Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151628 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #345 on: November 25, 2010, 05:08:11 PM »
I should say... even though I figured these out... I will still have a few surprises as well. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
A while back ago I said I didn't think I would have much of anything under the Christmas Tree this year... but of course I have friends that seems to know better then I do!  :laugh:

Today the UPS man showed up here with a delivery... a nice sized heavy box...

Note the empty keep case to give you an idea of the size.

In the box was a single package inside...

So... it is only the 2nd... and I already have a package to stare at all month till Christmas morning!

Though I did get some hints to help tease me about what could be in the package... the main ones being..

1. it is a DVD set
2. 1 to Ate... a code I had to decipher... but I did it!

1 = 1
to = 2
Ate = 8

1, 2, 8 = 128
I remembered just in the last few days I mentioned that I now have 127 completed series... so I asked my friend... is this Completed TV Series #128?... and the answer was a big YES!  :yahoo:

But I do believe that is the last of the hints I will get on this package now!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2010, 11:42:12 PM »
OK... this one takes some explaining...

The kind, generous friend is setting me up with another package... but instead of just telling me what she is sending me we are playing a little daily game. she picks one title from the package and we play a game of Hangman with the title... if I get it right I know the title and can have it right away. (They are all wrapped and numbered in the package) If I am wrong that number gift has to go under the tree and I don't get it (or know they title) till Christmas morning. I'm guessing there should be enough titles to last till Christmas Eve.

We have already played this little game several times... and here is what I know is coming so far...

Da Ali G Show: Da Compleet First Seazon
Already an international comedy phenomenon, the outrageous Emmy-nominated HBO Comedy Series - listed as the #3 program of the year, by The New York Times - stars British chameleon Sacha Baron Cohen. Voted a comedy break-out television star of 2003 by Entertainment Weekly, Baron Cohen travels across America in the guise of three totally different characters - "wanksta journalist, " Ali G, Kazakhstan's premier reporter, Borat and the über-cool Austrian fashionista, Brüno.

Episodes Included:

Disc One:
Episode 1 - Law
Episode 2 - War
Episode 3 - Politics

Disc Two:
Episode 4 - Art
Episode 5 - Science
Episode 6 - Belief
Da Ali G Show: Da Compleet Second Seazon
Get wiped out by the second wave of DA ALI G SHOW - the most outrageous comedy series ever to hit American shores. Once again, British comedy phenomenon Sacha Baron Cohen stirs things up in America in the guise of his three celebrated alter-egos: "wanksta" UK journalist Ali G, guileless Kazakhstani correspondent Borat, and übercool Austrian fashionsta Bruno. It's the Emmy®-nominated, BAFTA Award-winning cult classic that the New York Post dubbed "the funniest TV gets."

Episodes Included:

Disc One:
Episode 1 - Respek
Episode 2 - Rekognize
Episode 3 - Peace

Disc Two:
Episode 4 - Realize
Episode 5 - Jar
Episode 6 - Realness
Insanitarium
Jesse Metcalfe (TV's "Desperate Housewives") stars in this horrifying thriller about a man who cons his way into a mental hospital in order to break out his beloved sister. Once inside, he discovers that a doctor (Peter Stormare, Fargo) is mercilessly using his patients as lab rats and is turning them into bloodthirsty killers. Trapped inside an inescapable labyrinth, will he and his sister find a way out before the relentless cannibals hunt them down?
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
Africa's the place and Ace is on the case, setting out to rescue an animal he loathes — a bat! Jim Carrey returns as Ace, the alligator-wrasslin', elephant-calling, monkeyshining, loogie-launching, disguise-mastering pet detective. If you're ready to laugh like a pack of hyenas, if you want more fun than an industrial-sized barrel of monkeys, you know what to do. Heed the call
I Love You, Man
In this wildly funny hit comedy, Paul Rudd (Knocked Up) gets engaged to the girl of his dreams but doesn't have a single guy friend to be his Best Man until he meets the ultimate dude, Jason Segal (Forgetting Sarah Marshall). Rudd and Segal's "bromance" takes male bonding to hilarious new heights in a story that comically explores what it truly means to be a friend.
The Prestige
Award-winning actors Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Scarlett Johansson star in The Prestige, the twisting, turning story that, like all great magic tricks, stays with you. Two young, passionate magicians, Robert Angier (Jackman), a charismatic showman, and Alfred Borden (Bale), a gifted illusionist, are friends and partners until one fateful night when their biggest trick goes terribly wrong. Now the bitterest of enemies, they will stop at nothing to learn each other's secrets. As their rivalry escalates into a total obsession full of deceit and sabotage, they risk everything to become the greatest magician of all time. But nothing is as it seems, so watch closely. And be prepared to watch it again and again.

