Author Topic: My Movies  (Read 6276 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: My Movies
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 01:25:59 AM »
Jimmy would be providing a service if he was contributing because his films aren't well known.
I've gave up contributing. When it was not necessary to write a book on new contribution it was perfect for me. Just an exemple why I refuse to contribute : I was the original and only contributor for "Swedish Erotica Volume Four" a 4 hours compilation with no credit. If I would want to update it now that would be a lot of non usefull works, the absence of credit means that I would have to make screencapture for something like more than 25 actors (that I can easilly recognize visually) but it wouldn't be enough for the prima dona... I need to find at least two sources to confirm who is in the screencap. I can understand the need for some rules, but when it's over the top I'm out of here... I'm not paid to build a database for Ken ::)

Anyway, I see a lot of name errors in their so-called perfect database :laugh: 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 05:13:52 AM »
Cast, Crew: Taking cast and Crew from IMDb (though you can change and lock locally) and you can't click on a name to see other films you have that person in.
Are the cast and crew info are link together? Since the data is from imdb I suppose it's the case

ninehours

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 05:37:04 AM »
Cast, Crew: Taking cast and Crew from IMDb (though you can change and lock locally) and you can't click on a name to see other films you have that person in.
Are the cast and crew info are link together? Since the data is from imdb I suppose it's the case
I can't see any way of clicking on a name to view other films you have that person in like you can in profiler, possibly the more you contribute and the more points/stars you accumulate possibly other features become available?.
You can also make a "Donation" to the programme (pay), don't know if that makes any changes?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »
I played around with this quite a bit more. I input A-C of my collection... updating where needed. I already received enough points to have my collection online. Which is definitely better then DVD Profiler's version... so far that is the only thing I like better... and may be reason of it's own to use it. You can see it HERE.

Some more things I didn't see mentioned that I do NOT like about it...

- No personal information (Where purchased, how much, date purchased)
- No Watched Status that I have found
- Boxset display?? I see you can make boxsets.. but don't see how it helps anything. (grouping together and such)
Pete

ninehours

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 07:05:19 PM »
I played around with this quite a bit more. I input A-C of my collection... updating where needed. I already received enough points to have my collection online. Which is definitely better then DVD Profiler's version... so far that is the only thing I like better... and may be reason of it's own to use it. You can see it HERE.

Some more things I didn't see mentioned that I do NOT like about it...

- No personal information (Where purchased, how much, date purchased)
- No Watched Status that I have found
- Boxset display?? I see you can make boxsets.. but don't see how it helps anything. (grouping together and such)
Don't use watched status myself but forgot about Personal Info that is a big minus, have not tried to set up a Box Set yet. I do like the look of the online collection have accumulated enough points to increase cover quality ninehours' My Movies

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 07:12:59 PM »
I haven't accumulated enough points to increase cover quality yet... but I will definitely increase it when I do.

I like the watched Status a lot in DVD Profiler. I never used to use it... but now that I got used to it I can't imagine going without it.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »
I like the watched Status a lot in DVD Profiler. I never used to use it... but now that I got used to it I can't imagine going without it.
Certainly one of my favorite features in DVDP, since I have discover it. Too bad DVDP doesn't use it in a better way, just like in phpDVDProfiler :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »
Yeah... I would love to see Ken come up with something even similar to the last watched/bought banners for our sig files.
Pete