Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 146545 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #645 on: May 13, 2011, 08:27:30 PM »
Since it looks like I will be getting them all on Monday anyway... My friend and I decided to play some Hangman. And I just found out 5 more titles! I will be getting...

Weeds: Season Two
Funnier, darker and more daring, the second season of this acclaimed Showtime series reaches a higher ground. Golden Globe® winner Mary-Louise Parker stars as Nancy Botwin, the soccer mom who had to learn how to deal – pot, that is – after the death of her husband.
Now, her business is a hit. But keeping up with the neighbors in this suburban utopia isn't easy. She's joined up with a few of her closest friends, and together they're facing life's highs and lows – because even in paradise, nobody's perfect. Don't miss WEEDS, an addictive comedy, the highest grade TV has to offer.

Episodes:

1. Corn Snake
2. Cooking with Jesus
3. Last Tango in Agrestic
4. A.K.A. The Plant
5. Mrs. Botwin's Neighborhood
6. Crush Girl Love Panic
7. Must Find Toes
8. MILF Money
9. Bash
10. Mile Deep and a Foot Wide
11. Yeah. Like Tomatoes
12. Pittsburgh
Weeds: Season Four
Everyone's favorite pot-selling soccer mom, Nancy Botwin, is back in the complete fourth season of the hit series WEEDS. Last time we saw her, Nancy's business (and house) was going up in smoke. So the Botwin bunch has relocated near the border for a fresh start with some new buds. Life's looking green again in this subversive and buzz-worthy comedy.

Episodes:

1. Mother Thinks the Birds Are After Her
2. Lady's a Charm
3. The Whole Blah Damn Thing
4. Three Coolers
5. No Man is Pudding
6. Excellent Treasures
7. Yes I Can
8. I Am the Table
9. Little Boats
10. The Love Circle Overlap
11. Head Cheese
12. Till We Meet Again
13. If You Work for a Living, Why Do You Kill Yourself Working?
Weeds: Season One
Is the grass really greener on the other side? Yes, and it smells better, too! So when Nancy Botwin (Golden Globe® winner Mary-Louise Parker) faces both sudden widowhood and poverty, she's determined to do anything to keep her kids in suburbia, including taking a job as the neighborhood pot dealer. Subversive, satirical and hilarious, the first season of this groundbreaking Showtime hit is guaranteed to spark laughter!
Weeds: Season Three
America's favorite pot-dealing soccer mom is more addictive than ever in the third season of WEEDS, the highly acclaimed Showtime® Original Series. Emmy® and Golden Globe® winner MARY-LOUISE PARKER stars as Nancy Botwin, a single mom who resorts to dealing pot after her husband dies suddenly. But when an offbeat way to make ends meet grows into a mini-empire, the mother of all dealers finds she may be in over her head – and on the verge of taking everyone else with her. Hilarious and subversive, WEEDS is the hit that put the herb in suburb.

EPISODES:
1. Doing the Backstroke
2. A Pool and His Money
3. The Brick Dance
4. Sh*t Highway
5. Bill Sussman
6. Grasshopper
7. He Taught Me How to Drive-by
8. The Two Mrs. Scottsons
9. Release the Hounds
10. Roy Till Called
11. Cankles
12. The Dark Time
13. Risk
14. Protection
15. Go
Jon & Kate Plus Eight: Seasons 1 & 2
8 times the laughs, love and fun!

Jon and Kate Gosselin always wanted kids. Well, they've got 'em! With a set of twins AND a set of sextuplets, it's a lot more than your typical family. Whether it's shopping for 10, celebrating six birthdays at once, or buying half a cow to feed the whole brood, every day becomes an adventure, and every moment is a major production filled with comedy, drama and plenty of love!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 13, 2011, 09:23:16 PM »
We just played another game of Hangman...

27 Dresses
Katherine Heigl (Knocked Up, TV's Grey's Anatomy) lights up the screen in this charming romantic comedy from the screenwriter of The Devil Wears Prada. Heigl stars as Jane, a romantic, completely selfless woman who's been a happy, helpful bridesmaid no less than 27 times. But her own fairy-tale wedding seems to be nowhere in sight,  until younger sister Tess (Malin Akerman) captures the heart of Jane's boss (Edward Burns) — with whom she's secretly in love — inspiring Jane to change her "always a bridesmaid" destiny.

I looking forward to this one since I like Katherine Heigl. I need to get more of her movies! :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 15, 2011, 03:46:13 AM »
150 more or less :stars:

Well, I am a bit disappointed she gave you permission to open it :P But kudos for wanting to try not to :thumbsup:

Looks like you have friends you deserve ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 22, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »
 :o  :o  :o

Uhhh.... Ummmm... That person that just sent me that huge box of DVDs that she said was for my birthday but I could open right away just messaged me. And what does she tell me...

