Author Topic: Disturbed  (Read 1465 times)

lovemunkey187

Disturbed
« on: June 24, 2009, 11:25:51 AM »
Can't really disagree with this list too much.

15 Most Disturbing Filums

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Disturbed
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 03:16:09 PM »
Yeah, at least nothing feels entirely out of place; except Audition maybe, as it only has the ending to show for (kiri kiri kiri).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »
For one time I've to agree with a list that isn't from me :laugh:

(click to show/hide)

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 06:26:58 PM »
Yeah, at least nothing feels entirely out of place; except Audition maybe, as it only has the ending to show for (kiri kiri kiri).

You're obviously desensitised! I find Audition fundamentally disturbing (which is how it should be), not just visually. Although the guy in the bag, surely?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 06:58:14 AM »
You're obviously desensitised!
:bag:

I forgot about the guy in the bag and the implications that come with that image. Also, it probably is more disturbing than Jacob's Ladder to begin with...

I think I am not just desensitized to this sort of films but to immersion into movies in general. I have been reading about special effects, movie techniques etc. for years and nowadays often am more amazed about how they did it rather than shocked that they did it or what was done. It occasionally saddens me, as feeling scared of a horror movie can be, to a degree, an wonderful experience. Drama and Comedy usually still work as designed though.