Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151638 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #270 on: September 10, 2010, 11:32:27 PM »
You popped 196 bubbles
in 15.8 seconds
using Manic Mode!

Speed: 12.41 bubbles per second

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #271 on: September 10, 2010, 11:41:48 PM »
You popped 196 bubbles
in 11.8 seconds
using Manic Mode!

Speed: 16.61 bubbles per second

Najemikon

« Reply #272 on: September 11, 2010, 01:10:48 AM »
Yeah? Oh yeah? Bring it, people! I just cracked 10 seconds. I am the Usain Bolt of bobble poppin'! :devil:

You popped 196 bubbles
in 9.6 seconds
using Manic Mode!

Speed: 20.42 bubbles per second

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 11, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »
 :slaphead:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #274 on: September 11, 2010, 10:03:14 AM »
My best time now is:

You popped 196 bubbles
in 10.8 seconds
using Manic Mode!

Speed: 18.15 bubbles per second

Maybe will try again later to beat your time, Jon :)

Sanuye

« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2010, 01:39:03 PM »
I pop bubble wrap at 6.43 bubbles per second!
I popped 196 bubbles in 30.5 seconds
Using Manic mode

I'm a sloth... and now you know why I suck at Bejeweled Blitz  :bag:

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
Oops, looks like I turned this section into the Bubble Wrap Popping Game Appreciation Thread!!!

:P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2010, 03:27:56 PM »
Someone asked over at the other forum... so I counted it...

I have had 257 DVD releases (counting boxsets as 1) given to me in the last 2 and a half months!  :stars: :yahoo: :thumbup:

So I just wanted to publicly say Thank You once again to everyone that sent me movies here in the past few months. I really appreciate them... and it made my going without horror a whole lot easier to take (even if I did get a lot of new horror I can't wait to see!) :P
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2010, 03:34:44 PM »
I think you need to change the name of this thread!  Change it to either Pete's DVD Gifts or maybe The Bubble-Popping Thread!  :tease:

kahless

« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »
I think you need to change the name of this thread!  Change it to either Pete's DVD Gifts or maybe The Bubble-Popping Thread!  :tease:

So should we split this into 2 threads?  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2010, 11:58:35 PM »
:yahoo: OMG...OMG...OMG!!! :yahoo:

I got another box of DVDs coming my way!...I got a PM earlier that said...

I'm going to get together a box of movies that I think you and Brit should have. They will be "for no special reason" present from me.

And why I am so excited is because for 3 extra special titles! 3 releases I been wanting to get for a long time now!...

The Mummy
For the first time ever, the original The Mummy film comes to DVD in this extraordinary Legacy Collection. Included in the collection is the original classic, starring the renowned Boris Karloff, and four timeless sequels, featuring legendary actor Lon Chaney, Jr. and others. These are the landmark films that inspired an entire genre of movies and continue to be major influences on motion pictures to this day.
The Invisible Man
For the first time ever, the original The Invisible Man comes to DVD in this extraordinary Legacy Collection. Included in the collection is the original classic, starring the renowned Claude Rains, and four timeless sequels, featuring such legendary actors as Vincent Price and John Barrymore. These are the landmark films that inspired an entire genre of movies and continue to be major influences on motion pictures to this day.
Creature from the Black Lagoon
For the first time ever, the original Creature From The Black Lagoon film comes to DVD in this extraordinary Legacy Collection. Included in the collection is the original classic, starring Richard Carlson, and the two timeless sequels, featuring such legendary actors as John Agar and Jeff Morrow. These are the landmark films that inspired an entire genre of movies and continue to be major influences on motion pictures to this day.

I so can't wait to watch some of these for my horror marathon later this month! (with any luck... possibly this weekend!). If I am not mistaking... since I already have Dracula, The Wolf Man & Frankenstein Legacy Collections this should be the rest of them and I now have all the Legacy collections!  :yahoo:

Along with those 3 great releases above... she is also sending us...

The Last Unicorn
In this whimsical, animated film, a lone unicorn seeks out others like herself through a mystical land of talking cats and spellbinding magicians. Based on the book by Peter S. Beagle, this story has enamored the hearts of fans - young and old from around the globe.

In her search for other unicorns, the last unicorn encounters a cast of delightful characters as well as dangers she never imagined. Throughout the fantastic adventure, she learns of friendship, love and most importantly her true self.

Discover the magic that has kept this tale a treasured classic. Featuring the voices of Jeff Bridges, Mia Farrow and Angela Lansbury, the story brings forth the power of friendship, the beauty of love and the pain of regret. Interlaced with songs and ethereal imagery, 'The Last Unicorn' will reignite the hearts of its fans and entrance all who enter.
The Batman: The Complete First Season
Hidden in the shadows, 'The Batman' casts a protective eye while tracking the thugs, thieves and criminal masterminds that claim 'Gotham City's' dark alleys each night. In one magnificent swoop, he descends up on opponents and battles with a fierceness that seems almost inhuman. This is the young 'Bruce Wayne' who assumes the role of Gotham's greatest defender in a fresh retelling of the 'Dark Knight's' beginnings.