I was going to surprise you with a little something for you to open on your birthday...but after reading you post I've decided to torture you instead...

I will be mailing you a small box of DVDs. These are not to be opened until the actual day of your birth.

OK... so after  just sending me well over 100 titles she is sending me another "small" box to open on my actual birthday!?!?

Now I sit here wondering what she considers a "small" box!  :laugh: :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #649 on: May 23, 2011, 06:12:19 AM »
 :laugh:
Well considering the sizes of some of the other boxes you've gotten....it could be a lot.  Several DVDs can fit in a small box too...so even if the box is small, there could still be a larger number in there. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 23, 2011, 09:49:13 PM »
OK.... now this I am really excited about... I was chatting with a friend earlier. And we got talking about this TV Show. When they found out I never seen the show before they said they have 2 copies of the first 3 seasons... so are giving me...

House M.D.: Season One
Go deeper into the medical mysteries of 'House', TV's most compelling new drama.  Hugh Laurie stars as the brilliant but sarcastic Dr. Gregory House, a maverick physician who is devoid of bedside manner.  While his behavior can border on antisocial, Dr. House thrives on the challenge of solving the medical puzzles that other doctors give up on.  Together with his hand-picked team of young medical experts, he'll do whatever it takes in the race against the clock to solve the case.  It's the intriguing new series 'TV Guide's' Matt Roush hails as "...the uncommon cure for the common medical drama."

EPISODES:
1. Pilot
2. Paternity
3. Occam's Razor
4. Maternity
5. Damned If You Do
6. The Socratic Method
7. Fidelity
8. Poison
9. DNR
10. Histories
11. Detox
12. Sports Medicine
13. Cursed
14. Control
15. Mob Rules
16. Heavy
17. Role Model
18. Babies & Bathwater
19. Kids
20. Love Hurts
21. Three Stories
22. Honeymoon
House M.D.: Season Two
Golden Globe® winner Hugh Laurie is on call as sardonic Dr. Gregory House in Season Two of the smash-hit House, television's most intelligent and provocative drama. This 6-disc collection features all 24 innovative episodes, exclusive bonus materials and some of today's brightest guest stars, including Sela Ward, Ron Livingston, LL Cool J and Cynthia Nixon. Be a part of this medical mystery-solving team as House and his staff take on baffling cases in the gripping show critics are calling "both hilarious and heartbreaking; this could be network TV's best current series." — David Kronke, Los Angeles Daily News.

EPISODES:
1. Acceptance
2. Autopsy
3. Humpty Dumpty
4. TB or Not TB
5. Daddy's Boy
6. Spin
7. Hunting
8. The Mistake
9. Deception
10. Failure to Communicate
11. Need to Know
12. Distractions
13. Skin Deep
14. Sex Kills
15. Clueless
16. Safe
17. All In
18. Sleeping Dogs Lie
19. House vs. God
20. Euphoria (Part 1)
21. Euphoria (Part 2)
22. Forever
23. Who's Your Daddy?
24. No Reason
House M.D.: Season Three
Two-time Golden Globe® winner and Primetime Emmy® Award nominee Hugh Laurie is back making "House" calls in all 24 engaging episodes of this hit medical series! Dr. Gregory House (Laurie) still has the most unapologetically prickly bedside manner ever, but his genius for solving medical mysteries other practitioners can't has earned him the respect of his team. In this provocative and compelling season, House's unpredictable cases - from killer germs to killer secrets - strain his already tenuous relationship with his co-workers and put his own health at risk. Take the doctor's orders: make 'House: Season Three' a habit!

EPISODES:
1. Meaning
2. Cane & Able
3. Informed Consent
4. Lines in the Sand
5. Fools for Love
6. Que Será Será
7. Son of a Coma Guy
8. Whac-A-Mole
9. Finding Judas
10. Merry Little Christmas
11. Words and Deeds
12. One Day, One Room
13. Needle in a Haystack
14. Insensitive
15. Half-Wit
16. Top Secret
17. Fetal Position
18. Airborne
19. Act Your Age
20. House Training
21. Family
22. Resignation
23. The Jerk
24. Human Error

Like I said... never seen this show before... but I hear it is an excellent medical drama. So I am really looking forward to finally checking it out!  :yahoo:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 27, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »
I just got in the mail a package with a birthday present in it. It is one of the two packages I am still expecting for my Birthday. The other one I expect to see soon... but not even sure if it was shipped out yet. So may get to me a little late (no mail on Sunday or Monday... birthday Tuesday).

