Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151553 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #510 on: March 08, 2011, 02:34:21 PM »
*gasp* Kathy!  :o  I thought you liked me!!

:laugh:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 08, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »
:laugh:

Well you both can just start lining all the walls with shelves for your movies.  Do something like Kathy has done..shelves everywhere.

I love my shelving units. I much prefer to look up and see DVDs, books or records rather than a plain wall with nothing on it.

Plus, the cats like to climb all over them!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 14, 2011, 11:47:15 PM »
OK everyone... I can't believe I am saying this... but the wonderfully generous friend that just sent me a package with 120 DVDs just told me she started another box for me!  :o :stars: :thumbup:

So far I know about...

Petticoat Junction - 7 Hilarious Episodes
The Beverly Hillbillies creator, excutive producer Paul Henning, also invented the similarly popular Petticoat Junction.  Here, widower Kate Bradley (Bea Benaradet) ran a modest hotel called The Shady Rest with the aid of her three attractive daughters: Billie Jo (Jeannie Riley/Gunilla Hutton/Meredith MacRae).  Boby JO (Pat woodell/Lori Saunders), and Betty Jo (linda Kaye Henning), and also with the help of Kate's brother.  Uncle Joe, (Edgar Buchanan), the hotel's manager.  Not only was Kate charged with the task of running the hotel, but she kept an eye on her daughter's hetic love lives as well.

Eventually, the show spawned a spin-off called Green Acres, the setting of which was only a ways 'down the road'from Hotterville.  Due to the close proximity of settings, characters from each show would occasionally pop-up on the other series for guest appearence.

Petticoat Junction maintained its high ratings from 1963 to 1968, when they began to slip in 1968 after the untimely death of Bea Benaradet.  Her consequential replacement, June Lockhart, didn't have quite the same chemistry with the characters,  and as is often the case when well-known characters are replaced with new actors, ratings began to decline until the show's close in 1970.
Mr. Bean: The Whole Bean: Volume 1
MEET MR. BEAN

In the Golden Rose-winning pilot, Mr. Bean attempts the impossible: Passing an exam without a clue; changing on the beach without removing his trousers and, most difficult of all, staying awake in church. But that's just the beginning. Inside you'll find some of his most outrageous exploits including mayhem in his Mini, experiments in self-dentistry and a date with the Queen.

EPISODE I
MR. BEAN
THE EXAM • ON THE BEACH • THE CHURCH

EPISODE 2
THE RETURN OF MR. BEAN
THE DEPARTMENT STORE • RESTAURANT • ROYAL FILM

EPISODE 3
THE CURSE OF MR. BEAN
THE CARPARK • THE SWIMMING POOL • THE PARK BENCH • HORROR MOVIE

EPISODE 4
MR. BEAN GOES TO TOWN
TELEVISION • THE PARK • IDENTITY PARADE • CLUB PHUT • THE DISCO

EPISODE 5
THE TROUBLE WITH MR. BEAN
THE DENTIST • DRESSING IN CAR • THE PARK
Mr. Bean: The Whole Bean: Volume 2
ON HOLIDAY WITH MR. BEAN

Holidays are serious business for Mr. Bean, even when they don't work out exactly as planned. Whether he's dressing a turkey or dressed in a turkey, getting checked in or locked out, it's Mr. Bean's determination to have fun that makes every outing an adventure. Oh... and do try the oysters.

EPISODE 6
MR. BEAN RIDES AGAIN
HEART ATTACK • POSTBOX • PACKING SUITCASE • ON THE PLANE

EPISODE 7
MERRY CHRISTMAS MR. BEAN
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING (HARRODS) • CAROL SINGING • TURKEY

EPISODE 8
MR. BEAN IN ROOM 426
HOTEL - CHECKING IN • FOOD POISONING • LOCKED OUT

EPISODE 9
MIND THE BABY MR. BEAN
FUNFAIR WITH BABY • BUMPER CARS • NAPPY CHANGE • BALLOONS

EPISODE 10
DO IT YOURSELF MR. BEAN
NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY • ARMCHAIR ON CAR • DO IT YOURSELF
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #513 on: March 15, 2011, 12:07:35 AM »
Have you seen the Mr. Bean series before? Great and funny show.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 15, 2011, 12:11:11 AM »
I seen an episode here and there... but sure I haven't seen them all. What I barely remember of it I enjoyed though. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 15, 2011, 12:21:04 AM »
Actually... I just went to epguides.com... and no I never seen a single episode of Mr. Beans... because going by the episodes of the titles (and that the cases says there is a total of 14 episodes)... what I will be getting is the animated series of Mr. Beans...

