Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 146559 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #735 on: October 18, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »
Found out about a few more I will be getting...

Foxworthy's Big Night Out

Clerks: Uncensored

1st & Ten: Complete Collection
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 26, 2011, 05:11:06 PM »
I found out recently that I will be getting more movies from my very generous friend that usually sends big packages! So far I found out I will be getting...

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
You know legendary maniacs Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers and Freddy Krueger. Now meet Leslie Vernon, the next great psycho-slasher. Nathan Baesel of INVASION stars as Vernon, a good-natured killing machine who invites a documentary film crew to follow him as he reminisces with his murder mentor (Scott Wilson of IN COLD BLOOD), evades his psychiatrist/nemesis (Robert Englund of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET), deconstructs Freudian symbolism, and meticulously plots his upcoming slaughter spree. But when the actual carnage begins, where do you draw the line between voyeuristic thrills, mythic evil, and good old-fashioned slasher movie mayhem? Angela Goethals (24) and Zelda Rubinstein (POLTERGEIST) co-stars in this ingeniously twisted and award-winning shocker that Film Threat hails as "a masterpiece...".
Doom
A frantic call for help from a remote research station on Mars sends a team of mercenary Marines into action. Led by The Rock and Karl Urban, they descend into the Olduvai Research Station, where they find a legion of nightmarish creatures, lurking in the darkness, killing at will. Once there, the Marines must use an arsenal of firepower to carry out their mission: nothing gets out alive. Based on the hugely popular video game, DOOM is an explosive action-packed thrill ride!
Infamous
1959. Manhattan was a party, and none of the gliterrati glittered brighter than Truman Capote. Then he saw a story in 'The New York Times': "Wealthy Farmer, 3 of Family Slain," and the party ended for Capote. He plunged into the murder case that inspired his great "nonfiction novel" 'In Cold Blood' and led him into a fevered relationship with one of the two doomed killers. But there's more to the story than you know.

Toby Jones (as Capote) leads Sandra Bullock, Daniel Craig, Sigourney Weaver and many more stars in a witty, moving and astonishing tale of obsession. What happened to the extraordinary literary talent that burned within Truman Capote? The answer may be found in a story at once famous and 'Infamous'.

As well as one that is not in the database to do as I did above... O.G. Rider: Lowrider Car Shows & Street Scenes.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 26, 2011, 06:15:05 PM »
She doesn't think you have enough unwatched movies :laugh:

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #738 on: October 26, 2011, 06:16:24 PM »
Behind the Mask is phenomenal. Very original and fun all the way through.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 26, 2011, 06:35:25 PM »
...So far...

:o

I'm with Jimmy...no more DVDs until you've made a dent in your Unwatched pile!  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 26, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »
 :laugh: Just going by past experience! And I am working on them! just right now I am working more on my unwatched TV Series then I am my Unwatched Movies. And then I am still working on them as well. But there is only so many hours in the day! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 26, 2011, 07:12:34 PM »
Behind the Mask is phenomenal. Very original and fun all the way through.

Looking forward to this one. Another friend of mine raves about it. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 27, 2011, 11:02:19 AM »
I just found out I will also be getting (from 2 different people)...

Rambo
The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by missionaries to protect them during a humanitarian aid effort on behalf of the persecuted Karen people of Burma. After the missionaries are taken prisoner by Burmese soldiers, Rambo gets a second impossible job: rescue the missionaries in the midst of a civil war.
Father of the Pride: The Complete Series
"FAST, WITTY AND ABOVE ALL SHOWY" (New York Times), this series isn't just another innovative, gorgeously animated CGI TV comedy about a family of white lions who live in Las Vegas and work for Siegfried and Roy. It's a wildly original take on everything from show business to alternative lifestyles, racial prejudice, drug rehab, women's empowerment and whether it's okay to murder your zebra neighbor to replace a ruined animal rug.

The family is headed up by Larry (John Goodman), the speak-before-you-think white lion who just wants to sit on his couch, watch TV and be left alone. He's helped and hindered by his wife Kate (Cheryl Hines), best friend Snack the Gopher (Orlando Jones) and father-in-law Sarmoti (Carl Reiner), the aging lion who fancies himself the feline member of The Rat Pack. The chaos is presided over by Siegfried and Roy (Julian Holloway and David Herman), the most absurd and "hysterical" (Ain't It Cool News) characters to appear on television in a long time. People's Choice Award nominee Father of the Pride is "wickedly funny" (The Hollywood Reporter) and "a roaring good time!" (Houston Chronicle)

I am really looking forward to Rambo... as it co-stars Julie Benz. While I have many of her TV Shows... I have very few movies with her.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 27, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »
More from my generous friend that usually sends those big packages...