I never seen the series before... but those two sets of Da Ali G Show will complete another TV Series for me!  :thumbup:

I will be sure to give daily updates with any new ones that I find out about. Or just let you know she beat me at Hangman and I have to wait!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2010, 01:22:06 PM »
Well... my friend beat me at Hangman this morning... so I don't get to know today's title until Christmas morning.  :bag:

She beat me with a short (1 word - 5 letter) title... short words are always the hardest for me to play Hangman with! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »
Due to uncontrollable circumstances there was no Hangman game today... so we will probably play 2 tomorrow since we missed today's game.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »
Another good friend here on the site sent me a (big!) box full DVDs that arrived today Some of which wasn't in DVD Profiler's database... so I have some work ahead of me! Anyway... he sent me...

Made
Swingers co-stars Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn team up with rap superstar Sean Combs and the legendary Peter Falk ("Columbo") in this wickedly hilarious tale of two hapless guys trying their best to go bad...with criminally comic results.

Bobby (Favreau) is a would-be boxer who just wants to settle down with his stripper girlfriend (Famke Janssen).  His lifelong pal Ricky (Vaughn) is a smalltime hustler who dreams of being a mafia hotshot.  So when mob boss Max (Peter Falk) offers the two buddies temporary work as out-of-town mafia "muscle," the two friends head for New York — where Ricky's delusions of gangster grandeur plunge them both into the Big Apple's seductive underworld of stretch limos, fast women and pricey nightclubs.  But when Ricky's bumbling attempts to look like a "made" man ignite a dangerous confrontation with a rival gang lord, it becomes apparent that for these two not-so-goodfellas, crime definitely doesn't pay...and it could end up costing them big time!
Syriana
Big oil means big money. Very big money. And that fact unleashes corruption that stretches from Houston to Washington to the Mideast - and ensnares industrialists, princes, spies, politicos, oilfield laborers and terrorists in a deadly, deceptive web of move and countermove.

George Clooney (Academy Award®* and Golden Globe® winner as Best Supporting Actor), Matt Damon and Jeffrey Wright lead a stellar cast in a lightning-paced, whip-smart thriller written and directed by Traffic Academy Award® winner** Stephen Gaghan. From it's very first scene, Syriana grips your mind and nerves with an intensity that doesn't let go for an instant. What is the price of oil? This "engrossing, insider's tour of the world's hottest spots, grandest schemes and most dangerous men" (Richard Corliss, Time) has a jolting answer.

**2000: Best Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published.
Hearts Afire: The Complete First Season
Beloved funnyman John Ritter and Night Court's Markie Post heat up the screen in this irresistible TV comedy!  One of the best series of the '90s, HEARTS AFIRE ignites laughter with its sizzling chemistry, razor-sharp dialogue and stellar cast, including the Oscar-winning Billy Bob Thornton as Ritter's best friend.

Set in Washington, D.C., Ritter is John Hartman, a senator's aide and divorced dad who lives and works strictly by the book…except when it comes to brand-new press secretary Georgie Lahti (Post), a sassy, risk-taking rebel.  They couldn't be more different, yet when the sparks fly, a passionate romance develops that changes their lives.  Adding to the craziness, the couple must cope with Lahti's ex-con dad (Ed Asner), Billy Bob's estranged wife (Wendie Jo Sperber), Bosom Buddies) and their slightly scatterbrained boss (George Gaynes, Tootise).  Includes all 23 episodes of this warm and witty series' unforgettable first season.
Hearts Afire: The Complete Second Season
Newlyweds John and Georgie Anne abandon bit city politics for the craziness of small-town life in this irresistable TV comedy! Helped out by John's best friend, the couple attempts to revive the local paper. Adding to the mayhem is the incredible supportig cast, including the diminutive, but big-talking Lonnie and the cynical, sharp-tongued Madeline.
Hearts Afire: The Complete Third Season
The hilarious combination of John Ritter, Night Court's Markie Post and Billy Bob Thornton fuels this warm and witty television series about the ups and downs of small-town life from the creator of Designing Women! John and Georgie Anne Hartman (Ritter and Post) keep the sparks burning at home and at work as they run the local newspaper with the help of John's best friend, Billy Bob, cynical advice columnist Madeline (Conchata Ferrell, Two and a Half Men) and neurotic printer Lonnie (Leslie Jordan, Will & Grace). Don't miss the final season with 14 episodes of memorable misadventures, including one unaired episode!
Our Gang Story
Join all your favorites -- Spanky, Buckwheat, Alfalfa, Darla, Butch, Froggy, and more in a jam-packed special covering more than twenty years and 200 episodes of Hal Roach's inimitable brand of childhood magic.  This fascinating video offers insite into the Gang's personal lives, as rare footage follows each member's career through the joys and misfortunes that went along with being one of America's most beloved kids.  See how this series began in 1922 and changed after the first all talking release in 1929.  Why Shirley Temple and Mickey Rooney never made the Gang.  A fifteenth aniversary reunion, and clips from their only feature.
Ally McBeal
Enjoy the wisdom of Ally on all her favorite subjects.

