the unwatched pile grows.  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 13, 2011, 12:22:04 AM »
A Bit!  :tease:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 14, 2011, 11:49:35 AM »
I got this message from my friend last night...

Oh dear - I was putting the last of my DVDs away and found several movies I was going to send you...including some for your Oct. marathon. :slaphead:

Since she just sent me that huge package... I have no idea when she may send me these. But I do hope in time to get the horror for my October marathon. We did play a game of hangman for one of the titles last night... I will be getting...

A Tale of Two Sisters
Something strange is happening when Su-mi and her younger sister, Su-yeon, come home to their father's large but dark and somewhat foreboding house after a stay in the hospital. Their dad is taciturn and burdened, and their stepmother, Eun-joo, greets them with forced enthusiasm and more than a little sense of irritation. But that's nothing compared to what happens when bedtime rolls around.

Stylish and shocking, this visually arresting tale of family secrets and uncertain realities is based on a traditional Korean folktale. Guaranteed to have you gasping for breath with each successive scare. You'll be kept guessing until the very end of this unique and brilliant film.

It is a Korean horror movie. Anyone here familiar with this one?
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 14, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
I think I know already one of the movies she will send to you :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 14, 2011, 02:32:24 PM »
I think I know already one of the movies she will send to you :whistle:

Oh? PM me the title... she may want to play Hangman again later!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 14, 2011, 02:54:03 PM »
I can't spoil your fun :laugh:
Of course I ain't 100% sure, but it was one she wanted to send me in a package that I already have (or pre-ordered) so I mention that you could be interested by this film...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 14, 2011, 04:19:33 PM »
 :laugh: That is ok... didn't really expect you to give me the title. But I did PM her... telling her I think we need to play another game of Hangman!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #700 on: September 14, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
A Tale of Two Sisters
Something strange is happening when Su-mi and her younger sister, Su-yeon, come home to their father's large but dark and somewhat foreboding house after a stay in the hospital. Their dad is taciturn and burdened, and their stepmother, Eun-joo, greets them with forced enthusiasm and more than a little sense of irritation. But that's nothing compared to what happens when bedtime rolls around.

Stylish and shocking, this visually arresting tale of family secrets and uncertain realities is based on a traditional Korean folktale. Guaranteed to have you gasping for breath with each successive scare. You'll be kept guessing until the very end of this unique and brilliant film.

It is a Korean horror movie. Anyone here familiar with this one?

Oh yes. It's an incredible film and a powerful story. More a psychological drama than a blood letting gore-fest, it chills rather then scares, but with a slow burn you won't forget easily. Don't read too much about it though as it may become difficult to avoid spoilers.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 14, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »
Thanks for the heads up... Will be sure to stay away from everything till I see it. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 18, 2011, 12:09:45 AM »
I just played a game of Hangman with my friend... found out I am getting...

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
Welcome to the Cirque du Freak, a traveling sideshow filled with magical creatures, misunderstood freaks, and the mysterious vampire, Larten Crepsley (John C. Reilly). Drawn to the dark, unpredictable world of the Cirque, 16-year-old Darren (Chris Massoglia) decides to trade in his ordinary life for a chance to become an immortal vampire. As Darren explores his newfound powers and faces unexpected enemies, he'll find that his existence as a memeber of the undead is filled with more challenges, suspense and fun than he ever thought possible. Based on the best-selling book series and co-starring Salma Hayek, Josh Hutcherson, Ken Watanabe, and Willem Dafoe, it's a fast-paced, suspenseful journey critics call, "Imaginative!" (Peter Hall, Cinematical.com)

I been wanting to see this movie for quite a while now. :)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 19, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »
Can anyone here tell me? How is the Criterion release of Armageddon? I have the original release... so this one is an upgrade.
The film doesn't get any better, even when released by Criteion :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 19, 2011, 03:15:09 PM »
That is ok... I liked the film a lot! :)
Pete