When I opened this shipping box I found another nice sized box that was wrapped. The cool thing about this is my friend wrapped this gift in a Moon Knight poster. He is a comic character from Marvel. So it may be a poster that if not destroyed when opened that Britt will want for her room. She never mentioned this character... but who knows.

It is a little hard to tell with it being wrapped around a box... but it seems to be this poster...

Which looks pretty cool to me.... so even if Britt don't want it... if it isn't damaged it may end up in my room.  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 27, 2011, 09:45:12 PM »
:o  :o  :o

Uhhh.... Ummmm... That person that just sent me that huge box of DVDs that she said was for my birthday but I could open right away just messaged me. And what does she tell me...

I was going to surprise you with a little something for you to open on your birthday...but after reading you post I've decided to torture you instead...

I will be mailing you a small box of DVDs. These are not to be opened until the actual day of your birth.

OK... so after  just sending me well over 100 titles she is sending me another "small" box to open on my actual birthday!?!?

Now I sit here wondering what she considers a "small" box!  :laugh: :P

Ok... lets see if I can get this right. I heard back from the above person. She said the package is on it's way... and gave me a tracking number. But the post office said it won't arrive till June 1st... so looks like it will probably miss my birthday by 1 day (No Big Deal There!)

She said in what I quoted a "small box of DVDs"

The box she sent before this one... with over 120 DVDs in it weighed 30 pounds.

this "small box" she just sent... she told me...

One hint - and this is the only one I will give you - the box weighs 27 lbs 2.6 oz.

Huh?  :headscratch:

OK... to be fair she also told me days ago that she was sending me the first 3 seasons of House since she found out I never seen it before. She also told me she is sending me a few books.... and a candle. So those things can add to the weight. But almost as heavy as the last box she sent me with well over 100 DVDs?

Oh the torture! I can't wait to see the answer to this mystery!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 27, 2011, 11:56:17 PM »
 :laugh: That is ok... she has me very curious... especially over one of the books... which seems is a joke gift! Uh-oh! I'm worried!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 28, 2011, 04:47:15 AM »
Books? A candle? What is the matter with her? Doesn't she realize that she should have left those out and made room for more DVDs?  :laugh:
:hysterical:

...and if she is sending this one for torture, then she is a bit late too. The birthday is approaching fast now, so the box won't be in Pete's home for too long until he can open it...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 28, 2011, 04:54:11 AM »
Candle, torture ???

I can tell you there are thing you can do with a lit candle that are sure not torture :devil:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #656 on: May 28, 2011, 05:13:50 AM »
The small box is almost the same weight as the main one?  Hmm..well...depending on the size of the candle and the books, that could take up a lot of the weight.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 25, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
Our good friend Roger will be sending me a package of DVDs he has upgraded to Blue-ray. Here is what he is sending me... he is sending me a....

Wagon Train of Westerns
(I need to steal that title for a Western marathon some time!)

The Comancheros
In this explosive and absorbing wild west adventure, John Wayne  stars as Captain Cutter, a fearless Texas Ranger determined to crush a violent gang of gunrunners and thieves known as Comancheros. Through an unlikely turn of events, Cutter enlists the help of his own prisoners to accomplish his mission. Also featuring an all-star cast that includes Stuart Whitman, Lee Marvin, Edgar Buchanan and Patrick Wayne, and a catchy soundtrack by Elmer Bernstein, this fast-paced Western is pure entertainment from start to finish.
The Big Country
One of Hollywood's greatest directors teams with a cast of incredible screen legends for this bold, sweeping tale of a ship's captain who ventures west to find a hotbed of jealousy, hatred and dangerous rivalries. As the reluctant hero is thrown into the maelstrom, he must summon all of his resolve to save not only his own life, but also the life of the woman he loves.

Four-time Academy Award®* winner William Wyler directs this action-packed adventure that triumphs as "a work of art" (Motion Picture Herald).  Starring Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, Jean Simmons, Chuck Connors and Burl Ives (in an Oscar®-winning** performance), this magnificiently entertaining epic will take your breath away with unbridled suspense, exhilarating excitement and explosive drama on a grand scale.

*Director: 1942, Mrs. Miniver; 1946, The Best Years of Our Lives; 1959, Ben Hur; 1965, Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award.
**1958: Supporting Actor
The Long Riders
Jesse James and his gang of outlaws ride again in this "extraordinary" (Los Angeles Herald-Examiner) western that pulsates with hard-driving action and electrifying drama. Four sets of acclaimed actor brothers – Dennis and Randy Quaid, Stacy and James Keach, Christopher and Nicholas Guest and Keith, Robert and David Carradine – each depict real-life siblings in emotionally charged portrayals of the Old West's legendary bandits.