Includes:

Disc 1 - Relationships and Dating

Pilot: Ally's childhood sweetheart, Billy, and his gorgeous, gifted attorney wife (Georgia), now work at the same law firm as Ally. To top that indignity, Ally loses her first case.

The Attitude: Ally rules out a handsome D.A. as a potential romantic interest when he gets a blob of salad dressing on his chin.

Cro-Magnon: Ally dates a nude model and then begins to see the now-famous "dancing baby." Are her hormones trying to tell her something?

Silver Bells: Ally gets a case involving a threesome seeking a legal marriage. Then, Georgia insists that she, Ally and Billy discuss their own three-way relationship.

Disc 2 - Therapy

Theme Of Life: Ally's unorthodox new therapist Tracy (Tracey Ullman) advises her to kickbox with Georgia and get a theme song.

The Playing Field: Ally tries to follow Tracy's advice and get rid of the dancing baby, but she kicks a "little person" instead!

Also includes a "Searchin' My Soul" music video by Vonda Shepard and a preview of "Ally McBeal: The Official Guide."
Reckless + Wild
Frances is the ultimate L.A. party girl who lives for the Hollywood scene. Lily is in town for a wedding to hook up with the man of her dreams. When they lose the wedding invitation, they go on an after-hours search through late night Hollywood as they hop from club to club, party to party and boy to boy!
Romper Stomper
Those who saw Russell Crowe's mesmerizing star turn in Gladiator will be blown away by his breakthrough performance in Romper Stomper. Crowe plays the confused yet charismatic leader of a rowdy gang of skinheads, showcasing his undeniable power as an actor.

The controversial film drew rave reviews for its visceral look at how the seeds of racial hatred, fueled by fear and paranoia, can explode into raw violence. Winner of three Australian Film Institute Awards, including Best Actor for Crowe, Romper Stomper is "exhilarating and utterly brilliant" (Preview Magazine).
Code Hunter
The hottest sex, the coolest technology, the most extreme adventure you've ever experienced. Anything's possible in SHOCK, the ultimate reality challenge.

America's best player is being pulled in to the ultimate cyber-terror. The game's mastermind has stolen his identity, put him on the FBI's most wanted list, and is blackmailing him to take part in a real twisted plan of world destruction.

With just hours left, can the code be broken to save the world from total annihilation?
Hong Kong 1941
With a powerful ensemble cast including Chow Yun-fat (Anna and the King, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and acclaimed actress Cecilia Yip-tong, director Leong Po-chi delivers a hard-hitting drama portraying the lives of three young friends as they struggle to fulfill their dreams when faced with the physical terrors of war.

Set against a backdrop of the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong from 1941 to 1945, this highly acclaimed film reveals the harrowing effects of a conflict that shattered the dreams of a nation during almost four years of bitter repression.

A story told with breathtaking cinematography and compelling characters, the riviting action and striking moral undertones of HONG KONG 1941 celebrate the resilience of the human spirit.
Con Express
TWO COLD WAR RIVALS IN HOT PURSUIT..

A hotheaded Alaskan customs agent [ Sean Patrick Flanery ] unwittingly teams up with a coldhearted but beautiful Soviet agent [ Ursula Karven ] to capture a rogue Russian general [ Arnold Vosloo ] selling a shipment of deadly nerve gas..

Tensions and passions spin out of control after two agents are left for dead and they must combine forces to survive . They have one chance left to take out the General and destroy the Apocalypse in can nerve agent, both speeding toward freedom on a runaway mountain train. Unexpected twists and terrifying turns along the way put everyone on a collision course for explosive action, pulse- pounding thrills and a devastating betrayal of trust...
Paparazzi
Action film superstar Bo Laramie (Cole Hauser) seems to have it all - a beautiful wife, an adoring son and a Malibu beach house. But his fame also makes him the target of story-seeking photographers who want to exploit his private life. Led by "superstar" photographer Rex Harper (Tom Sizemore), the paparazzi become increasingly relentless, until one night Bo and his family are blindsided and nearly killed by a quartet of sleazy shutterbugs. And when they continue to target his wife and child, the enraged superstar begins a rampage of vengeance,
Dinner with Friends
From the director of "Moonstruck" comes a movie about food, fun and infidelity.

Gabe and Karen. Beth and Tom. Four close  friends, two great couples. Married for 12 years, they planned on eating, drinking and parenting their way into old age together.

But when Gabe and Karen host a dinner to try out some new recipes on their best friends, only one arrives bearing news that will test their friendship and even test their marriage.

