Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 146549 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2011, 12:24:54 AM »
My Guess:

Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier

I was Right!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2011, 03:27:21 AM »
Awesome! That is a great set...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 23, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »
I forgot to mention... she purposely made the second word as 4 letters... she counted in the colon. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 26, 2011, 02:49:49 AM »
Was just playing a game of Hangman with my friend to find out another title in my next package. I will be getting...

The Killing Club
What begins as an accidental murder becomes a deadly society when three women decide they are the ones who can eliminate all the irredeemable men in their lives - permanently.

Jamie is a successful novelist, trapped in a bad relationship.  When things get out of control and her boyfriend ends up dead, her best friend convinces her to hide the body.  But he is only their first casualty, and soon The Killing Club brings on its third member - and takes care of its next victim…
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 26, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
We played another game of Hangman today... found out I am getting...

Offside
This internationally award-winning film casually and sometimes caustically uncovers what binds us – and blinds us – to the differences between our ways of life in the West with modern day Iran. Fascinating, funny and tragic, it's "Score one for the ladies!" raves J. Hoberman of The Village Voice.

The Tehran soccer stadium roars with 100,000 cheering men – and only men. According to Islamic custom, women are not allowed, and the ambitious girls who manage to sneak in are caught and sent to a holding pen, guarded by male soldiers their own age. Duty makes the young men and women adversaries, but duty can’t overcome their shared dreams, their mutual attraction, and ultimately their overriding sense of national pride and humanity.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 01, 2011, 08:43:15 PM »
We played another game of Hangman today... found out I am getting...

So I Married an Axe Murderer
Comedy sensation Mike Myers stars with Nancy Travis in this hatchet-driven romantic comedy about a wedlock-shy coffee house poet who finally meets the perfect woman. When it comes to love, Charlie Mackenzie has had his share of bad luck: Sherri was a klepto - Charlie still can't find his cat. Jill was unemployed - but Charlie knew she really worked for the Mafia. Pam smelled like soup - beef vegetable soup. Good thing for Charlie these shortcomings become apparent, if only to him. Good thing for Charlie he discovered the truth before things went too far - before he stumbled into MARRIAGE! Because to Charlie the "M" word is just one step away from the fate foretold in that chilling phrase: "Till death do us part." When Charlie meets Harriet Michaels everything changes. Harriet's not like the others. She's smart, sexy, and crazy about Charlie. This time Charlie is determined to overcome the fears that sabotaged his past relationships. This time, he's ready for some commitment. Sure, Harriet may have her shortcomings - but so what? After all those other women, what's the worst she could be? An axe murderer?
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #636 on: May 02, 2011, 04:42:47 AM »
I've thought of seeing this in the past but I never got around to it.  I'm not that big a fan of Mike Myers (he was too scary in Halloween  :laugh:) but I adore Nancy Travis.  ::)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 03, 2011, 04:48:24 PM »
I just found out another title in the big package coming...

Walking Tall
When it comes to laying down the law with a vengeance, one man can make a difference. Action superstar The Rock takes no prisoners as he fights for justice and crushes corruption in this hard-hitting adventure that's "endlessly enjoyable and a lot of fun" (Fox-TV)! Johnny Knoxville and Ashley Scott co-star in this "bone-cracking, adrenaline-pumping" (Arizona Daily Star) ride inspired by the true story of a man who decided to take a stand – and take back his town.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #638 on: May 03, 2011, 11:48:48 PM »
I really like Walking Tall. It seems to lose out in popularity to his other action film Welcome To The Jungle, which I find a bit of mess compared to this.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #639 on: May 03, 2011, 11:50:09 PM »
I agree with Jon. Walking Tall is surprisingly decent. Even the sequels with Kevin Sorbo are worth a look, though they are more in the DTV style.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 04, 2011, 12:19:01 AM »
That's cool... I will look forward to checking it out. :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #641 on: May 04, 2011, 05:22:05 AM »
I liked Walking Tall.  But, I tend to like Dwayne Johnson too.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 11, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »
I just got a message from a friend. One that don't use forums at all... so no one here. This is a friend I don't get the opportunity to talk with nearly as much as I used to. But she e-mailed me to tell me that she hasn't forgotten about my birthday at the end of this month... and that she bought me a little something (emphasis on little). It will be coming directly from the store to here... so can't be wrapped. That is all the info she gave me on what she ordered for me... so normally this would be extreme torture for me. But thankfully she don't want me to wait till my B'day to open the gift... I get to open it as soon as it arrives. So hopefully the torture will be short. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 13, 2011, 04:44:08 PM »
OMG! I just got a heck of a shock! My friend... the one that sends me those huge boxes of DVDs...  This is the friend that likes to send me clues or play Hangman to get me to guess the titles she is sending me. So far I found out that she is sending me 56 titles in this box. She pretty much stopped with the clues and game because of my Birthday... she wanted to wrap the rest for my Birthday.

She messaged me today saying that she sent/sending the package today.  She always gets a tracking number for my packages so she told me...

I'll be home in a couple of hours with your tracking number. I'm not sure of how many DVDs/movies but I bet it's close to 150 or more.

Note the sentence I put in bold! 150 titles  more or less!?! That means approximately 100 titles that are wrapped up for my Birthday!?!?! Wow!

Plus I am expecting DVDs from probably 3 more people for my Birthday (one of which I get to open early) :)

Sounds like this is going to be a Happy DVD Birthday!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 13, 2011, 07:13:27 PM »
I just heard back and got my tracking number. Looks like I will be getting all these titles early... as she apparently changed her mind about wrapping them individually. Here is the message she sent me...

I might not have counted the number of titles but they weigh 30 pounds 1.8 ounces! They should reach you Monday May 16th.

Tracking number: USPS XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX.

There is a card on the top of the box with your name and address on it.

I didn't wrap the DVDs individually - I just decorated the outside box.

I will leave it up to you whether or not to wait until your birthday to open it. Personally I would open it right away and celebrate every day until the special day.   :P

There is a few things to consider... but I am sure I will just open it when it gets here.  First off there is titles that I already know about that I am looking forward to watching this month. I may try to hold off and see how long I can put it off but since I have her permission... I doubt it. :P Especially since I do know there will be several packages to open on my birthday this year already. :)
Pete