With incredible gadgets, awesome animation and a cool new vibe, these 13 exciting episodes from the hit series showcase 'The Batman' taking on your favourite villains - 'The Joker', 'The Penguin', 'Mr. Freeze', 'Catwoman', 'Bane' - and new crazies you'll love to hate!

Soar through 'The Batman's' first season of vigilante justice!
The Batman vs. Dracula
Gotham City sleeps under the cover of darkness while two legendary bats take flight.

One is turning the city into an army of vampires while the other does everything he can to stop the mayhem. But Dracula isn't just like on of the Batman's usual foes: he's got supernatural powers of strength, speed, and mind control. Even with his arsenal of high-tech gadgets, the Dark Knight is still a mortal man. This is the one face-off that could clip the Batman's wings permanently! Also starring favorite characters like the Joker, Penguin, and Vicki Vale, in her first appearance in the series, this feature-length animated movie is fang-tastic.
Manhunter
FBI Agent Will Graham (William Petersen) has captured the diabolical Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Brian Cox), nearly losing more than just his mind in the process. But when Graham is called out of retirement to hunt the psychopath known as "The Tooth Fairy" (Tom Noonan, in a role Entertainment Weekly calls "one of the freakiest madmen Hollywood has ever given us") he must once again confront the horrors of "Hannibal The Cannibal." If Will Graham enters the mind of the serial killer, can he ever come back?

Joan Allen (THE CONTENDER), Dennis Farina, Kim Greist and Stephen Lang co-star in this shocking thriller directed by Michael Mann and adapted from the novel RED DRAGON by Thomas Harris. But be warned: Fans and critics alike consider MANHUNTER to be far superior to THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS ... as well as one of the most unnerving serial killer movies ever made.
Notting Hill
Anna Scott (Julia Roberts) is the world's most famous movie star. Her picture has been plastered on the cover of every magazine, and every time she makes a move, the entire world knows about it.

William Thacker (Hugh Grant) owns a travel bookstore in the quaint neighborhood of Notting Hill. His business is stagnant, he has the roommate from hell and his love life is completely nonexistent.

Then one day, their paths cross and the couple comes to face the ultimate question: can two people fall in love with the whole world watching?
Moonlighting: Seasons One and Two
Relive the sharp and sassy repartee, as Maddie Hayes (Cybill Shepherd), the steely but gorgeous ex-model, and David Addison (Bruce Wiliis), the wisecracking hustler, bring their madcap capers to DVD for the first time.
Maniacts
Joe and Beth, two serial killers, meet at Edgemare, a corrupt institution for the criminally insane. Despite their unusual circumstances, Joe and Beth develop a strong relationship. One day, Joe escapes from the institution, but Beth is stuck inside. Confused and somewhat a misfit, Joe goes back to the apartment he lived his whole life in. While he is away, the staff at Edgemare tortures Beth, trying to find out where Joe is. But Joe discovers he can't be without Beth. He comes back to the institution and, along with Beth and the other inmates, goes on a rampage, freeing all the patients. Joe and Beth leave Edgemare and search for a place where they can start life fresh and get away from all the stuff that drove them crazy to begin with. They find Boley and his farm—a tough old psychic farmer, hanging on to his old way of life, in the face of the encroaching city and the money-hungry real estate speculators. Joe and Beth settle in at Boley's farm and it seems like they will live happily ever after until their cover is blown.
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
The coolest Spider-Man comes to DVD in 3-D animation! Combining state-of-the-art CG imaging with feature animation processing, Spider-Man brings a neon-lit city to life.

Based on the legendary Mavel comic book, the series centers on the adventures of Peter Parker, who develops superhuman powers after being bit by a genetically altered spider. Multi-talented Neil Patrick Harris (Undercover Brother, Starship Troopers), singer-songwriter Lisa Loeb and television star Ian Ziering (TV's "Beverly Hills 90210") bring Peter, MJ, and Harry to life, along with guest voice talent from rocker Rob Zombie, rap star Eve, Gina Gershon, Kathy Griffin, Michael Clarke Duncan, Stan Lee and more.