When a close friend leaves his wife for another women, whose side do you take? Is he deserting his family? Has she been sabotaging their relationship all these years? Life can be funny, but not as funny, frustrating or unexpected as simply having DINNER WITH FRIENDS.
Ronin
In a world where loyalties are easily abandoned and allegiances can be bought, a new and deadlier terrorist threat has emerged – free-agent killers! Featuring "high-octane action" (Gene Shalit, "Today"), a "first-rate cast" (L.A. Daily News) and exhilarating car chases that "are nothing short of sensational" (The New York Times), Ronin is "the real deal in action fireworks" (Rolling Stone) directed by "a master of intelligent thrillers" (Roger Ebert).

The Cold War may be over, but a new world order keeps a group of covert mercenaries employed by the highest bidder. These operatives, known as "Ronin," are assembled in France by a mysterious client for a seemingly routine mission: steal a top-secret briefcase. But the simple task soon proves explosive, as other underworld organizations vie for the same prize...and to get the job done, the members of Ronin must do something they've never done before – trust each other!
The Cutting Edge
Moira Kelly (Dangerous Beauty, "The West Wing") and D. B. Sweeney (Roommates, Memphis Belle) star as polar opposites who unite on the ice for a shot at Olympic gold in this inspirational romantic comedy from acclaimed director Paul M. Glaser (The Running Man). Brimming with wit, charm and plenty of breathtaking sports action, The Cutting Edge is a real winner!

She's a rich and refined pairs figure skater whose prima donna attitude has her skating solo. He's a brash, blue-collar hockey champion with a new injury and no future. With nothing in common but their dream of reaching the Olympics, Kate and Doug are each other's last resort. Reluctantly, they join forces, but its not long before the barbs — and sparks — start flying as the unlikely pair skate towards the opportunity of a lifetime: a chance at a medal...and a chance at love.
Hart's War
Bruce Willis stars as an imprisoned officer who refuses to give up his fight to defeat the Nazis in this "absorbing" (Roger Ebert) WWII adventure. Co-starring Colin Farrell (Minority Report) and packed with "crisp action sequences" (Los Angeles Times), Hart's War  is a powerful and "stirring tribute to soldierly courage and honor" (L.A. Daily News).

When Col. McNamara (Willis) is stripped of his freedom in a German POW camp, he's determined to keep on fighting – even from behind enemy lines. Enlisting the help of a young lieutenant (Farrell) in a brilliant plot against his captors, McNamara risks everything on a mission to free his men…and change the outcome of the war.
The Monster That Challenged the World / IT! The Terror From Beyond Space
The Monster That Challenged The World

Creeping dread!  Crawling terror!  Oozing fear!  The local beaches go from fun-filled to horrifying slugfest when a horde of gargantuan vampire snails ooze their way into the water supply – and threaten to suck the life out of mankind!  Packed with nerve-jangling "suspense and excitement" (Variety), this slimy sci-fi thriller delivers "superior monster aciton" (VideoHound's Movie Guide) that'll pull the most hardened sci-fi cynic right out of his shell!

It! TheTerror From Beyond Space

Too terrifying to even have a name, "It" is a seemingly invincible monster that is hellbent on killing everybody on a mission to Mars. "A Martian by birth and Frankenstein by instinct" (Variety), this life-devouring alien brushes aside bullets and even nuclear blasts – making it the deadliest cold war-style invader ever to hit the silver screen.
Fahrenheit 9/11
In the most provocative film of the year, Academy Award winner Michael Moore presents a searing examination of the role played by money and oil in the wake of the tragic events of 9/11. Michael Moore blends captivating and thought-provoking footage with revealing interviews while balancing it all with his own brand of humor and satire.
Glory
The heart-stopping story of the first black regiment to fight for the North in the Civil War. Glory stars Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Cary Elwes and Morgan Freeman. Broderick and Elwes are the idealistic young Bostonians who lead the regiment; Freeman is the inspirational sergeant who unites the troops; and Denzel Washington, in an Oscar winning performance (1989, Supporting Actor), is the runaway slave who embodies the indomitable spirit of the 54th Regiment of Massachusetts
Legends of the Fall
Set in the Rocky Mountains of Montana in the early 1900s, this is a tale of love, betrayal, and brotherhood. After being discharged, Colonel Ludlow decides to raise his three sons in the wilds of Montana, where they can grow up away from the government and society he has learned to dispise. The three brothers mature and seem to have an unbreakable bond, until Susanna enters their lives. When Samuel, the youngest of the three, returns from college he brings with him his beautiful fiance, Susanna. The eldest son, Alfred, soon finds himself in love with his brother's fiance, and things get worse when he discovers a growing passion between Susanna and Tristan. Colonel Ludlow's favorite son, Tristan is willful and as wild as the mountains. As the brothers set out to fight a war in Europe, suspicion and jelousy threatens to tear apart their once indestructable bond.
In the Kingdom of the Blind, the Man with One Eye is King
An intense psychological drama with an all-star cast, IN THE KINGDOM OF THE BLIND, THE MAN WITH ONE EYE IS KING is a story of family loyalty, betrayal and redemption.