The notorious James-Younger gang is the most famous group of outlaws in the country, robbing banks, trains and stagecoaches with a sense of daring that makes them folk heroes throughout the land. But when the mighty Pinkerton detective agency swears to track them down, these criminals must face an awesome enemy that will stop at nothing to see them behind bars...or dead! Only through the strength of their loyalty and blood ties can the outlaws hope to survive the brutal pursuits, unexpected betrayals and blistering showdowns that mark the end of their dangerous ride.
The Horse Soldiers
"John Wayne teams with William Holden and eminent western director John Ford for this frontier actioner "packed with laughter, romance and thrills" (The Hollywood Reporter)! Written by John Lee Mahin and Martin Rackin, this faithful representation of one of the most daring cavalry exploits in history is both a moving tribute to the men who fought and died in that bloody war, and a powerful, action-packed drama.

Based on an actual Civil War incident, The Horse Soldiers tells the rousing tale of a troop of Union soldiers who force their way deep into Southern territory to destroy a rebel stronghold at Newton Station. In command is hardbitten Colonel Marlowe (Wayne), a man who is strikingly contrasted by the company's gentle surgeon (Holden) and the beautiful but crafty Southern belle (Constance Towers) who's forced to accompany the Union raiders on perhaps the most harrowing mission in the war.
Quigley Down Under
Tom Selleck gives the boldest performance of his career in this "new style, revisionist western with the panoramic scope of a movie epic" (Los Angeles Times). Fierce gunfights, forbidding landscapes, breakneck chases – all hallmarks of the classic western – are reinvented in this hard-pounding actioner that "revitalizes the genre" and comes out "a sure winner" (The Hollywood Reporter).

Arriving in Australia with nothing more than a saddle and his prized six-foot Sharps rifle, American sharpshooter Matthew Quigley thinks he's been hired to kill off wild dogs. But when he realizes instead, that his mission is murder – to "eliminate" the Aborigines from a wealthy cattle baron's land – Quigley refuses and quickly turns from hunter to hunted. Forced to wage a savage war against his former employer, Quigley proves that no one gets the best of a steely-eyed American gunfighter – no one, that is, except the mysterious beauty (Laura San Giacomo, sex, lies, & videotape) who rides by his side and captures his heart.
Silverado
Get ready for some horse-ridin', gun-totin', whiskey-drinkin' fun in this digitally remastered Gift Set of Lawrence Kasdan's SILVERADO, presented in Superbit™ for the highest quality picture available and featuring exclusive interviews with the cast and filmmakers plus other special features.

Starring Academy Award® winner Kevin Kline (1988, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, A Fish Called Wanda), Scott Glenn, Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (1990, Best Picture and Best Director, Dances With Wolves), Danny Glover, Rosanna Arquette, John Cleese, Brian Dennehy, Jeff Goldblum and Oscar® winner Linda Hunt (1982, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, The Year of Living Dangerously), this exciting Old West adventure created a whole new generation of Western fans and earned its status as a "modern classic."
Rio Bravo
On one side is an army of gunmen dead-set on springing a murderous cohort from jail. On the other is Sheriff John T. Chance (John Wayne) and his two deputies: one a recovering drunkard (Dean Martin), the other a crippled codger (Walter Brennan). Also in their ragtag ranks are an unseasoned, trigger-happy youth (Ricky Nelson) and a woman with a past (Angie Dickinson) - and her eye on Chance. Director Howard Hawks lifted the Western to new heights with Red River. Capturing the legendary West with a stellar cast in peak form, he does it again here.
The Cowboys
John Wayne has brawled bare-knuckled, gunned down desperadoes, fought jungle wars and piloted the skies. But The Cowboys gives him one of his juiciest roles as a leather-tough rancher who, deserted by his regular help, hires eleven greenhorn schoolboys for a cattle drive across 400 treacherous miles.