... and I never seen the animated series for sure.
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 15, 2011, 12:32:01 AM »
Pete,

To me I would be fairly sure that what you have is not the animated series from your episode descriptions and the covers you have shown. Each episode in the series consisted of 3 or 4 skits.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 15, 2011, 12:40:56 AM »
Yeah... looks like 3 short skits each... though I am not sure if the animated series did the same or not. What I was going by was that the cover said there was 14 episodes in total...

It seems it is the first 2 volumes of a 3 volume set. I guess she don't have disc 3 from the boxset to send me.

Anyway... it says there is a total of 14 episodes. And according to epguides.com that is what the animated series lasted. The live action series seems to have 20 episodes according to epguides.com.
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 15, 2011, 12:45:24 AM »

Anyway... it says there is a total of 14 episodes. And according to epguides.com that is what the animated series lasted. The live action series seems to have 20 episodes according to epguides.com.

I think you'll find that the 3 episodes marked VIDEO and the 3 marked BBC1 are not included on the DVDs as they were totally separate productions outside of the series.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2011, 01:09:05 AM »
Is that what it is? OK... Cool! :)
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #520 on: March 15, 2011, 09:41:10 AM »
I wouldn't go with epguides.com on this. The episodes listed under the animated series are actually the episodes from the live-action series. Same titles and same air dates. The animated series had a lot more episodes (52). See Wikipedia.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 15, 2011, 12:12:33 PM »
Thanks Tom :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 15, 2011, 12:13:30 PM »
Here is a few more that I found out will be in the next package...

Natural Born Killers
In the media circus of life, they were the main attraction.

Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis star in director Oliver Stone's bold film that takes a look at a country seduced by fame, obsessed by crime and consumed by the media. Lovers Mickey and Mallory are also psychopaths and serial killers, driving across the country only in search of the pleasure they derive from the massacres they commit. But when the media latches onto their crime sprees, the pair achieves a type of folk-hero status.
The Mountain Men
Bill Tyler (Academy Award Winner* Charlton Heston) and Henry Frapp (Brian Keith) are THE MOUNTAIN MEN, the roughest, toughest pair of fur trappers who ever trecked across the North American wilderness. But while masters in the fields of shooting, drinking and cussing, their greatest talents lie in outrunning hostile Indians - an activity that takes up most of their time. So when they learn that their laatest traveling companion, Running Moon (Victoria Racimo), is really a chief's runaway squaw, Bill and Henry must decide what's more important; the girl or their scalps. THE MOUNTAIN MEN soon agree on the only honorable course of action - to put as much distance between Running Moon and themselves as possible.

*Best Actor in a Leading Role, Ben Hur 1959
Slave of the Cannibal God
Sergio Martino's Slave of the Cannibal God depicts an expedition in an unforgiving jungle, very graphic human and animal violence, and survival in face of cannibals.

The drop-dead gorgeous Ursula Andress leads a search party to find her lost husband. Along the way, the dreaded natives force her to strip naked, and to endure a hideous act.

The jungle scenery is incredible, and the action is extremely intense...definetly not for the faint of heart.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 15, 2011, 01:50:29 PM »
The last one is more my cup of tea than yours... But it's probably a cut release. The complete version released and remastered by Blue Underground had a running time of 103 minutes (the same version was released also by Another World entertainment in Europe and usually the quality of their releases is a little bit better than Blue Underground), just hope for you it isn't the 82 minutes version.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:00:52 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 15, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
I can't say how accurate it is till I get the disc... but DVD Profiler has it listed as 86min. Here is the back cover from DVD Profiler if it helps...

Pete