Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 146309 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2010, 06:28:39 PM »
 :laugh: Give it time!  :tease:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2010, 06:33:26 PM »
This is pretty cool... one of the TV Movies stars (the always lovely) Lynda Carter of Wonder Woman fame...

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2010, 02:03:09 AM »
OMG!  :hysterical:

I was just getting some info on this movie out of DVD Profiler for an email I am writing...

Now this is what I call blatantly wrong!... DVD Profiler has the above movie genres set at Romance and Western:laugh: I never seen this movie yet... and I can tell that is blatantly wrong!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2010, 02:08:07 AM »
Are you sure it isn't a western? Maybe Roger would tell us the movie is about a bunch of cowboys and cowgirls in love riding little pterodactyl in the dessert :shrug:

But I don't really think it is :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2010, 02:15:24 AM »
 :laugh: Yeah... what you say Roger... maybe I am wrong... does that look like a Western to you?
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2010, 03:58:15 AM »
There are some good titles there.  I haven't heard of some of them.  That's a nice bunch of movies to get. :)

Oh I have been meaning to mention.  Someone was nice enough to send a tunnel toy thing for my cats..and included a DVD. :)

The cats have investigated the tunnel a bit...mostly Jenna has played in it some.

Rogmeister

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2010, 05:34:40 AM »
Nah, I only know of one western with dinosaurs and that ain't it!  :laugh:  If you must know, the movie I'm thinking of is "The Valley of Gwangi". 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2010, 12:18:24 PM »
 :laugh: I am actually surprised there is a Western with dinosaurs... though I probably shouldn't be. I have seen some odd combinations before!  :P
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2010, 02:45:14 PM »
I should point out that it's a modern film but with cowboys...there's a scene where they are roping the dinosaur...there was also a cowboy in the original version of Mighty Joe Young... ;D

Najemikon

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »
It's been used in 2000ad i seem to remember. Can't think what story it was now, but it had cowboys hunting dinosaurs, which is officially the definition of Frigging Cool.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2010, 04:32:27 PM »
My friend just remembered what the last title in the box is... it is a romantic comedy I never heard of before...

Elizabethtown
From OscarĀ® Winner* Cameron Crowe comes "a potent blend of rock 'n' roll and classic romantic comedy." (Michael Wilmington, Chicago Tribune)

Orlando Bloom stars as Drew Baylor, a hot-shot designer whose life becomes completely unraveled when he loses his father and his job on one fateful day. En route to Elizabethtown to visit his family, Drew meets Claire (Kirsten Dunst). She's beautiful, unstoppably positive, and just the gal to guide Drew on his journey back home and to teach him what it means to live and love along the way.

Set against the backdrop of an incredible soundtrack, Elizabethtown is "an amazing trip of love, loss and laughter." (Shane Tallant, WB-TV San Francisco)

* 2000 Best Original Screenplay, Almost Famous

It stars Orlando Bloom and Kristen Dunst.
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »
It's been used in 2000ad i seem to remember. Can't think what story it was now, but it had cowboys hunting dinosaurs, which is officially the definition of Frigging Cool.

Borag Thungg, Earthlet - IIRC it was called Flesh

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Sanuye

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2010, 11:00:57 PM »
My friend just remembered what the last title in the box is... it is a romantic comedy I never heard of before...

Elizabethtown
From OscarĀ® Winner* Cameron Crowe comes "a potent blend of rock 'n' roll and classic romantic comedy." (Michael Wilmington, Chicago Tribune)

Orlando Bloom stars as Drew Baylor, a hot-shot designer whose life becomes completely unraveled when he loses his father and his job on one fateful day. En route to Elizabethtown to visit his family, Drew meets Claire (Kirsten Dunst). She's beautiful, unstoppably positive, and just the gal to guide Drew on his journey back home and to teach him what it means to live and love along the way.

Set against the backdrop of an incredible soundtrack, Elizabethtown is "an amazing trip of love, loss and laughter." (Shane Tallant, WB-TV San Francisco)

* 2000 Best Original Screenplay, Almost Famous

It stars Orlando Bloom and Kristen Dunst.
One of my favourite movies! Maybe a little too much music for you (the soundtrack is fantastic, by the way), but the story is really nice.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2010, 11:59:28 PM »
Thanks Laura... I am kinda expecting a bit heavy on the music since I saw what it said in the overview... good to know there is a good story here too though.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »

Borag Thungg, Earthlet - IIRC it was called Flesh

Dave

Ghafflebette! Or however you spell it. Utterly zarjaz to find another intelligent lifeform.  :thumbup: Yes, Flesh is what I was thinking of. Super-cool and something I doubt cinema can stretch too with the same effect.