Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151549 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #525 on: March 15, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »
It's the R rated version (as you can see on the back cover) so it's highly cut. But I'm not sure if some of the cut materials would interest you anyway (of course some gore is cut, but I think you will appreciate it better without the most disburbing parts). Be warned that it's probably a VHS transfert...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 15, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »
Thanks... will be ready for it. :)
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #527 on: March 15, 2011, 04:23:53 PM »
The AWE release I have is 102:58. You're missing out on a castration scene and a... ahem... pig scene. I could've sworn I reviewed it somewhere but can't find it.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 15, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
I was under the impression the Another World Entertainment release was complete...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 05:09:11 PM by Jimmy »

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #529 on: March 15, 2011, 05:04:21 PM »
It is complete. I mean addicted2dvd will be missing out on castration and pig love. :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 19, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
Just found out about another one this morning...

French Kiss/She's The One: Double Feature
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 20, 2011, 12:14:46 AM »
Just found out about this one after a rather long game of Hangman. :P

The Bronx is Burning: The Complete Series
In the summer of 1977, New York was a city in crisis. Paralyzed by a citywide blackout, political strife and the Son of Sam killing spree, the Big Apple was burning. Rising out of this troubled urban landscape to bring hope and inspiration came one of baseball's most storied franchises, The New York Yankees. Emmy® Award-winner John Turtutto (O brother, Where Art Thou?), Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominee Oliver Platt ("The West Wing") and Daniel Sunjata ("Rescue Me") star in The Bronx Is Burning, an ESPN Original Entertainment presentation of the amazing-but-true story of how the New York Yankees single-handedly helped raise the spirits of a city in a time of darkness and uncertainty.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 22, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »
Just found out about a few more titles she is putting in this new box...

Big Trouble in Little China
Directed by thrill master John Carpenter, this edge-of-your-seat adventure stars Kurt Russell as Jack Burton, a tough-talking, wisecracking truck driver whose hum-drum life on the road takes a sudden supernatural tailspin when his best friend's fiancée is kidnapped. Speeding to the rescue, Jack finds himself deep beneath San Francisco's Chinatown, in a murky, creature-filled world ruled by Lo Pan, a 2000-year-old magician who mercilessly presides over an empire of spirits. Dodging demons and facing baffling terrors, Jack battles his way through Lo Pan's dark domain in a full-throttle, action-riddled ride to rescue the girl. Co-starring Kim Cattrall, this effects-filled sci-fi spectacle speeds to an incredible, twist-taking finish.
Alexander
Academy award winning director Oliver Stone presents a breathtaking new cut of his sweeping epic film, 'Alexander', the true story of the world's greatest warrior. Using footage never seen and dramatically reshaping dozens of scenes, he brings to life the overpowering forces and fierce personalities that forever changed history. Driven by a craving for his father's (Val Kilmer) love and the brutal ambition of his mother (Angelina Jolie), Alexander (Colin Farrell) faced massive armies in Persia, Afghanistan and India and was never defeated. "Fortune favors the bold" Stone powerfully demonstrates in this bold new film, 'Alexander Director's Cut'.
Apocalypto
From Mel Gibson, director of The Passion Of The Christ and the Academy Award®-winning Braveheart (Best Director, Best Picture, 1995) comes the thrilling historical epic Apocalypto. This intense, nonstop action-adventure transports you to an ancient Central American civilization, for an experience unlike anything you've ever known. In the twilight of the mysterious Mayan culture, young Jaguar Paw is captured and taken to the great Mayan city, where he faces a harrowing end. Driven by the power of his love for his wife and son, he makes an adrenaline-soaked, heart-racing escape to rescue them and ultimately save his way of life. Filled with unrelenting action and stunning cinematography, Apocalypto is an enthralling and unforgettable film experience.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #533 on: March 25, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
Maybe she'll stick in a copy of Sweeney Todd, too...but keep it a secret until it's arrival?  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 25, 2011, 11:19:21 PM »
 :laugh: That is about the only way it would make it into my collection!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 26, 2011, 02:09:58 AM »
I just found out about some more going into the current package...

Stigmata / Wicker Park
Stigmata
A lost soul has just received the wounds of Christ...and a shocking message that will alter history. Stunning performances by Patricia Arquette (True Romance), Gabrial Byrne (The Usual Suspects), Jonathan Pryce (Ronin) and a cutting-edge score by Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins and Elia Omiral make Stigmata "a viusual visciral feast" (Entertainment Today).

Frankie Paige (Arquette) has absolutely no faith in God. All of that changes when she suddenly begins to suffer the stigmata - the living wounds of the crucified Christ. Frankie's miraculously bleeding comes to the attention of the Vatican's top investigator, Father Kiernan (Byrne). But when Cardinal Houseman (Pryce) discovers that Frankie is actually channeling and extraordinary and provocative message that could destroy the Church, he's convinced that she - and the force possessing her - must be forever silenced. Determined to stop this deadly conspiracy, Kiernan risks his faith - and his life - to save her and the message that will change the destiny of mankind forever.

Wicker Park
Enter the torrid and treacherous world of Wicker Park where deception and seduction walk hand in hand. Starring an outstanding cast of Hollywood's hottest young stars, including Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor), Rose Byrne (Troy), Matthew Lillard (Scream), and Diane Kruger (Troy). Wicker Park is a sizzling action-packed noir thriller that will leave you breathless.

