Author Topic: Video editing software  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Video editing software
« on: April 02, 2009, 04:15:09 PM »
Anyone know a good one that can be use for avi files. What I want to do with it is removing bad encoding part of a file (with this it's impossible to burn on a dvd) and replace cut parts in a movie.

Since I'm a cheap guy and easy to confuse when thing are complicated, I prefer a freeware or shareware easy to use (maybe something that work with copy&paste :laugh:)

Najemikon

Re: Video editing software
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 07:45:37 PM »
Is the free Windows one still built in? Can't remember what it was called. And what CD/DVD writing software do you use? Most have fairly decent editors in now.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:53:13 PM »
I use Convert XtoDVD to make them since he convert almost all the files to a dvd format, he had a lot of dvd menu option, he never fail when he create the dvd and he is in french. But he had no option for editing the file or this is really well hidden.

Maybe I've something on my Windows XP disc that wasn't intalled on my computer by the technician where I've bought it. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that the Microsoft one is a pain in the ass since we always need new codec files (at least this is what I've read on the net and if it's written on the web that must be true :laugh:)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 12:12:43 AM »
Just in case someone else could have the same kind of problem that I had when I've started this topic. This is what I've found :

For editing the file (only removing bad part)
VirtualDub

To check if you have the correct video and audio codec in your computer and get them if missing
Video Inspector

The only thing that I've not found is a software to add a cut part in the good place. But I could always place them as extra on my dvd (not perfect, but it's not different than deleted scenes on commercial dvd).

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
Are you sure you haven't got any editing options within your writing software? Usually, while you create a DVD project, most applications allow you to do all sorts; add a basic menu, chapters, etc. Rudimentary editing should be a given.