Author Topic: Hollywood could had lost its mind  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Hollywood could had lost its mind
« on: June 05, 2009, 04:26:56 AM »
But it have lost it a long time ago ::)

For those who enjoyed the constant uninspired remake done since 3 or 4 years, a new one.

Even Pete will find that stupid, I'm sure of it ;D

(click to show/hide)

This is so ridiculous that I can't find anything positive to say :-X

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Hollywood could had lost its mind
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 06:12:32 AM »
I heard about that one a few days ago.  Though it isn't as bad as a Buffy the Vampire Slayer without Buffy...and no involvement from Joss Whedon.  Assine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »
OK,,, now that is just completely and totally ridiculous! I don't know what else to say!
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »
Yeah, I heard too and treated it with the contempt it deserves. From a business perspective, you can see how they arrived at it: "we own some rights to one of the most successful sci-fi creations ever? hmmmm... lets not use them ever because that would compromise the artistic integrity of Mr. Whedon."

No way. But they'll have a shock a store because it will be a piece of shit.  :shrug:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 07:11:05 PM »
It wouldn't bother me so much if it was focused on a new slayer instead of Buffy if Whedon was still involved.  But without him, I don't see how it will be any good at all.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 07:38:25 PM »
 :readthis: Why everyone talk about this film, the link was about a remake of Scream (more ridiculous than a Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie without the title character)...

Where is the moderator when we need a : "stay on topic" ...  :whistle:

(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 08:17:47 PM »
 :laugh: Just for the record... my comment was in reply to both Scream and Buffy!  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 08:34:21 PM »
 :bag:

I didn't click the link.  :-[ I'd already read about Buffy elsewhere and then misread Marie's post.

Worth mentioning that Scream was a good idea, but it has dated really badly. Maybe if Williamson has learned how to write a bit better in the meantime, it will be better. I saw it again only a few days ago as it was on TV and the film references get very tired very quickly, plus the a lot of the kills are just lazy.

Hang on. Who was the director again?

:D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 08:37:07 PM by Jon »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 09:14:17 PM »
:hysterical:
You sure hate him as much as I hate another one that I will not name (he doesn't deserve the time to write his name), but you know who he is :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 09:39:30 PM »
I don't hate him that much!  :laugh: Actually I don't hate him at all. He's just very overrated.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 11:28:23 PM »
I did click the link.  I'm not sure what I think about more Scream movies yet.  Maybe it could work....but I'm not that...optimistic about it. 

I just mentioned the idiocy of a Buffy movie without Whedon because that is incredibly stupid too.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 11:41:01 PM »
Marie it isn't another Scream sequel (not really needed, but the 2 others weren't also), but a remake... It was made in 1996 for crying out loud, who is nostalgic about a movie made 13 years ago? Just realize who! The PG-13 crowd :dance:

A younger version of Scream ::) Was the original an adult movie not filled with teenagers and TV actors? I don't think so, it was already a teen slasher movie (and a not so good one).

But Marjorie the Vampire Slayer or Beatrice the Vampire Slayer or Agagug the Vampire Slayer sounds cool :tease:

OK, not really :laugh:

But an Inuit who kill vampire sounds like a fun idea (sometimes I'm easilly amused :laugh:)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:48:26 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 05:14:33 AM »
Marie it isn't another Scream sequel (not really needed, but the 2 others weren't also), but a remake... It was made in 1996 for crying out loud, who is nostalgic about a movie made 13 years ago? Just realize who! The PG-13 crowd :dance:

A younger version of Scream ::) Was the original an adult movie not filled with teenagers and TV actors? I don't think so, it was already a teen slasher movie (and a not so good one).

But Marjorie the Vampire Slayer or Beatrice the Vampire Slayer or Agagug the Vampire Slayer sounds cool :tease:

OK, not really :laugh:

But an Inuit who kill vampire sounds like a fun idea (sometimes I'm easilly amused :laugh:)

I thought it was just supposed to be a new Scream movie....set like 15 years later or however long it has been.  I guess I missed the remake part.  Well that is stupid.

All this remake/reboot stuff is getting carried to extremes in some cases. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 08:02:14 PM »
You sure hate him as much as I hate another one that I will not name (he doesn't deserve the time to write his name), but you know who he is :laugh:
Now that must have taken longer than actually writing his name. :P

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 09:11:47 PM »