When the dust settles, Wayne gives one of his best performances. "In The Cowboys," Rex Reed wrote, "all the forces that have made him a dominant personality as well as a major screen presence seem to combine. Old Dusty Britches can act." Co-starring the equally memorable Roscoe Lee Browne, Colleen Dewhurst and Bruce Dern, The Cowboys is exciting proof.
The Searchers
Working together for the 12th time, John Wayne and director John Ford forged The Searchers into a landmark Western offering an indelible image of the frontier and the men and women who challenged it. Wayne plays an ex-Confederate soldier seeking his niece, captured by Comanches who massacred his family. He won't surrender to hunger, thirst, the elements or loneliness. And in his five-year search, he encounters something unexpected: his own humanity. Beautifully shot by Winton C. Hoch, thrillingly scored by Max Steiner and memorably acted by a wonderful ensemble including Jeffrey Hunter, Vera Miles, Natalie Wood and Ward Bond, The Searchers endures as "a great film of enormous scope and breathtaking physical beauty" (Danny Peary, Guide for the Film Fanatic).
Once Upon a Time in the West
Sergio Leone's original uncut masterpiece is a monumental epic. The picture itself is as big as its Monument Valley locations, as grand as its fine distinguished cast, and as tough and bawdy as everybody imagines the Old West. Henry Fonda plays the blackest character of his long career, and he's utterly convincing as Frank, the ruthless, murderous psychopath who suffers no conscience pangs after annihilating an entire family. Jason Robards is the half-breed falsely accused of the terrible slaughter. Charles Bronson plays The Man, who remembers how his brother was savagely tortured. Brilliantly directed by Leone, this glorious picture re-established the Western's significance to cinema art.
True Grit
John Wayne earned the 1969 "Best Actor" Academy Award® for this larger-than-life performance as the drunken, uncouth and totally fearless one-eyed U.S. Marshall, Rooster Cogburn.

The cantankerous Rooster is hired by a headstrong young girl (KIM DARBY) to find the man who murdered her father and fled with the family savings. When Cogburn's employer insists on accompanying the old gunfighter, sparks fly. And the situation goes from troubled to disasterous when an inexperienced Texas Ranger (GLEN CAMPBELL) joins the party. Laughter and tears punctuate the wild action in this extraordinary Western which also features performances by ROBERT DUVALL, JEREMY SLATE and STROTHER MARTIN.
Big Jake
In this action-filled western, John Wayne stars as Big Jake McCandles, a husband who hasn't seen his wife (Maureen O'Hara) in over 18 years. But he returns home after his grandson is kidnapped by a vicious outlaw gang. While the law gives chase in rickety automobiles, Jake saddles up with an Indian scout (Bruce Cabot) and a box of money – even though paying a ransom isn't how Jake plans to exact good old frontier justice. Spiced with humor and first-class gunfights, this is a vivid depiction of the last days of the wild frontier.

Big Jake was a family affair for John Wayne. His oldest son produced it and two other sons, Patrick and John Ethan, appear in it. The film also marks the second time Richard Boone and John Wayne worked together and the fifth time Wayne worked with Maureen O'Hara.
Rio Lobo
A classic action-filled John Wayne western is set into motion with a spectacular robbery of a Union pay train by Confederate guerrillas. The train's colonel (Wayne) jails the enemy leaders (Jorge Rivero, Chris Mitchum) but the three men later become friends when the war ends. Together they seek the Union traitors responsible for a string of Confederate train robberies, a mission that culminates in a rousing shoot-'em-up finale.

'Rio Lobo' was the fifth collaboration over a 22-year period between John Wayne and the legendary director Howard Hawks.
The Outlaw Josey Wales
As The Outlaw Josey Wales, four-time Academy Award® winner* Clint Eastwood is ideally cast as a hard-hitting, fast-drawing loner, recalling his "Man with No Name" from his European Westerns. But unlike that other mythic outlaw, Josey Wales has a name – and a heart.

After avenging his family's brutal murder, Wales is on the lam, pursued by a pack of killers. He travels alone, but a ragtag group of outcasts (including Sondra Locke and Chief Dan George) is drawn to him – and Wales can't leave his motley surrogate family unprotected. Eastwood's skill before and behind the camera connected with audiences for its humor and tenderness as well as its hair-trigger action.

* Best Director and as Producer of the Best Pictures Unforgiven (1992) and Million Dollar Baby (2004)

Some of those Cover Arts / Editions may be different as I don't have the UPCs to be sure.... but they are at least the right titles... but he told me which were 2 disc editions. There is a couple here that I have... but are upgraded versions!  :thumbup:

Now let me publicly say Thank You Very Much Roger!... it is very much appreciated... look forward to checking some of these out!
 :thanks:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #658 on: June 25, 2011, 04:32:36 PM »
You're very welcome, Pete.  Always ready to give a few movies to an appreciative audience.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2011, 04:48:30 PM »
Oh and I appreciate it Roger! There is a few I am really looking forward to checking out...

- The Long Riders
I always like Jesse James stories... sounds like a good one.

- Quigley Down Under
I THINK I may have seen this one before. And if it is the one I am thinking... I remember enjoying it.

- The Searchers
I heard a lot of good things about this one from many people.

The rest I am either not to familiar with (most)... or have seen recently (within the last year).
Pete