Police detective AL Scarano's idyllic lifestyle is suddenly jarred one night when he receives a telephone call from mobster Tony C beckoning him to New York's little Italy. The brother of a Mafia boss has been killed in his own home and AL's help. Despite the desparate pleas of his wife Jeanna, Al decides to risk his own life in order to save his wayward brother.

This powerfully acted film stars Michael Biehn, Leo Rossi, William Peterson, Paul Winfield, Kristian Alfonso, Nick Vallelonga, Khalil Kain, Michael Cavaleiri, Quinn Duffy, and James Quarter.
Fearless
San Francisco architect Max Klein can see clearly now. He's been transformed ever since he stared death in the face - and discovered he was unafraid.

Peter Weir (Witness) directs Fearless, the vivid story of how a near-death experience impacts the lives of three people. Jeff Bridges plays Max, more wildly alive and taking more risks than ever since surviving a plane crash. Isabella Rossellini is Laura, struggling to find in Max the man she married. And Rosie Perez, 1993 Academy Award™ nominee and Los Angeles, Boston and Chicago Film Critics Award winner as Best Supporting Actress, is fellow crash survivor Carla: alive, yet devastated by a grievous loss. It seems that no one can heal her pain. But then she meets the one person who fearlessly knows how.
Fire Down Below
In the peaceful Appalachian hills of Jackson, Kentucky, the earth burns. The toxins being dumped into abandoned mines could turn Jackson into a wasteland if no one stops it. EPA Marshal Jack Taggert will.

Steven Seagal is Taggert in Fire Down Below, a thunderous eco-thriller that also stars Marg Helgenberger, Harry Dean Stanton, Stephen Lang and Kris Kristofferson and music notables Levon Helm and Randy Travis in key roles. Taggert's job is to ferret out those responsible for poisoning the land. When thugs try to take him out of the action, Taggert takes on another line of work. He's in the butt-kicking business. Business is good.
Romeo Must Die
They've got the weapons. They've got the posses. And they've got no chance against former Hong Kong cop Han Sing. Gravity-warping martial arts, cool visual effects and an all-star music track combine in this revved-up action movie from producer Joel Silver (The Matrix) and starring Jet Li (Lethal Weapon 4) in his first english-language lead role. Li plays rough-and-ready Han, who shares an attraction with Trish O'Day (screen-debuting songstress Aaliyah) even though their families are rivals in a fierce Oakland turf battle. The two also share plenty of danger as they try to find the real cause of the blood feud. No gun, no posse? No problem. With Jet Li going to war as only he can, Romeo Must Die is alive and kicking.
Get Carter
Ask Las Vegas resident Jack Carter what he does for a living, and he'll explain he's a "financial adjuster." Pay what you owe. Or Carter will adjust your arm, nose or spleen.

Plenty of adjusting awaits, including a change in Carter's own sense of honor and family–when Sylvester Stallone plays hard-edged, Carter in this sleek action thriller, co-starring Miranda Richardson, Rachael Leigh Cook, Alan Cumming, Mickey Rourke and Michael Caine (who headlined the 1971 version of Get Carter). Vegas muscle and glitz meets dot-com, triple-latte Seattle, as Carter prowls to smoke out his brother's killer. Thugs and killers may see Carter coming. But it's already too late to get out of his way.
Proof of Life
Alice Bowman is world-traveled and savvy but nothing could prepare her for this.  Rebels in a politically volatile Latin American country have kidnapped her husband for ransom.  The asking price: $3 million.

Meg Ryan plays Alice and Russell Crowe is Terry Thorne, the hostage retrieval expert who becomes Alice's only hope in navigating a high-stakes game where terrorists value money over life, in this suspense-packed film named one of the year's 10-best films by Time.  Taylor Hackford directs, steadily tightening the emotional vise as Terry and Alice try to smoke out the perpetrators and rescue Alice's husband (David Morse)... and as both confront the gnawing awareness that they're attracted to each other.  Taut, thought-provoking and terrific, Proof Of Life is gripping proof that the romantic thriller is forcefully alive.
The Pledge
The murder suspect confessed, then took his own life. Case closed? Not for Nevada homicide cop Jerry Black. He has his own instincts about the crime. And even though he's ready to begin a gone-fishin' early retirement, he promised the victim's family he'd find the killer.

Jack Nicholson (as Jerry) heads an all-star cast (Robin Wright Penn, Aaron Eckhart, Benicio Del Toro and more) in the gripping tale of a detective, driven to seek the truth…and driven into the darker reaches of his own mind by obsession. Sean Penn (who previously guided Nicholson in "The Crossing Guard") directs, shaping sharp portrayals, crisp detail and a mounting sense of dread into a thriller both unconventional and unforgettable.
Driven
The on-track excitement and off-track romantic pursuits of race-car drivers form the revved-up heart of Driven, starring and written by Sylvester Stallone.