What if the woman you loved disappeared without a word? Without a trace? How far would you go to find her again? When Matthew (Hartnett) glimpses his lost love (Kruger) in a crowded café, he's determined not to lose her a second time. But determination soon turns to obsession, as Matthew finds himself on a dangerous and chilling journey, where no one is who they seem...and chance meetings with a sexy brunette (Byrne) might unravel friendships, careers...and lives.
Escape from New York
Kurt Russell (Stargate) stars in a high-velocity sci-fi action-thriller from director John Carpenter (co-written by Nick Castle) that sets the screen ablaze with heart-stopping suspense, outrageous stunts and imaginative special effects. Bristling with riveting chases and hard-hitting fight sequences, Escape From New York is your passport to nonstop excitement!

In a world ravaged by crime, the entire island of Manhattan has been converted into a prison which houses the world's most brutal inmates. And when the President of the United States (Donald Pleasence) crash lands inside, only one man can bring him back: Snake Plissken (Russell), a notorious outlaw and former Special Forces war hero who, in exchange for a full pardon, descends into the decayed city and wages a blistering war against the captors. But time is short: in 24 hours, an explosive charge planted inside Snake's body will end the mission — and his life — unless he succeeds!
Cry Blood Apache
A gang of sadistic cowboys let nothing stand in the way in their search for gold...
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 26, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
OMG! I woke up to a wonderful surprise! I have yet another DVD Care Package coming! And just let me stress the point... This is not coming from the same person that sending me the above movies. This is another kind soul of a friend of mine.

This person sent me a message late last night saying....

"Since you don't have something to watch from 2011, I'm going to send you a direct-to-DVD film that came out this year.  That way you'll be sure to have something for your marathon when you finally get to this year."

And I find out this person is sending me...

All-Star Superman
Fueled by hatred and jealousy, Lex Luthor masterminds an elaborate plot to kill the Man of Steel - and it works. Poisoned by solar radiation, Superman is dying. With weeks to live, he fulfills his life's dreams - especially revealing his true identity to Lois Lane - until Luthor proclaims his ultimate plan to control the world with no alien hero to stop him. Powers fading, Superman engages in a spectacular deadly battle with Luthor that could truly trigger the end of Earth's Greatest Protector. This startling and gripping DC Universe animated original movie stars the voice talents of James Denton, Anthony LaPaglia, Christine Hendricks and Ed Asner.

And if that isn't enough... they said...

"However, one DVD will not fill up the box, so it will contain a few other things ... likely 24 of them, if it works out the way I think it will.  I think I may leave you in suspense this time, since it won't take long for the box to get there if I get it sent out tomorrow"

So no idea what the other titles will be...  but like I told this person... What is a little torture between friends?  :laugh:

But tell me... wouldn't you guys laugh if this person put Sweeny Todd in the package? Oh well... at least if they did... it is a HORROR Musical!  :laugh:

And here I was considering slowing down a bit on the current marathon so I was sure to have one once I get to 2011... guess I don't have to now!  :yahoo:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 26, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
And it seems the Games are On!...

she messaged me a bunch of clues saying...

So there's a few hints to tantalize you.  I'm sure you'll work some of them out, perhaps with help from the folks here or over at the other forum.  If you want to guess any of them I'll let you know if you're right or wrong. 

Sets:
- 2-movie releases is likely musical in parts and involves a talented palomino
OK... Talented palomino and musical in parts... Roger maybe you can confirm... I am thinking it has something to do with Roy Rogers and Trigger. Was Trigger a Palomino... and did Roy Rogers sing?

- 2-movie release is low-budget horror from the 70's directed by someone named Andy Milligan

- the 4-movie set stars an adorable little dog
I already sent her a guess of a 4 movie set of Benji movies

- 50 set comes in a cardboard box and I've heard of the stars but not the movies (people like Yul Brynner, Lloyd Bridges, Ann Sheridan, Raymond Burr, etc.)

- 6-DVD box involves 6 serials with 72 episodes between them. 1 of which stars Gene Autry

Single Movie Releases:
- there is another low-budget horror as well, but it's from 2008 and is based on a comic book series
- speaking of comic books, another single-movie is based on an indie comic and came out last year.  you have two other films from the director already in your collection
- one is in Spanish & won 3 Oscars
- there are 2 disaster films, 1 low budget & 1 that I think actually made it to theatres*.  That one involves a bomb as the solution to the disaster.
- one is a monster movie from 2007 (or at least that's what I'd call it)
- one is a western from the year I was born & won 2 Oscars
- one is from the same writer as The Squid and the Whale
- one involves a hitman and his protegee
- one is an anime based on a video game
- one is sci-fi and stars the former governor of Minnesota
- one involves a plot to kill someone to make $$ on their posterity
- one is set during the Mexican-American War
- one is based on a novel by Ethan Hawke
- one is a rom-com made from a play and stars the original cast
- one is a lesson to never touch dirty money

2 Ep TV Show Release
- from a show on TLC, and you wouldn't want those people in your house

So what you say guys.. can you offer up any help?
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 26, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »
"one is sci-fi and stars the former governor of Minnesota"

This has to be Abraxas: Guardian of the Universe

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 26, 2011, 03:14:52 PM »
"one is sci-fi and stars the former governor of Minnesota"

This has to be Abraxas: Guardian of the Universe

Thanks Kathy!  ;D Will send it in as a guess! :)
Pete