Angel of Death
Starring Academy Award® winner* Mira Sorvino and Olivier Martinez, Angel of Death takes you into the depths of Holy Week and the most spectacular Easter celebration in the world. But as hosts of hooded penitents parade through the ancient, narrow streets of an old town in time-honored ritual, a series of bizarre ritual killings follow their path. As the death toll mounts, it falls to detective Maria Delgado to stop the predator - before he claims his next victim.

*1995: Supporting Actress, Mighty Aphrodite
Away from Her
Married for almost 50 years, Grant's (Gordon Pinsent) and Fiona's (Julie Christie) commitment to each other appears unwavering. Their daily life is filled with tenderness and humor; yet this serenity is broken by Fiona's increasingly evident memory loss – and her restrained references to a past betrayal. For a while, the couple is able to casually dismiss these unwelcome changes. But when neither Fiona nor her husband can deny any longer that she is being consumed by Alzheimer's disease, the couple is forced to wrenchingly redefine the limits of their love and loyalty – and face the complex, inevitable transition from lovers to strangers.
Angel-A
From the director of 'The Professional' and 'The Fifth Element' comes a stunning, sexy tribute to the healing power of love. When André, a down-on-his-luck gambler, dives into the icy Seine to end it all, he winds up instead rescuing Angela, a gorgeous, mysterious blonde. Filled with renewed passion for life, they set out to settle André's scores as they wander the City of Lights. Along the way, André finds himself, but he still has some questions about his leggy, lovely companion--can she really be as heavenly as she seems? Filled with wit, warmth and eye-popping visuals, 'ANGEL-A' shows just how high you can soar when passion takes flight.

That is 7 titles coming from here so far. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 14, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »
A couple more titles I found out will be in the package I was told about earlier....

The Brothers Bloom
All their lives, brothers Stephen (Ruffalo) and Bloom (Brody) have perfected the fine art of the con. Now they're ready for one last spectacular score – luring Penelope (Weisz), an eccentric heiress, into an elaborate scheme that takes them around the world. Watch as writer/director Rian Johnson's (Brick) elaborate caper unravels in this brilliant, comedic tale.
Cutthroat Alley
The only way out of the hood... is in a body bag.

Lives are lost... but this time it's not from a drive-by. There's a serial killer on the loose with a grisly trademark - he hunts down his victims and slits their throats. But now the hunter has become the hunted. Jacob's rep is on the line and he and his friends take action, but the streets are growing deadlier. The only way out... could be a body bag.

And while talking with another friend, I mentioned how I been watching The Brady Bunch here lately. And the next thing I knew he told me he will be sending me...

A Brady Bunch of Movies: 4 Groovy Films
The Brady Bunch Movie:
Mike (Gary Cole) and Carol (Shelly Long) have just one week to come up with $20,000 in back taxes or they'll lose their house to a scheming neighbor (Michael McKean). To make matters worse, Marcia gets a swollen nose on date night, Cindy's addicted to tattling, and Jan's hearing a psychotic inner voice crying "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"

A Very Brady Sequel:
Mike (Gary Cole) is planning a surprise wedding anniversary party for Carol (Shelly Long)—until Carol's long-lost first husband, Roy (Tim Matheson), shows up to shake the family tree. When Roy whisks Carol off to Hawaii, the Brady's take off in pursuit—for fun, sun and the adventure of their lives.

The Brady Bunch in the White House:
Young Bobby Brady finds a winning lottery ticket, which turns out to be worth $67 million! As an example to the rest of the family, Mike (Gary Cole) decides that the only "Brady" thing to do is to return the ticket to it's rightful owner. They are rewarded for their honesty with an invitation to visit the unscrupulous President Randolph and the White House.

Growing Up Brady:
This fabulous biopic, based on the memoirs of actor Barry Williams (Greg Brady), reveals the behind-the-scenes truth about what really happened: the legendary off-screen battles between Robert Reed (Mike Brady) and the show's real daddy, series creator Sherwood Schwartz; Barry's date with his screen Mom: his relationship with "sister" Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) and the ultimate question - did they or didn't they?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 21, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »
Just found out a Friend of mine is sending me...