Major comic book, animation, and television talent came together to bring Spider-Man to life on the small screen. Brian Michael Bendis (Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man comic book series) worked as Co-Executive producer, along with Audu Paden (Roughnecks: Starship Toopers Chronicles). Serving as the series' Executive Producers were Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee, Margan Gendel, and Marvel executives Avi Arad and Rick Ungar.
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series: The Mutant Menace
Tight Squeeze
Three ex-KGB agents take a group of people hostage, including Peter and his new crush Indy. Their simple demand is that they want Spider-Man! Peter will need to use his cunning and cleverness to figure out a way to appease the agents without revealing his alter ego.

Law Of The Jungle
Peter's professor, Doc Connors, injects himself with reptilian DNA, which slowly changes him into the angry, vengeful Lizard. As the serum affects Doc Connor's brain, Spider-Man must stop his beloved professor as he begins seeking revenge on those who have harmed him-including Harry!

Sword Of Shikata
The master martial arts/swordswoman Shikata is sent to capture Spider-Man for a wealthy man's collection of rare animals. Shikata determines that Spider-Man is too noble a foe to simply capture and they must fight to the death!
Open Season
Boog (Martin Lawrence), a domesticated grizly bear with no survival skills, has his perfect world turned upside down when he meets Elliot (Ashton Kutcher), a scrawny, fast-talking mule deer. They join forces to unite the woodland creatures and take the forest into nature's control! It's a film for the whole family that Shawn Edwards (Fox-TV) calls, "a fun story loaded with lovable characters!"
Incubus
In the dead of night, a group of lost college students stumble upon what appears to be an abandoned laboratory hidden deep within the woods. Cold and exhausted, they break in, only to find the hallways littered with dead bodies. Coming across a coma patient locked within an isolation cell, they discover The Sleeper, a deranged murderer who can literally dream his way into their minds. So when her friends are transformed into bloodthirsty, axe-welding killers, a terrified young woman (Tara Reid) tries desperately to escape. For when The Sleeper decides it's her time to die, all he has to do is wait for her to fall asleep.
Black Beauty
Anna Sewell's novel Black Beauty has been one of the world's most beloved animal stories since its 1877 publication. The story is told by its hero, a remarkable black horse with a white "star" on his forehead, whose joyous and heartbreaking life takes him from idyllic country life to London's cobblestoned streets.

Written and directed by Caroline Thompson (1993's The Secret Garden), this is the most faithful of the book's several filmings. You'll cherish rebellious filly Ginger, mischievous pony Merrylegs and gallant Beauty, whose generous heart guides him under caretakers both kindly and harsh, from Farmer Grey (Sean Bean) and young groom Joe Green (Andrew Knott) to sweet-natured cabbie Jerry Barker (David Thewlis).
The Batman/Superman Movie
BATMAN, SUPERMAN, THE JOKER and LEX LUTHOR all come together in the most action-packed superhero adventure of all time.

When THE JOKER elicits the help of LEX LUTHOR in a fiendish new scheme, only the combined powers of BATMAN and SUPERMAN can save the city of METROPOLIS. Will the MAN OF STEEL and the CAPED CURSADER be able to put aside their differences and foil the diabolical duo's evil plans?
Love Story
Everyone loves "Love Story!"  One of the most romantic movies ever made also remains one of the most enduringly popular.  This heartfelt 1970 tale of the love of a lifetime — the most successful Paramount movie up to that time — received seven Academy Award® nominations (including Best Picture) and won one for Francis Lai’s magnificent score.

As filming was underway on "Love Story," the filmmakers knew they had something special — so special that Eric Segal was simultaneously shaping his best-selling novel from his own screenplay.  Stars Ryan O’Neal and Ali McGraw each received Academy Award® nominations and became overnight movie sensations for their poignant portrayals of a young couple who cross social barriers, marry and ultimately face the greatest crisis of all.
Marathon Man
From William Goldman's best-selling novel comes one of the most daring and affecting thrillers ever brought to the screen. Oscar® winner Dustin Hoffman (Rainman) plays the likeable graduate student and marathon runner of the title, unwillingly trapped in a killing game of intrigue involving a Nazi fugitive, Christian Szell. Laurence Olivier received an Academy Award® nomination for his chilling portrayal of the sadistic Szell, who turns dental instruments into tools of torture with dispassionate ease. Directed by John Schlesinger and featuring an all-star cast, Marathon Man moves with nail-biting suspense to its thrilling, fever-pitched conclusion. Co-starring Roy Scheider and William Devane.
Blades of Glory
"Blades of Glory is pure hilarity, a gold medal comedy winner"* starring comic superstar Will Ferrell (Talledega Nights) and Jon Heder (Napolean Dynamite). Bitter figure skating rivals Chazz Michael Michaels (Ferrell) and Jimmy MacElroy (Heder) brawl after tying for the gold medal at the world championships. Banned for life from men’s competition, these archrivals beat the system thanks to a loophole that allows them to skate again - in pairs competition! Co-starring Craig T. Nelson, Will Arnett, Amy Poehler and Jenna Fischer.