He plays a talented veteran driver who confronts the lost potential of his past when called out of retirement to mentor a talented but unfocused rookie contender (Kip Pardue), whose destructive behavior includes pursuing the girlfriend (Estella Warren) of his primary racing rival (Til Schweiger), Stallone's Cliffhanger collaborator Renny Harlin directs, shooting many scenes at CART races around the world and using state-of-the-art technology to give viewers a strapped-in simulation of the driver's point of view. Start your engines!
Femme Fatale
A $10-million diamond ripoff, a stolen identity, a new life married to a diplomat. Laure Ash has risked big, won big. But then a tabloid shutterbug snaps her picture in Paris. Suddenly, enemies from Laure's secret past know who and where she is. And they all want their share of the diamond heist. Or her life. Or both.

Brian De Palma shows again why he's an erotic thriller master with this edgy mind-blower that's both a gripping stunner and a twisty display of virtuoso filmmaking. Rebecca Romijn-Stamos plays Laure, a self-admitted "bad girl"...and about to get worse as she ensnares the photog (Antonio Banderas) in her web of self-preservation. An irresistible mix of style and story, Femme Fatale will utterly seduce you.
Buck Rogers
An action-packed science fiction serial in 12 chapters. Preserved in a state of suspended animation for 500 years, Buck Rogers and young Buddy Wade are brought back to life by future Earth Scientists. They awaken in the year 2500 A.D. and planet Earth is in a state of emergency being ruled by Killer Kane and his super gangsters. Earth is in dire need of rescuing and Buck and Buddy solicit the help of the planet Saturn to rid the Universe of this sinister tyrant. Thus, the spectacular intergalactic battles begin. Will the universe be saved from his sinister tyrant?
Terry and the Pirates
Of all the early radio shows adopted from the classic newspaper comic pages in the '30s and '40s, none was more intriguing or exciting than the action-packed tales of Terry and the Pirates. Columbia Pictures brought Terry and the Pirates to the screen in fifteen thrill-packed episodes in 1940 featuring an excellent cast of screen favorites. Directed in a style that combined action and considerable comedy, director James W. Horne led the cast in an adventure that centered around the discovery of a vast hidden treasure. Along the treacherous 15-episode route we have contacts with mysterious "Tiger Men," a savage gorilla, exploding ammunition sheds and countless other thrills that totally captivated Saturday matinee audiences week after week.
Secret Agent X-9
Secret Agent X-9 the heroic G-man who thrilled millions in the famous newspaper cartoon strip, written by Charles Flanders, now battles his way through 12 nerve-tingling chapters on the screen! This classic cliffhanger is based on original characters created by Dashiell Hammett (writer of the comic book) and was released by Universal Studios. In this 12-chapter serial Agent X-9 and his sidekick Shara Braustark try to catch the gang of thieves that have stolen the European monarchy's crown jewels.

CHAPTERS:
01 - "The Modern Pirates"
02 - "The Ray That Blinds"
03 - "The Man of Many Faces"
04 - "The Listening Shadow"
05 - "False Fires"
06 - "The Dragnet"
07 - "Sealed Lips"
08 - "Exhibit A"
09 - "The Masquerader"
10 - "The Forced Lie"
11 - "The Enemy Camp"
12 - "Crime Does Not Pay"
Secret Agent X-9
Based on the comic strip by artist Alex Raymond and writer Dashiell Hammett.
International agents join forces to stop the Nazis from acquiring the formula for synthetic fuel. Lloyd Bridges stars as agent X-9 in this action packed serial. This was the last comic strip inspired serial released by Universal and the second Secret Agent X-9 film based on the same comic strip by Dashiell Hammett and Alex Raymond. The plot line is different from the 1937 version; however, the characters are similar.

CHAPTERS:
01 - "Torpedo Rendezvour
02 - "Flaming Lake"
03 - "Death Curve"
04 - "Floodlight Murder"
05 - "Doom - Downgrade"
06 - "Strafed by a Zero"
07 - "High Pressure Deadline"
08 - "Dropping Floor"
09 - "Danger Point"
10 - "Japanese Burial"
11 - "Fireworks for Deadmen"
12 - "Big Gun Fusillade"
13 - "Zero Minute"
The Master Key

To Die, To Sleep
Phil has everything a teenager could want - money, fancy wheels and parents who are never home. What he wants is to kill himself.

