Author Topic: OK... I admit it.... I am an IDIOT!  (Read 1923 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
OK... I admit it.... I am an IDIOT!
« on: February 04, 2009, 02:41:40 AM »
What with all the trips to the hospital for mom's blood transfusions I decided today I would pick up a portable DVD player for while I am sitting in the hospital with her all day long. A good investment I thought. I been wanting to do this for a long time now. Every since her transfusions started a couple years ago.

About an hour before it was time to leave this morning something popped in my head. I had stored away an old laptop computer when the keyboard went up on it. And if I remember right it had a DVD-Rom in it. So I pulled it out first thing this morning... sure enough... a DVD-Rom! I plugged it in and turned it on. found an old version of PowerDVD on the system (Win 98). Turned it on... popped in a DVD... and got treated to a very nice picture and sound. I could have been watching my DVDs at the hospital all this time! For the last couple years!!!

So instead of getting a portable DVD player I got a few more DVDs today (Bones: S3, Cosby Show: S2 & Saw V). As well as brought a couple DVDs with me. So while sitting there in the hospital I was able to watch 3 episodes of Bones: S3 and 2 episodes of Friday the 13th: The Series: S1.

I am still kicking myself where the sun don't shine for not remembering that old laptop a long time ago!  :bag: :P
Pete

RossRoy

Re: OK... I admit it.... I am an IDIOT!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 03:15:10 AM »
I wouldn't say an idiot, but... take your pick :tease:

blockhead, cretin, dodo, dolt, donkey, dope, dork [slang], dumbbell, dummy, dunce, fathead, goon, half-wit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, knothead, moron, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numskull (or numbskull), pinhead, simpleton, stock, turkey, booby, fool, goose, loony (also looney), lunatic, madman, nut, zany; loser; gawk; featherbrain, scatterbrain; beast, boor, cad, churl, clown, creep, cur, heel, jerk, skunk, snake, stinker, villain

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:25:11 AM »
 :hysterical: Well... thank you... I don't feel nearly as bad now!  :bag: :suicide:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 04:02:31 AM »
 :hysterical:

I'd say I had a blonde moment...and being blonde is a state of mind, not a hair color ;)

:hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
 :laugh: Oh well.... at least I know now!  ;D
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »
Strange, I didn't see "muppet" in the list...  :hmmmm:

:devil:

richierich

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »
Strange, I didn't see "muppet" in the list...  :hmmmm:

:devil:

and no 'plonker'

;)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »
I'd say you are a lucky guy. You remembered you had a notebook and therefore you saved a few hundred bucks on a portable player.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 05:38:10 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 04:34:35 PM »
Thank You Karsten!  :) Though I do feel a little like an ass not thinking of it a couple years ago. :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »
Thank You Karsten!  :) Though I do feel a little like an ass not thinking of it a couple years ago. :P

Don't do that to yourself Pete. We've all forgotten we had something and then considered buying a replacement. Some of us have probably bought the damn thing and then found the old one. (I know I did on a few occasions)

leo1963

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 10:05:46 PM »
Don't be too hard on yourself.  NOT.    :yahoo:  LOL

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 02:42:52 AM »
No harm done since you remembered before you bought the portable DVD player.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 12:23:41 PM »
I will most likely be at the hospital with my mother all day again today. Going by how she looks I am pretty sure she will be needing blood again. We should also get the results to the bone marrow test she had done. Hopefully all she needs is some bone marrow from one of us then these transfusions may end.

I have my computer all packed up with a few different choices of TV Show DVDs to watch. Hopefully we will be somewhere I can plug it in since I don't have a working battery for it. I will also be stopping by Walmart... wonder If I will see a DVD or 2 I want to add to my collection.  ;)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 05:18:28 AM »
My best wishes to your mom!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 12:29:26 PM »
Thanks Achim...
You know... it is really confusing... my mother needs a transfusion every 3 weeks to a month (she actually has to be checked again in 2 weeks as she was really low this time) But yet the bone marrow test came out perfectly normal... everything looked fine... even plenty of iron which he explained is what makes the blood (or something like that)  :P

Here I was yesterday completely prepared to get tested to see if I was a match to give her some of my bone marrow... only to find out they still had no answers to why she is so anemic.

It is so weird... she seems fine... bone marrow should be doing it's job... there is no signs of any type of internal bleeding... no answers what so ever... but she still can not seem to keep her blood levels up. Talk about frustrating!
Pete