* Pete Hammond, Maxim
Zoolander
Clear the runway for Derek Zoolander (Ben Stiller), VH1's three-time male model of the year. His face falls when hippie-chic Hansel (Owen Wilson) scooters in to steal this year's award.

The evil fashion guru Mugatu (Will Ferrell) seizes the opportunity to turn Derek into a killing machine. It's a well-designed conspiracy and only with the help of Hansel and a few well-chosen accessories like Matilda (Christine Taylor) can Derek make the world safe for male models everywhere.
Monster's Ball
'MONSTER'S BALL' is a hard hitting southern drama tempered by a story of powerful, life-changing love. It is the story of Hank (Academy Award® Winner, Billy Bob Thornton), an embittered prison guard working on Death Row who begins an unlikely but emotionally charged affair with Leticia (Academy Award® Winner, Halle Berry), the wife of a man under his watch on The Row.
Arc the Lad: Vol. 2: Fireball!
The action never stops as Elk, Shu and Lieza find themselves pursued at every turn. When the bounty on Pondit is lifted, Elk is sure its a trap and he and Shu hatch a scheme to find out whos after Lieza by using her as bait. What they dont plan on is that theres another party after the Mayor and his cronies and his own attack is going to happen at the same time as their own!
Mr. Holland's Opus
Acclaimed star Richard Dreyfuss gives the performance of a lifetime (1995 Academy Award™ Nominee, Best Actor—Mr. Holland's Opus) in this uplifting hit cheered by audiences everywhere! Glenn Holland (Dreyfuss) is a passionate musician who dreams of composing one truly memorable piece of music. But reality intrudes when he reluctantly accepts a "day job" as a high school music teacher to support his family. In time, however, Mr. Holland realizes that his real passion is teaching, and his legacy is the generations of young people he inspires. Also featuring Glenne Headly (2 Days In The Valley) and Olympia Dukakis (Mafia!) — you're sure to find this electrifying motion picture both entertaining... and unforgettable!
The Last Seduction
Bridget Gregory (Linda Fiorentino) seems to have it all: beauty, intelligence and a marriage to Clay, a wealthy physician (Bill Pullman). But everything isn't enough for Bridget, who persuades her husband to make dirty deals on prescription drugs and then runs with the profit. Now incognito in a mid-American small town, Bridget draws a naive local, Mike Swale (Peter Berg), into a smoldering affair.

Passion, greed and revenge forge a desperate triangle between the three as Bridget draws her unknowing victims deeper into her web of deadly deceit.
The Love Bug
For the first time ever you can enjoy this timeless classic in a Special Edition DVD. Fully restored to look and sound as it was originally intended, it also features hours of exclusive bonus materials your entire family will enjoy again and again.

He's the star who provides the most laughs per gallon. He's Herbie, the lovable car with a mind of his own!

Dean Jones, Michele Lee and Buddy Hackett join Herbie in this revved-up comedy classic. Jones plays down-on-his-luck race car driver Jim Douglas, who reluctantly teams up with the little machine. Douglas thinks his sudden winning streak is due to 'his' skill, not Herbie's. He finally realizes the car's worth when a sneaky rival plots to steal Herbie for himself. But it's Herbie who'll steal your heart in this wildly fun, rollercoaster ride of a movie you'll never forget!
Fantastic Four: The Complete 1994-95 Animated Television Series
It's here - the longest running Marvel series in history arrives for the first time on DVD in this spectacular four-disc set, featuring all 26 episodes of the heralded 1990s animated series.  Learn the origin of the Fantastic Four, and be there as Mr. Fantastic, The Invisible Woman, Human Torch and The Thing save the world from the dastardly Doctor Doom and his legion of villains.

Now you can relive every action-packed episode, complete with exclusive introductions by Stan Lee.  It's a fantastic DVD collection you'll want to experience over and over again.
Spider-Man: Origins of a Superhero

So as you can imagine... I am extremely excited over here this evening!  :yahoo: I am looking so forward to many of these... but especially the top three!!!  :thumbup:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2010, 12:41:49 AM »
I need new friends  :weep:

(click to show/hide)

snowcat

« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2010, 10:21:53 AM »

(click to show/hide)

:weep: seconded

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2010, 10:55:11 AM »

(click to show/hide)

:weep: seconded
Thirded :weep:
(Preferably from region 2)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2010, 01:11:20 PM »
I was just looking over what I have coming....

Mr. Holland's Opus

A musical and Richard Dreyfuss! Oh the Torture!

People just love to slip those musicals in on me... I see it now... she was thinking... I will slip in the Legacy collections and he won't even notice the musical.  :P And it worked!  :laugh:
Pete