Author Topic: What is this World Coming to?  (Read 3736 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
What is this World Coming to?
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:27:19 PM »
If it isn't one thing to worry about... it is another.

We just got a phone call from my brother. My nephew is in the hospital. He lives in Philly so we are all over here in wait and hear something mode...

Last night there was an intruder in my nephew's house. We don't know much at this point... but apparently he surprised the guy and was attacked. From what we understand it is pretty bad. The guy had a knife and he stabbed my nephew multiple times. That I know of for sure...

1. Punctured lung
2. punctured diaphragm
3. cuts to his neck and face

We did get him on the phone for a couple minutes... but he could barely talk. He sounds aweful. I hate this sit and wait game... but unfortunately a trip to Philly is just out of the question for us right now. At least his father and sister (who lives in this area) is on their way there to be with him now.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me so upset it is unreal... makes me wish I could get just five minutes alone with that guy!
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What is this World Coming to?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 06:30:28 PM »
That sounds terrible!!! I wish all the best to your nephew and hope everything will get better soon.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 06:37:16 PM »
Thanks Achim...
We just found out some more information...

was stabbed in the back of his neck... he was lucky here... it did not do any damage to his spinal cord

Sliced his face... was pretty lucky on this one as well... it was right under the eye... but did no damage to the eye.

Stabbed in the Stomach... nicked his liver.. but will be fine here.

stabbed in the chest... this one punctured his lung. They have a chest tube in him. Nephew said when the knife came out he could actually hear the air coming from his lung.

and he has some cuts to his arms and legs. It turns out he knew who the guy was... it was one of his own neighbors... he tried to kill my nephew and takes his money and rob his house.

The Doctors say he will be ok... so that is relief there alone. Thankfully he knew who the guy was as he was able to tell the police and from the last we heard they are still after the guy.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 07:03:01 PM »
Terrible! Happy to hear he'll make and that no life threatening or crippling damage was done.

Hope they catch the crook and he gets what he deserves! (but unfortunately, they rarely do)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 07:13:44 PM »
Thanks Sébastien... I know what you mean. I am hoping that the fact that he recognized him as one of his neighbors will help in that though.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »
Sounds like your nephew will be ok? Hope the scumbag gets what he deserves.

What are the laws like where you are regards defending your home? In the UK, if you come home and find someone nicking your telly, you pretty much have to help them out with it so they don't hurt their back.  ::) I'm exaggerating... but not much.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »
Yeah... the doctors says he will be fine.

I really not sure what the laws are like now. I know there was a time you could protect your home and family with lethal force (if absolutely necessary)... but I am sure those times are long gone now. As I have heard stories (no idea how true they are) of criminals hurting themselves while robbing you and were able to sue you for getting hurt on your property.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »
Sorry to hear that, hope he gets better soon.  :console:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 08:10:29 PM »
When I read something like this I'm happy to live where I live. Most of the time I complain that it's a boring place where nothing happen. but I can get out alone everywhere in the night (with my shape in a big city it would take 2 minutes to be rob or beaten) and I can leave my home without locking it. The murder cases are really rare, 2 since a couple of year but one was a prostitute who died of a drug overdose (more a case of not helping a person in distress) and I'm sure that you have heard about the other recent one (a really sad case of suicide pact involving 2 children). Pete your nephew is sure lucky to not get worst injuries and the criminal is sure an idiot. How in hell he could think that a neighbours will not recognize it? People are so dumb! I don't know but if you have miss your theft just forget it and run. A theft attempt is surely a better accusation than murder attempt...

I Hope that your nephew will not have any worst complication undiscover.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 08:16:32 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your family member. I can't imagine feeling safe after being attacked like that. I hope that he will get all the help he needs. As far as that evil SOB that did this, how can he possibly get what he deserves.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 08:23:03 PM »
Thanks Everyone...

and Kathy... I know what you mean. I am the youngest of 5 boys. I say catch him... and give each of us 10 minutes alone with him... I can guarantee you he wouldn't do it again!  :devil:
Pete

DVDsRGreat

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »
That's terrible what happened!! Sorry abt it. I wish your nephew a fast recovery and hope they catch and dole out the highest possible sentence!

- Shrek

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 04:13:51 AM »
Oh no.  That's horrible..and that it was someone he knew.  :(  I'm glad he's going to be ok.  Hopefully the police with catch the creep.  Hearing about things like this makes me glad I don't live in a big city.  As it is now, I make sure I keep the doors locked all the time and if there is someone at the door that I don't know, I don't open it.  I'm not taking any chances.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 08:42:48 AM »
and that it was someone he knew.
On a personal level it's terrible that a neighbour would do something like this. On a judicial level it's perfect. It's not some random stranger who's never seen again but the attacker can be identifed and can be charged in a court of law.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

m.cellophane

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 09:32:59 AM »
Sorry to learn this news, Pete. Hope your nephew gets better real soon.