All he needs is a reason to live. Can Damar provide it, or will his past find him out?
Red Surf
Most surfer dudes come off as clean-cut types, but not the two surfer lead men in this film. Involved in drug trading, these guys go after a major deal that turns sour when a friend wisens the narcs to their exploits.
Heat
Ex-mercenary Nick Escalante (Burt Reynolds), a hard-hitting man with dreams of a better life, slowly walks the neon-lit streets of Las Vegas. He's a loner in a ruthless city, where life itself can become a deadly gamble. Like so many others in town. Nick is held prisoner by his crippling compulsion – working the casinos. When his ex-girlfriend turns up beaten and asking for his help, Nick swears revenge on her attacker – the son of a notorious mobster. A trained expert able to change even a credit card into a lethal weapon, Nick meticulously plots his retaliation, ultimately turning the unsuspecting city into a raging battle zone.
Orange County
Rising young stars Colin Hanks and Schuyler Fisk head up an outstanding cast including Jack Black (Shallow Hal), Catherine O'Hara (Home Alone), John Lithgow (3rd Rock From the Sun), Harold Ramis and Lily Tomlin in this outrageous coming-of-age comedy.

Shaun Brumder (Hanks) is content to be a bright, talented, but unfocused Southern California surf slacker – until the day he discovers a novel by acclaimed author Martin Skinner. Inspired, he suddenly realizes his life's ambition: to leave behind mind-numbing Orange County and study creative writing with Skinner at Stanford University. But after being denied enrollment due to an admissions error, Shaun is forced to seek help not only from his girlfriend Ashley (Fisk) but also his hopelessly dysfunctional parents (O'Hara & Lithgow), stoner brother Lance (Black), and a host of hilarious circumstances to make his dream of escaping his hometown nightmare a reality.
Enemy at the Gates
An all-star cast lights up the screen in this riveting epic hailed as "a vivid dramatization of one of history's titanic turning points." (Gene Shalit, TODAY)

The year is 1942 and the Nazis are cutting a deadly swath through Russia. Under the leadership of Kruschev (Bob Hoskins), the citizens of Stalingrad are mounting a brave resistance, spurred by the exploits of their local hero, Vassili Zaitsev (Jude Law). An expert sniper, Vassili's deeds have become legendary—thanks to propaganda produced by Vassili's best friend, a political officer named Danilov (Joseph Fiennes). To stop Vassili, the Germans dispatch their best sniper, Major Konig (Ed Harris), to Stalingrad. When Vassili and Danilov both fall in love with a beautiful soldier (Rachel Weisz), Danilov deserts his friend, leaving Vassili to face his German counterpart alone. As the city burns, Vassili and Konig begin a cunning game of cat and mouse, waging a private war for courage, honor and country.
Collateral
Vincent (Tom Cruise) is a cool, calculating contract killer at the top of his game. Max (Jamie Foxx) is a cabbie with big dreams and little to show for it. Now, Max has to transport Vincent on his next job – one night, five stops, five hits and a getaway. And after this fateful night, neither man will ever be the same again. Tonight everything is changing...
The Virgin of Juarez
While on assignment, Los Angeles based reporter Karina Danes (Minnie Driver) meets Mariela (Ana Claudia Talancón), a rare survivor of one of the vicious attacks taking place in the border town of Cuidad Juarez. During her recovery, Mariela sees visions of the Virgin Mary and experiences the phenomenon of stigmata. Mariela and her story soon draw a devout following, and her sermons galvanize a public in need of hope.

Based on the ongoing unsolved murders in Cuidad Juarez, The Virgin of Juarez connects issues of politics, fanaticism and religion with murder and violence in Mexico and East L.A.
Go Fish
It's a full house when the Johnson family siblings reunite for a weekend in this heart wrenching drama. There’s Sammy (Polly W. LePort), a diner waitress struggling to make ends meet. Her brother Richard (Michael Maguire) is powerful L.A. lawyer with an uptight, high society wife (Kristen Shaw). Another brother, Alan (George LePort) is a poker-faced drifter with a checkered past and a wild new girlfriend, Karman (Ara Celi).

After their mother's death, they all gather at the family cabin to put aside their differences and choose who will take care of Timmy (Donnie Jarman), their mentally challenged brother. Over the course of the weekend, they share stories, uncover secrets, reconcile with the past and decide their future.
Feeling Minnesota
Brotherly love takes a beating in this wickedly funny romance starring Keanu Reeves (The Matrix), Vincent D'Onfrio (Men in Black), and Cameron Diaz (There's Something About Mary).

Jjaks is a drifter who has come home for his brother's wedding. But when he steals the bride, the bonds of brotherhood are cut forever. Now the groom is gunning for revenge and the runaway couple is in for a hell of a honeymoon.