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete First Season
With the blink of her eyes and a nod of her head, Barbara Eden will make your wishes come true in the premiere season of "I DREAM OF JEANNIE," available on DVD for the first time! Complete with all 30 episodes, this four-disc collection introduces Larry Hagman as Captain Anthony "Tony" Nelson, an astronaut who finds himself "Master" to a beautiful and crafty genie (Eden) whom he unknowingly releases from a bottle. Together, he and Jeannie are a magical match. Packed with bonus features and boasting some of television's brightest guest stars, such as Dabney Coleman, Maureen McCormick, Chuck Yeager and Bill Mumy, "I DREAM OF JEANNIE" is the beloved must-own comedy series that will have you dreaming of TV's Golden Age.

EPISODES:
[1] The Lady in the Bottle
[2] My Hero?
[3] Guess What Happened on the Way to the Moon?
[4] The Marriage Caper
[5] G.I. Jeannie
[6] The Yacht Murder Case
[7] Anybody Here Seen Jeannie?
[8] The Americanization of Jeannie
[9] The Moving Finger
[10] Djinn and Water
[11] Whatever Happened to Baby Custer?
[12] Where'd You Go Go?
[13] Russian Roulette
[14] What House Across the Street?
[15] Too Many Tonys
[16] Get Me to Mecca on Time
[17] Richest Astronaut in the World
[18] Is There an Extra Genie in the House?
[19] Never Try to Outsmart a Jeannie
[20] My Master, the Doctor
[21] Jeannie and the Kidnap Caper
[22] How Lucky Can You Get?
[23] Watch the Birdie
[24] Permanent House Guest
[25] Bigger than a Bread Box
[26] My Master, the Great Rembrandt
[27] My Master, the Thief
[28] This Is Murder
[29] My Master the Magician
[30] I'll Never Forget What's Her Name
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Second Season
Get ready for another magical season with adorable Jeannie (Barbara Eden) and her master, astronaut Captain Anthony “Tony” Nelson (Larry Hagman), as they return to DVD for 'I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Second Season'. The fun continues in 31 fantastic episodes where every day is a new adventure. From changing the weather to learning her birthday and battling an evil Blue Djinn, there’s nothing Jeannie won’t do to conquer her master’s heart and prove they’re a match made in space!  Join an illustrious roster of guest stars, including Paul Lynde, Sammy Davis Jr., Dabney Coleman, and others, in this classic TV favorite. The bottle is uncorked on another season of everyone's favorite genie!

Episodes:
1. Happy Anniversary
2. Always on Sunday
3. My Master, the Rich Tycoon
4. My Master, the Rainmaker
5. My Wild-Eyed Master
6. What's New, Poodle Dog?
7. Fastest Gun in the East
8. How to Be a Genie in 10 Easy Lessons
9. Who Needs a Green-Eyed Genie?
10. The Girl Who Never Had a Birthday - Part 1
11. The Girl Who Never Had a Birthday - Part 2
12. How Do You Beat Superman?
13. My Master, the Great Caruso
14. The Greatest Lover in the World
15. Jeannie Breaks the Bank
16. My Master, the Author
17. The Greatest Invention in the World
18. My Master, the Spy
19. You Can't Arrest Me, I Don't Have a Driver's License
20. One of Our Bottles Is Missing
21. My Poor Master, the Civilian
22. There Goes the Best Genie I Ever Had
23. The Greatest Entertainer in the World
24. My Incredible Shrinking Master
25. My Master, the Pirate
26. A Secretary Is Not a Toy
27. There Goes the Bride
28. My Master, Napolean's Buddy
29. The Birds and the Bees Bit
30. My Master, the Swinging Bachelor
31. The Mad Party
That '70s Show: Holiday Edition
he gang's all gathered for a wild and wacky DVD collection featuring the 10 best holiday-themed episodes from the long-running hit sitcom, That '70s Show!

Episodes:
1. Thanksgiving
2. The Best Christmas Ever
3. First Date
4. Halloween
5. Too Old To Trick or Treat, Too Young To Die
6. Hyde's Christmas Rager
7. Not an Eric Forman Christmas
8. Thank You
9. Christmas
10. Winter
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 28, 2011, 09:02:22 PM »
I got a package in the mail today... inside is four wrapped gifts... with a note to me that says Merry Christmas... From Your Secret Santa.

Santa came early!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 29, 2011, 12:01:01 AM »
It's for Christmas... I hope you don't have the permission to open it before the 24 at midnight :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 29, 2011, 01:11:22 AM »
Nope... they will have to wait till Xmas morning. :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #749 on: December 03, 2011, 08:21:12 AM »
Will you be able to resist the temptation till then?