Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151619 times)

Najemikon

Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #360 on: December 07, 2010, 08:49:43 PM »
OMG... I am so glad I won today's game of Hangman! I am so extremely excited about this one!

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection
Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window, The Birds, Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt, The Trouble With Harry, Rope, Marnie, Topaz, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Torn Curtain, Frenzy and Family Plot

14 of the finest works from the universally acclaimed Master of Suspense come together for the first time in one collection.  These captivating landmark films are the genre's most enduring and spine-tingling classics and boast three decades of Hollywood legends, including James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Anthony Perkins, Sean Connery and Doris Day.  The premium packaging and collectible booklet make Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection the must-own, definitive anthology of gripping works by a true genius.

Most of the movies in this set I never seen before! So can't wait to check them out!

Now Jon will be expecting you to do an Alfred Hitchcock marathon!  :laugh:

Absolutely!  :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 07, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »
In case you missed it... I asked... how is the quality on that Alfred Hitchcock set? Has to be better then the other set I have!  :laugh:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2010, 09:40:54 PM »
If it's the same source as the Region 2 or 4 sets, then it should be fine. The Universal titles were always treated well.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 07, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »
That is good to know!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #364 on: December 08, 2010, 05:24:12 AM »
That looks like a good Hitchcock set...I think I looked at it, but I already had several of them, so I didn't get it.

Anything has to be better than the quality on that other set...I have it too.  I was able to watch the ones I've watched so far, but the quality could be loads better.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 08, 2010, 05:27:04 AM »
Not sure if it's actually the same as R2/R4, but I remember the quality of the films to be quite alright.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2010, 05:32:48 AM »
I've been forgetting to mention it here though I've been meaning to for at least a week.

Someone was nice enough to send me several westerns for my mom and stepdad...plus a few for me too. :)  I just haven't added them to profiler yet. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 08, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »
After playing Hangman with my friend today... I found out I am getting...

Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters
In 19th century China, an evil monk awakens a nest of ghoulish vampires hell-bent on devouring human life. A quartet of heroes trained in the Taoist Mao Shan school of magic and their master must use their unique powers to destroy the Vampire King and his lethal coven before it's too late. Master of the martial arts, each of the four students specializes in controlling the elements of his namesake: Rain, Lightning, Thunder and Wind.

From critically-acclaimed Hong Kong filmmaker Tsui Hark (Black Mask 2, Time and Tide, Double Team), TSUI HARK'S VAMPIRE HUNTERS is an action-packed thrill ride destined to become a martial arts/horror classic.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 09, 2010, 03:06:19 PM »
Well I just found out through a PM that another friend (at the other forum) is sending me a gift for this Holiday season! This one will be done a little differently as they do not celebrate Christmas... but something (Yule) that seems to be the celebration of the winter solstice. So she asked of me instead of opening it on Christmas morning to open it on December 21st. So I will have to keep that in mind. :)
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 09, 2010, 08:37:22 PM »
I know how disappointed you must be...having to open a present 4 days early.  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 09, 2010, 08:43:30 PM »
Oh it's a terrible thing!  :tease: Are you kidding me... I am about to tear at this gold package with my teeth!  :tease: :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 10, 2010, 10:36:14 PM »
Well I just found out through a PM that another friend (at the other forum) is sending me a gift for this Holiday season! This one will be done a little differently as they do not celebrate Christmas... but something (Yule) that seems to be the celebration of the winter solstice. So she asked of me instead of opening it on Christmas morning to open it on December 21st. So I will have to keep that in mind. :)

Another PM from the friend sending me (and my daughter) a Yule gift (to be opened on the 21st)...

You know what's in Brittany's, and I won't ... exactly ... tell you what's in yours.  However, I will tell you that there is 1 complete TV series, 12 movies, and 3 collections of movies and/or shorts.

Woohoo! I love complete series collections! And then much more! I was actually expecting something like a single movie. But wow! sending me a lot!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 10, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »
I just won another game of Hangman... found out I am getting...

Whisper
From the producers of White Noise and in the horrifying tradition of The Omen comes an unnerving tale of bone-chilling terror! Confident the ransom will be easy money, ex-con Max (Josh Holloway, Lost) kidnaps an 8-year-old boy and escapes to an eerie, deserted cabin in the woods with his fiancée (Sarah Wayne Callies, Prison Break) and two shady associates. But Max soon realizes that this is no ordinary kidnapping...and this is no ordinary child. Using haunting supernatural abilities to manipulate the minds of his captors, the boy maliciously turns them against each other in a cruel and deadly game that will have you on the edge of your seat until the very end!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 11, 2010, 11:20:50 AM »
I just counted them all... since the beginning of this year I have been given 425 DVD Releases... that is counting boxset and TV Series as 1 each. And that isn't even counting any Christmas/Yule presents where I don't know what they are yet.

A big Thank You to all the generous people that has sent me DVDs over the past year!  :bow:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #374 on: December 11, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »
 :o

That. Is. Huge.