Author Topic: The 20 Best Movies Adapted from Comic Books  (Read 787 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
The 20 Best Movies Adapted from Comic Books
« on: March 19, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »
Some good one in this list and I really like some of those movie (you see I can watch comic book movie :P). I will probably have to succumb to Iron Man if even Robin Bougie like it :laugh:

And the list made me remember that I've not get "Danger : Diabolik" yet, I will have to correct this soon

The 20 Best Movies Adapted from Comic Books

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The 20 Best Movies Adapted from Comic Books
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »
Ain't any good, he liked Iron Man but not (at least the first) X-Men.

:tease:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 05:31:02 PM »
It's because he isn't a mainstream movie watcher. Don't forget that we talk about the writer and publisher of Cinema Sewer 

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:04:10 PM »
Yeah, that's a decent list, though I may have ordered them a little different. Also, not sure about all the Anime entries. I'm not questioning the quality, but comics are so much a part of Japanese culture now that the fact there are Animes of Mangas is a bit "well, duh".  :slaphead:

Look at it from the other side; all the entries for Western material are live action. Turning a comic into a decent live action film is hard for Hollywood to get right at the best of times while audiences would never go en masse to see an animated Iron Man, no matter how brilliant it was, because it would just be a "kid's cartoon". In other words, Japan's filmmakers have the experience, the attitude and the audience to do it right and do it well. He should have done another list for them.