With music by Spearhead, The Replacements, Bob Dylan, Nancy Sinatra and more, Feeling Minnesota is one of the hippest movies of the year. Watch for the all-star supporting cast including Courtney Love, Delroy Lindo and Dan Aykroyd!
I Am Sam
Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer give career-defining performances in this humorous and heartwarming story about a mentally challenged father who enlists the aid of a high-powered attorney to help him regain the custody of his daughter. An all-star supporting cast and a spectacular soundtrack complete this unforgettable story of life, love and laughter!
Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics
This original DC COMICS documentary is the first of its kind: a compelling look at the company that created the modern super hero, produced with unprecedented access to the archives of Warner Bros. and DC Comics. Both a celebration of the best writers and artists in comics and a thoughtful exploration of seventy-five years of DC Comics history, SECRET ORIGIN combines insights from respected historians; interviews with some of the most influential comic book creators in history; and experts from comics, films, and television shows to bring the story of DC Comics to life in vivid and unexpected ways.

And the ones that were not in the database yet...

- The Stockard Channing Show
This 2 disc set has not one... but 2 complete series that starred Stockard Channing. It includes...The Stockard Channing Show as well as Just Friends.
- The Tiger Woman (AKA The Perils of Darkest Jungle)
- The Toll Gate
- The Secret Code
- Gang Busters
- Mysterious Island
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #351 on: December 07, 2010, 02:01:46 AM »
I'm glad you got them, Pete, and I hope you enjoy them.  Some of them I got from another member and I just ultimately decided they aren't quite the kind of film that really appeal to me.  A couple of those serials were done up by individuals so you may not find them anywhere.  I'm surprised that Stockard Channing one was nowhere to be found, though.  The Toll Gate is a silent western starring William S. Hart and was just sent to me recently as a Christmas gift from another online friend who knows I enjoy westerns...but I already had a copy of that film (another edition, from Kino) so I thought Pete might enjoy that one.  I sent you the Ally McBeal "sampler" of episodes from the first season because I am considering purchasing a complete series set of that one.  I've always enjoyed that series.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 07, 2010, 02:06:07 AM »
I really appreciate them Roger! Looking forward to checking them out! I was surprised that the Stockard Channing set is actually 2 different Complete Series that she starred in. I was also surprised you gave up the series Hearts Afire... It has been a long time since I seen it... but remember really enjoying it at the time. :)
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #353 on: December 07, 2010, 02:20:11 AM »
Hearts Afire is just one of those shows that, for some reason, I never really got into.  Yet I did like John Ritter and Markie Post in other things.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 07, 2010, 03:13:59 PM »
OMG... I am so glad I won today's game of Hangman! I am so extremely excited about this one!

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection
Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window, The Birds, Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt, The Trouble With Harry, Rope, Marnie, Topaz, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Torn Curtain, Frenzy and Family Plot

14 of the finest works from the universally acclaimed Master of Suspense come together for the first time in one collection.  These captivating landmark films are the genre's most enduring and spine-tingling classics and boast three decades of Hollywood legends, including James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Anthony Perkins, Sean Connery and Doris Day.  The premium packaging and collectible booklet make Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection the must-own, definitive anthology of gripping works by a true genius.

Most of the movies in this set I never seen before! So can't wait to check them out!
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 07, 2010, 03:15:59 PM »
OMG... I am so glad I won today's game of Hangman! I am so extremely excited about this one!

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection
Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window, The Birds, Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt, The Trouble With Harry, Rope, Marnie, Topaz, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Torn Curtain, Frenzy and Family Plot

14 of the finest works from the universally acclaimed Master of Suspense come together for the first time in one collection.  These captivating landmark films are the genre's most enduring and spine-tingling classics and boast three decades of Hollywood legends, including James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Anthony Perkins, Sean Connery and Doris Day.  The premium packaging and collectible booklet make Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection the must-own, definitive anthology of gripping works by a true genius.

Most of the movies in this set I never seen before! So can't wait to check them out!

Now Jon will be expecting you to do an Alfred Hitchcock marathon!  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 07, 2010, 03:22:48 PM »
At least I will have some good titles to do one with now!  :yahoo:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 07, 2010, 03:46:11 PM »
It's the same Hitchcock set I have! I find it to be a good collection which you should enjoy as well.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 07, 2010, 04:10:12 PM »
After downloading the profiles... I must admit... it looks like a great set... how is the A/V quality?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 07, 2010, 04:12:24 PM »
Due to uncontrollable circumstances we couldn't play our daily game of Hangman yesterday... so today we got to play 2 games! And yes... I won again! Another movie I never seen...

Gosford Park
The Academy Award® winner for Best Original Screenplay, Gosford Park is a whodunit as only director Robert Altman could do it. As a hunting party gathers at the country estate, no one is aware that before the weekend is over, someone will be murdered – twice! The police are baffled but the all-seeing, all-hearing servants know that almost everyone had a motive.

This critically-acclaimed murder mystery features a who's who of celebrated actors. With a diverse cast of characters – all with something to hide – it'll keep you guessing right to the surprising end. Gosford Park proves that murder can be such an inconvenience.

Has anyone seen this one?... Any good?
Pete